2015 - 2020 F-150
View Poll Results: Should there be a 2015 Ford F150 Tremor?
Yes, the F150 needs a proper sport truck.
57.89%
No, it had a low take rate and who really needs a go-fast truck?
42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Should there be a 2015 F150 Tremor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 03:07 PM
IB Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question of the Week: Should there be a 2015 F150 Tremor?

The 2014 F150 Tremor brought new levels of performance to the Ford half ton lineup that we hadnt seen since the Lightning days...but with no mention of the Tremor for the 2015 F150 lineup, we want to know if the members here think that Ford should have continued the Tremor package into the new generation.

Make your pick in the poll above and tell us why you feel this way in the thread below!

Old 08-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
why not bring the lightning back???

it would look sweet...imo

Old 08-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Turning the Tremor over to the SVT team to be done correctly is the only way it should come back.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love that pic 88! Amazing. Looks like she's ready to run Bristol

Old 08-30-2014, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by Patrick R.
Poll Options

Should there be a 2015 Ford F150 Tremor?

Yes, the F150 needs a proper sport truck.

No, it had a low take rate and who really needs a go-fast truck?
I can't vote here because the choices are based on false premises.

1) The Tremor was never a proper sport truck so why would I want it back? Even sport truck enthusiasts bashed it.

2) It may have had a low take rate, but I did not see any numbers on it and did they build that many? Maybe they sold all they wanted to sell.

3) The Tremor was not a go fast truck. It was just a short wheel based sport truck with an EcoBoost engine.

If you wanted to know if people wanted the Tremor back, just give a yes or no poll without making the answers questionable.

Originally Posted by Patrick R.
Tremor brought new levels of performance to the Ford half ton lineup that we hadnt seen since the Lightning...
The Tremor was not anything like the performance or a followup to the Lightning. The Tremor was just a RC FX2. Not that there is anything wrong with that beause the FX2 is a great truck. At the end of the day the Tremor was the sticker on the side of the truck that said Tremor. But the SVT Lightning was a purpose-built high-performance sport truck with a specially tuned suspension and unique powertrain.

Edit: I voted against it because I don't believe we need more sticker packages and the Tremor is not a proper sport truck. If you had asked if we wanted a true Lightning followup, then I would have said yes.

Last edited by bluegreensf150; 08-30-2014 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Yes, it just doesnt need to have all the extras as standard. Make it basically the STX type package and allow to build up. Theres no reason the price should be so high for a base model. Imagine and $25K stripped down Aluminum bodied 3.5l ecoboost truck. It would go like stink.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:08 PM
FX2/Lariat should be an option on regular cabs regardless of which engine you choose.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:06 PM
no. useless trucks.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
the "tremor" is proof of how ignorant people are...

I vote they bring it back and allow them to pay for being stupid

it has nothing "performance" and those that claim it is a "performer" ad act like the ecojoke platform is brand new have failed at life

Old 09-02-2014, 10:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
They should make a proper sport truck, something 2wd with more power than any other f150 available, and the ability to carve the corners with the best of them. Oh, and finally, keep it somewhat affordable. Make it with a nice sporty look, but leave out the frills. A regular cab XLT with the sport pack (the 2015 equalivalent to an STX) would be a good starting point. No leather, no power heated seats, no HID's, no tailgate step, etc, etc. Keep down the weight and keep down the cost and people will buy them. Oh and give us a choice on engines, like a pumped up 3.5 eco and a pumped up 5 liter.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by 88racing
why not bring the lightning back???

it would look sweet...imo

That does look bad A.

Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
They should make a proper sport truck, something 2wd with more power than any other f150 available, and the ability to carve the corners with the best of them. Oh, and finally, keep it somewhat affordable. Make it with a nice sporty look, but leave out the frills. A regular cab XLT with the sport pack (the 2015 equalivalent to an STX) would be a good starting point. No leather, no power heated seats, no HID's, no tailgate step, etc, etc. Keep down the weight and keep down the cost and people will buy them. Oh and give us a choice on engines, like a pumped up 3.5 eco and a pumped up 5 liter.
This. FX2/STX on the outside, XLT with special seat covers on the inside, a factory supercharged 5.0, and you'll have buyers.

The old L had 120 HP on the regular 5.4, so a new one needs almost 500, at least mid 400s, horses to make it special. Mustang 5.0 could make mid 400s without even adding forced induction, so it can do 500 on less than 6 pounds.

Originally Posted by bluegreensf150
I can't vote here because the choices are based on false premises.

1) The Tremor was never a proper sport truck so why would I want it back? Even sport truck enthusiasts bashed it.

2) It may have had a low take rate, but I did not see any numbers on it and did they build that many? Maybe they sold all they wanted to sell.

3) The Tremor was not a go fast truck. It was just a short wheel based sport truck with an EcoBoost engine.

If you wanted to know if people wanted the Tremor back, just give a yes or no poll without making the answers questionable.

The Tremor was not anything like the performance or a followup to the Lightning. The Tremor was just a RC FX2. Not that there is anything wrong with that beause the FX2 is a great truck. At the end of the day the Tremor was the sticker on the side of the truck that said Tremor. But the SVT Lightning was a purpose-built high-performance sport truck with a specially tuned suspension and unique powertrain.

Edit: I voted against it because I don't believe we need more sticker packages and the Tremor is not a proper sport truck. If you had asked if we wanted a true Lightning followup, then I would have said yes.
And this.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 09-03-2014 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tied it up 6 vs 6

Would I ever buy the thing? Hell no I think the lightning was silly and I would never ever own one as I need a truck. If I wanted a go fast truck I would just get a car haha

But, if I was Ford would I come out with one? Sure would! The demand is out there and it would just be a smart business decision to make one. I like to look at them but not own one.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Pockets
I tied it up 6 vs 6

Would I ever buy the thing? Hell no I think the lightning was silly and I would never ever own one as I need a truck. If I wanted a go fast truck I would just get a car haha

But, if I was Ford would I come out with one? Sure would! The demand is out there and it would just be a smart business decision to make one. I like to look at them but not own one.
x2, I love the way they look, and if the competition produce sport trucks I would want Ford to produce one and be the better one. But, wouldn't ever buy one. American power of speed and handling belongs to...

and,

Old 09-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Agree with above, hand the Tremor to SVT or just bring back the Lightning (w/ Supercharged 5.8L ).

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Should there be a 2015 F150 Tremor?