2015 - 2020 F-150
View Poll Results: Do you think that Ford should have continued to offer the 6.2L V8 for the 2015 F150?
Yes, it should be available for the 2015 F150
65.00%
Yes, but only in a premium model like the Raptor
10.00%
No.
25.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Do you want the 6.2L V8 back for 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
Care to explain why? I understand some of the 60* GM V6s sounded pretty tinny and left a bad taste in folks mouths but there's a bunch of other really good other V6s on the market.

Turbos are actually nothing more than an engine heart driven air compressor. They use the expanding hot air that is being exhausted and use this wasted energy to turn a compressor wheel. The compressed air is then ducted back into the engine to boost cylinder pressure. I know some of the early applications were less than perfect, but the bugs have been worked out since then.
the engine configuration just irks me. never been a fan. I do appreciate the sound of a N/A V8 (strongly), but honestly if you could still get an inline engine I'd want that. I prefer an 8 to a 6 with a V engine.

turbos....I can only stand on a diesel. and then really only cause of how much they need them. I can't stand the sound they make, and regardless of how strong and reliable they make them the engine's still less comfortable. and even when just as trustworthy as the others, add one more part to go wrong, as anything, likely or not, can.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NFLD FLARED 281
the engine configuration just irks me. never been a fan. I do appreciate the sound of a N/A V8 (strongly), but honestly if you could still get an inline engine I'd want that. I prefer an 8 to a 6 with a V engine.

turbos....I can only stand on a diesel. and then really only cause of how much they need them. I can't stand the sound they make, and regardless of how strong and reliable they make them the engine's still less comfortable. and even when just as trustworthy as the others, add one more part to go wrong, as anything, likely or not, can.
In other words:

"I just don't like them. I don't know why, I just don't. Oh wait, sound. Yeah, that's it. A V8 sounds better!"

Gotcha.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
In other words:

"I just don't like them. I don't know why, I just don't. Oh wait, sound. Yeah, that's it. A V8 sounds better!"

Gotcha.
you really have to mock??

another thing I hate is the lack of natural balance....a crossplane V8 is an improvement. but as said.....too bad theres no more I6s.

and to some people, a truck that meets their definition of a good sound is very important and that's their business.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you really have to mock??

another thing I hate is the lack of natural balance....a crossplane V8 is an improvement. but as said.....too bad theres no more I6s.

and to some people, a truck that meets their definition of a good sound is very important and that's their business.
Not mocking, just restating what you said in a simpler fashion.

Didn't say it wasn't your business...everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I will take the all-around performance (towing, mpg, HP, torque curve, etc) over sound any day. I happen to love the sound of the turbos on my PowerStroke, especially driving through town with the windows down. However, I normally have my kids in the truck anyway, so I can't hear anything else.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Not mocking, just restating what you said in a simpler fashion.

Didn't say it wasn't your business...everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I will take the all-around performance (towing, mpg, HP, torque curve, etc) over sound any day. I happen to love the sound of the turbos on my PowerStroke, especially driving through town with the windows down. However, I normally have my kids in the truck anyway, so I can't hear anything else.
ok, fair enough.

turbos sound alright on a diesel, not on a gas. the gas sound don't mix as well.

I do like hearing my truck, and when I do, no I don't want a v6 sound. but that's not all of it. I'm also one of those people who likes to do what work they can alone, and is happy with enough power to keep the truck moving without working hard or being sluggish and don't need any more. so I'm more than happy with a basic 2V N/A engine with fairly basic injection. always will be. but I won't begrudge someone who thinks otherwise - as long as you're not endangering others, drive what you want.

and lmao

Old 09-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
If the Tundra and Ram still have 400hp V8s, Ford will lose customers to those of us who want the big honking V8.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This poll is doomed due to data skew. Why? This is why:

"According to a recent report from R.L. Polk & Co, combined truck sales of the two Texas metroplexes outnumber every other state."

From: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/...-truck-thefts/

Ever'body knows that no self-respecting Texican ( even that idiot sherriff whut thinks he has a hope in hell of taking on ISIS with his fat-ayssed good 'ol boys ) would drive anythang but the largest V8 available.

And - even simple ol' Tex kin cipher that a tiny, peaky 5.sloh ain't gonna cotton to a 5.7, 'er a 6.2, 'er a 6.4.

Indeed - the demographic on this site supports this - and hence the voting is affected. IMHO, o'course.

BTW - I voted 'yes' - I simply like the maximum amount of choice. Even for cuisine.

CAFE strikes again.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 09-16-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:51 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I wish Ford would add the DOHC heads and vtc (variable timing cams) on the 6.2 and let us have it back

Old 09-17-2014, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Wookie
Care to explain why?
Because the sound is repulsive. I genuinely go "ewwww" and "bleehhh" every single time I hear and Eco with an exhaust.

However, turbo whistle with a quiet exhaust Fine trade off.

Originally Posted by tarajerame
I wish Ford would add the DOHC heads and vtc (variable timing cams) on the 6.2 and let us have it back
VCT would ruin it . . .

Originally Posted by Roadie
If the Tundra and Ram still have 400hp V8s, Ford will lose customers to those of us who want the big honking V8.
Absolutely. Personally, I'd buy a Gubmint Motors or Sheep truck if Ford were to eliminate their last V8. Tundra I'd never buy though. Even more than my inability to accept a non-V8, I can't stand looking down at a Japanese symbol on my steering wheel. Did it for a few months and won't ever do it again.

In other words:

Gotcha.
Exactly!

Old 09-17-2014, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I can't stand looking down at a Japanese symbol on my steering wheel. Did it for a few months and won't ever do it again.
not to be racist...but fully agreed.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Nothing wrong with a so called "Japanese" truck. Japan doesn't have American style of trucks. So what you see here in the states, is designed and developed here. 95% of the r&d and manufacturing is done here with American workers. I am one of them...

Old 09-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
Nothing wrong with a so called "Japanese" truck. Japan doesn't have American style of trucks. So what you see here in the states, is designed and developed here. 95% of the r&d and manufacturing is done here with American workers. I am one of them...
I'm aware. the US is no less foreign to me than japan, so it's not that point. I just don't like the jap brand trucks, that's all. and some of the american ones. just a quality/design/preference deal.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:20 PM

Absolutely nothing to do with with race. It's support for American goods. You think Japanese people buy American cars? Hail no.

Originally Posted by azmidget91
Titans are fully foreign as far as I'm concerned, Ridgeline isn't even a truck, and the Tundra is still too foreign. Designed with influence from Texas, made in SA, but still a foreign vehicle to me. Even if the R&D, manufacturing, etc. is done here, it's similar for GM, Ford, and Dodge. So they have a portion of the truck on equal standing, but it's still a foreign company. So our Domestic products are still way more domestic. I don't pay extra for things made here by American companies to turn around and drive a Toyota.

Even if you are "one of them," why aren't you driving one?

Old 09-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Absolutely nothing to do with with race. It's support for American goods. You think Japanese people buy American cars? Hail no.
no argument. I usually try to buy as local as possible.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:37 PM

no argument. I usually try to buy as local as possible.
I guess you don't have to support USA goods though

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Do you want the 6.2L V8 back for 2015?