2015 - 2020 F-150

Question of the Week: Would you want a manual transmission in your 2015 F150?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFLD FLARED 281
lol she's also my insult target. if she had ears, she'd hate me....just don't like the '04 that much, but she was a great deal and a clean well looked after reliable truck. '99s the first truck I ever drove and I'm after putting a lot of work into restoring her....so there's a lot of sentiment in there. plus she's just....my kinda truck lol
I'm mad I just not saw this cause I've been wanting to ask you that for forever, but I can understand that. My truck is the first one I've modified, referred to as "my baby", paid for, etc. so it's got a lot of sentimental value as well.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I'm mad I just not saw this cause I've been wanting to ask you that for forever, but I can understand that. My truck is the first one I've modified, referred to as "my baby", paid for, etc. so it's got a lot of sentimental value as well.
haha!!

mine's literally the first truck I ever drove too, plus first project truck. plus, she's just plain a better truck in every way....haha

Old 11-04-2014, 03:52 PM
manual Transmission

I currently drive a 1986 Ford F-150 with a 4-speed transmission and am waiting for Ford to put a manual back in before I buy a new truck. Matched with the 5.0 it is perfect to hauling and towing without the problems you have with heat on automatics in the south Texas temperatures.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dogboy1
I currently drive a 1986 Ford F-150 with a 4-speed transmission and am waiting for Ford to put a manual back in before I buy a new truck. Matched with the 5.0 it is perfect to hauling and towing without the problems you have with heat on automatics in the south Texas temperatures.
Sucks that you will never buy a new Ford truck again if you are going to wait for a manny tranny.

Auto trannies of today are nothing like the auto trannies of 30 years ago.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:12 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Originally Posted by Dogboy1
Better go buy a Ram 2500 with a Cummins before they pull the manual out of that one too. Either that or you will be buying a used truck or a less than 1/2 ton truck.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
Sucks that you will never buy a new Ford truck again if you are going to wait for a manny tranny.

Auto trannies of today are nothing like the auto trannies of 30 years ago.
That's a fact, the 6R80 is a fantastic transmission.

-Steve

Old 11-18-2014, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor
I used to be a "manual transmission in a sports car" or "off-road vehicle" purist. As I've gotten older (), I have learned the Mustang and Vette are faster with auto (...so are most of Europe's offerings as well -with dual clutch auto manual goodness) and a Wrangler Rubicon with an auto is more enjoyable then bumpin' gears while crawling rocks, just point and shoot, you're over the obstacle

Having a manual in a truck these days is a waste of assembly line time... I guess if a company wanted to order a fleet with a manual trans it would be worth Ford's time, but it won't benefit the average driver as far as fuel savings... maybe long term maintenance cost wise, but that's about it.

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Would you want a manual transmission in your 2015 F150?