2015 - 2020 F-150

TFLTruck: 2015 Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost First Drive Review: Mini but Mighty?

Old 10-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TFLTruck: 2015 Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost First Drive Review: Mini but Mighty?

2015 Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost Lariat Sport First Drive Review

link: http://www.tfltruck.com/2014/10/2015...t-drive-video/

Old 10-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Question

I like how they knocked on the exterior a couple of times, was curious myself as to how it would sound different compared to steel. Yes, I know the hood has been aluminum for awhile on them, but I guess I never really thought about it and don't recall ever giving my hood a knock and thinking, gee that sure sounds different than the rest of my truck. The only thing I remember about my hoods was that in 1997 & 1998 my 150's had a little light underneath, but my 04 & 09 didn't.

I know there's that article out there about Ford testing their paint on the new truck so it'll keep it's initial shine quality better and all that, but we already know it doesn't get the new paint treatment (just oxford white so far) created for just the transit for now that has a new formula for keeping the paint looking like new for many years after purchase. Typical stuff you'd expect to see and hear when a new model is being launched. But I wonder exactly how the paint process differs, if at all, from before. As in, does the paint apply the same as on steel, does it adhere as well or better or worse, and does the material it's on affect how well it retains it's original luster/clearcoat/shine? Again, I don't recall any of my F150 hoods being any different in terms of paint adhesion/quality/luster/etc. Just a curiosity as to how it's different now, if at all, and perhaps address again why it is that white platinum is still an extra cost compared to the other colors.

As an aside, I saw someone ask recently about the door detents on the new truck compared to the previous 150's because they always sucked, the front doors either opened way too wide, or so small it was useless. I still haven't heard about the detents yet, but remember that the front doors are now finally smaller, and lighter, both of which will certainly help with egress. I wonder if the wheel well liner option makes any noticeable visual difference at all as well.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
The only thing I remember about my hoods was that in 1997 & 1998 my 150's had a little light underneath, but my 04 & 09 didn't.
Are you going on the tour?

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2014/10...rive-tour.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TFLTruck: 2015 Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost First Drive Review: Mini but Mighty?