2015 - 2020 F-150

15 F150 hit in the rear at 35mph. Pics

Old 03-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if they replace the frame and put a new bed on it. Doubt there are any salvaged parts out there yet.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Micheal
Wouldn't be surprised if they replace the frame and put a new bed on it. Doubt there are any salvaged parts out there yet.
Bingo! Never worked in a body shop, but I think it would be easier and cheaper and faster to just reframe it and throw a new bed on than trying to straighten out that mess.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:31 AM
I couldn't imagine paying for a new truck and driving a truck that same truck after it had been essentially totaled (if it was a 14 it would be totaled). That truck will never be the same.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:27 AM
I own a 2015 F 150 4x4 Super crew , the frame is not aluminum only the body panels and box are. Side note: My 2015 replaced a 2010 Ford Ranger 4x4 . The F 150 showed unrated on the window sticker. When I called the insurance after buying the 2015 , I asked them to take the full coverage on the Ranger , and move it to the new truck , and start there. To my surprise, my insurance went DOWN for the new truck. Was paying $824 full coverage on Ranger that was 5 years old, and $819 was the new cost for the new F 150. Had to ask them, pointed out the vehicle was yet unrated , he said they have access to information not yet released, and this is in fact the safest truck Ford has ever made. It must be true , my insurance went down for the new truck.

To the OP , No way that was 35 mph . Land Rover has been using aluminum for years and was owned by Ford . This technology is perfected- embrace technology at it`s finest- Ford would never risk the best selling truck by compromising anything especially safety.

FYI , the new F 250`s for 2016 are going Aluminum as well. Aluminum body panels exist on the 2015 Lincoln MKT (Hood and Liftgate) And the 2015 MKX (Hood) . This is only the beginning watch the other manufacturers jump on board.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Micheal
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Bingo! Never worked in a body shop, but I think it would be easier and cheaper and faster to just reframe it and throw a new bed on than trying to straighten out that mess.
Negative. They totaled the truck. Owner has his new one already.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by hdff2002
It does suck to be the owner of that truck. You should have gave them info on f150online.com while you were there.
He's already a member on the OTHER F150forum ... dot com.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Howdy all! I am the owner of the poor truck in the pics and I just wanted to share...
Story:

Truck was delivered in on Friday 3/13/15 (yes Friday the 13th), was parked on residential street (having dinner with my in-laws). On Sunday (2 days later) a former police officer was texting and driving too fast (cited for failure to control speed... note that it is a 30MPH limit), never hit the breaks, whamo!

My truck (remember parked) was thrown 283 feet down the street (4 houses). He was in a 2015 Toyota 4 runner. He walked away with a scraped shin and bitten tongue. Praise God he was not hurt more!

Insurance fiasco - he did not have enough coverage Geiko just washed their hands of me and said go to your local insurance. I have State Farm and they were INCREDIBLE. The truck was not 'financially' totalled but due to the part unavailability and my local agent stressing the situation with his company they took care of it. 99% (I lost money on my deductible and about $400 due to 500 miles on the truck).

Damage:
Bent Frame (would need to be replaced)
Bed (replace)
Rearend (replace)
Cab: near perfect
Blown out rear window.

In my opinion the truck performed perfectly and would have kept the occupants safe (except for likely whiplash), but the aluminum crumpled like it was designed and I am very impressed.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Haha I win! I knew he would get dropped like a bad transmission.

Seriously though, glad you got it squared away and glad he wasn't hurt any worse. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I hope this woke the guy up to the dangers of drexting.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Lord works in mysterious ways...........

Only in your mind....

Old 04-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
The Lord works in mysterious ways...........

Only in your mind....
Hater?

Old 04-02-2015, 06:35 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Not enough coverage? Did he only have the $25k state minimum property damage liability? I assume your underinsured motorist coverage kicked in?

Former cop? First post said it was a young kid?

Old 04-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Blue150
Hater?
Nope, not a hater. But you know......God did not create man, man created God. So, keep it in perspective, please. I do believe people should be free to believe. I also signed a petition to keep our cross on Mt. Soledad, which has been in court for years. I want it there for our veterans because I know they would have wanted it there, it is for their memory. I do not believe in any God or religion. But for those that do, have at it. Now, we can return to where the thread intended...........

Old 04-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by glc

Former cop? First post said it was a young kid?
I was going by what the online news story showed, they aren't very professional and first said a young driver, and also said 2 house lots. Of course now the young driver has been "edited"

Now what the story states

"A Toyota 4-Runner, with a driver who police say was texting, slammed into the rear of a parked, brand new 2015 Ford F-150 with the dealer tags still on the truck."

"According to investigator Sgt.. Travis Griffith of the San Angelo Police Department, the impact of the crash pushed the Ford forward the distance of approximately two house lots. Also destroyed in the crash was a resident’s mailbox"

Old 04-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
the impact of the crash pushed the Ford forward the distance of approximately two house lots.
Dang! My 'house lot' is about 2000' long!

Old 04-03-2015, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
Nope, not a hater. But you know......God did not create man, man created God. So, keep it in perspective, please. I do believe people should be free to believe. I also signed a petition to keep our cross on Mt. Soledad, which has been in court for years. I want it there for our veterans because I know they would have wanted it there, it is for their memory. I do not believe in any God or religion. But for those that do, have at it. Now, we can return to where the thread intended...........
So you hijacked the thread to give your opinion on a topic you don't care about and don't care if others do. You were hating. Got it. Agreed, back on topic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 15 F150 hit in the rear at 35mph. Pics