2015 - 2020 F-150

Changes to 2015 version of 3.5 L Eco-Boost?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:35 AM
JHG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changes to 2015 version of 3.5 L Eco-Boost?

Hi Everybody I'm a newbie and I hope I don't get off on the wrong foot. But... I want to know if Ford has made any design build changes to the 2015 3.5 ecoboost. I've heard about some TSB's but I was wondering if any structural redesigns were necessary to eliminate the issues and to assure future buyers, like myself and the 100's of thousands of others over the next few years, that the timing chain issue, misfire issues and any possible moisture being sucked into the intakes has been addressed.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:42 AM
Guess no one knows ? I am wondering too. My new XLT is a 3.5. I know most Ecoboosts were fine.

-Jeff

Old 01-17-2015, 10:47 PM
JHG
My salesman (not a good source) said so many parts have been changed and upgraded in the '15 that they are not inter-changeable with other model years. I've convinced myself that after 4 years in with the engine that Ford has gotten most if not all the issues resolved. btw, I got 550 miles on mine and I love it, smooth power and I love the 6 speed too.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sure there have been a few changes as there have been incremental changes every year. Since the rated output remains the same I'd venture to say the changes were more like fine tuning the design than completely changing it.

Also, a lot of the issues have been WAY overblown by people who hate the idea of anything other than a V8 in a truck.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
I'm sure there have been a few changes as there have been incremental changes every year. Since the rated output remains the same I'd venture to say the changes were more like fine tuning the design than completely changing it.

Also, a lot of the issues have been WAY overblown by people who hate the idea of anything other than a V8 in a truck.
My dealer has @ 20% of 3.5L EB with the fuel in the crank issue. My 2011 is one of the lucky ones. Some of these guys had 2011s and jumped to a 2014 thinking no way would the 2014 still have that same issue. Wrong. It did. Bad luck. I think its a great question: Is the issue fixed with the 2015s? The long awaited "fix" on the previous MYs is still forthcoming. For a while it was going to be a new fuel pump and injectors, then perhaps only with a software update but last I heard it has not been released yet...

My truck had the hesitation issue a couple weeks ago, despite having all updates with the exception of the new spark plug cap update I just heard about.

I wouldn't buy a 2015+ until I hear confirmed real world reports that those issues are resolved. That has nothing to do with V6 vs. V8. These reports are from actual owners WHO BOUGHT the V6 and the dealer has confirmed all of them.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:16 AM
JHG
I wouldn't buy a 2015+ until I hear confirmed real world reports that those issues are resolved. That has nothing to do with V6 vs. V8. These reports are from actual owners WHO BOUGHT the V6 and the dealer has confirmed all of them.[/QUOTE]
Well I did, hope I don't get proved to be a dumbass. Timing Chain has been replaced for sure as of the 2014 TSB. I'll just keep an eye out for future TSB's and stay on top of the oil and spark plug changes.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:38 AM
I heard THE 15 3.5 eb has a 2 bar map sensor instead of a 3 bar and a smaller fuel pump

Quick Reply: Changes to 2015 version of 3.5 L Eco-Boost?