2015 - 2020 F-150

Am I getting a fair price for a 2015 Ford F150 XLT Crew

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I getting a fair price for a 2015 Ford F150 XLT Crew

If this is in the wrong section, please move.

I'm in the process of trying to get a new truck. It started out searching used. Then I was thinking a leftover 2014 F150 STX. Then I made the mistake...or smart move of driving a '15 F150. The last F150 I owned was an 05 Supercrew Lariat.

I will say, I'm also looking at the 2015 Chevy Silverados. It's going to come down to the best price. Currently I have both pitted against each other. Net out the door prices are within a couple hundred dollars. The Chevy is cheaper, but man they're killing me on my trade. The Ford dealer is giving me a very strong trade. A solid $2000 over what any dealer I've gone to yet has offered. Unfortunately I do have a negative trade. That's discussion for another day. Essentially, they are discounting the truck $9k.

As for the truck it's an XLT Crew, 5.0, 302a, snow plow prep, larger gas tank, tow package and trailer controller.

48,475.00 MSRP
7,000.00 Discount
2,000.00 Rebate
39,475.00 Sale Price
20,500.00 Trade in offered
18,975.00 Trade difference
1,204.38 Sales Tax
295.00 Dealer Fee
100.00 Registration
20,574.38 Total Purchase Price
22,250.00 Balance Due on Trade In
42,824.38 Total Amount Financed

Good bad or indifferent? My trade is a 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek, that I bought new in August for $25k.

Last edited by goldmember; 03-02-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Sounds pretty darned good to me - you're getting a price that is close to A/Z plan, and not a horrible amount of loss on your Subie.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Considering it's a 2015, that's a pretty fair deal. I'd be jumping on that one.

FWIW, you do know that GM is having extreme issues with vibration in the trucks and there is no fix. The truck has a harmonic vibration that is equal to the rpms of driveshaft yet a new and balanced driveshaft doesn't fix it. Are you aware that GM is also having issues with the ring gears in the rear axle that are not round. Take a big guess here, neither are warrantable. It's normal according to GM. Looks like GM quality is about the same crap as always. If you just want to compare trucks, you'll need to look at Ram but be aware of the maintenance on one. Rams require frequent tuneups and the transmissions last maybe as long as 80,000 miles before needing replacement. My personal opinion, a Ram needs a muffler the day you buy it- it's a noisy ride.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:49 PM
So far the feedback is good on my pricing. I'm glad to hear that.

Not wisely I traded my 2013 Ram 1500 crew for the Subie back in August. I really like my Ram, except its gas mileage was horrendous. My 05 F150 that was leveled with 305's was a solid 3-4 mpg better. I had my Ram for two years and had no problems outside of a few paint flaws. It also road like a brick once I leveled it. What irked me the most is I bought mine then two months later they released the 8spd transmission. I eneded up hitting a breaking point and traded it without thinking everything through. Then I bought the Subaru, but just didn't realize how econo car it was. Loud on the highway, horrible tech, squeeks and clunks with only 4500 miles (granted part of that is winter). It needs a 6th gear for it's manual tranny. I also feel like a "boy racer" in it and not professional when using for work. I do love the way it looks, gas mileage compared to a truck is great and it's unreal in the snow. But I need to get back into a truck. Too many times I've needed one since being without.

I have heard of the vibration issues On the GMs. All vehicles have issues. I'm sure the '15 F150s will have teething problem to .

Last edited by goldmember; 02-22-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by goldmember
So far the feedback is good on my pricing. I'm glad to hear that.

Not wisely I traded my 2013 Ram 1500 crew for the Subie back in August. I really like my Ram, except its gas mileage was horrendous. My 05 F150 that was leveled with 305's was a solid 3-4 mpg better. I had my Ram for two years and had no problems outside of a few paint flaws. It also road like a brick once I leveled it. What irked me the most is I bought mine then two months later they released the 8spd transmission. I eneded up hitting a breaking point and traded it without thinking everything through. Then I bought the Subaru, but just didn't realize how econo car it was. Loud on the highway, horrible tech, squeeks and clunks with only 4500 miles (granted part of that is winter). It needs a 6th gear for it's manual tranny. I also feel like a "boy racer" in it and not professional when using for work. I do love the way it looks, gas mileage compared to a truck is great and it's unreal in the snow. But I need to get back into a truck. Too many times I've needed one since being without.

I have heard of the vibration issues On the GMs. All vehicles have issues. I'm sure the '15 F150s will have teething problem to .
Forgive me for being rude but trading in a vehicle once a year and getting a good deal on a new one kinda defeats the purpose. Losing only 2k on a one year old car is great. You had to get murdered on the Ram. I'd guess at least 3k or 4k lost. Sounds like if you like the truck get it, especially if you can minimize your losses like that. A good deal would come from not being upside down on a loan. You might as well lease at that point. Dealerships are very resourceful and will give you exactly what you ask for.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:15 AM
I 110% agree that changing vehicles this often is not ideal nor smart. I have nothing to refute there. I told my wife this is my "gambling/drug/drinking" addiction. Since I don't do the those...swapping vehicles is my drug of choice.

I didn't do bad with Ram at all. I owed $34k, and got a $31.5k for it. I rolled $2.5k into the Subie and oddly that's what I'll need to roll into the F150. At the end of the day, I'll be just shy of $5k under MSRP with the F150.

We won't get into the money I've lost in mods...to me that's the price I pay to play. LOL

Last edited by goldmember; 03-02-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Hi,
I am in MA . What dealer is offering this deal? thanks

Old 03-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like you are going into it with your eyes open. The deal is quite good all around if it's what you want. I tell my wife playing with my truck is cheaper than hookers and blow.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Bkool, sent you a pm.

Originally Posted by tcp2
sounds like you are going into it with your eyes open. The deal is quite good all around if it's what you want. I tell my wife playing with my truck is cheaper than hookers and blow.
Thank you! Someone who views it like I do.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by goldmember
I 110% agree that changing vehicles this often is not ideal nor smart. I have nothing to refute there. I told my wife this is my "gambling/drug/drinking" addiction. Since I don't do the those...swapping vehicles is my drug of choice.

I didn't do bad with Ram at all. I owed $34k, and got a $31.5k for it. I rolled $2.5k into the Subie and oddly that's what I'll need to roll into the F150. At the end of the day, I'll be just shy of $5k under MSRP with the F150.

We won't get into the money I've lost in mods...to me that's the price I pay to play. LOL
Haha, fair enough. I have a good friend that does the exact same thing. I've been in the position to do it once and didn't make out that well, but this about 8 years ago. I'm interested in seeing what you pick out. I'm also looking for an f150 as well, just checking out the forums first.

Quick Reply: Am I getting a fair price for a 2015 Ford F150 XLT Crew