2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 Order Guide is out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 03:54 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by azmidget91
Now I need a new excuse....No black headlights, and there is no way I would tear one of those apart to paint it.
Here's another excuse, midget....

The truck you have now is *****!

Old 07-31-2014, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
Seen it over at BON

Hmmm
- No more 3.73s with max tow. Only with HD payload pkg.
- 9.75 rear end with HD payload. So what do you get w/o that pkg? Something smaller/weaker?
- No 20's with FX4 option unless I would get Lariat sport pkg.
- If I get Lariat sport pkg, no HD payload option. Only 3.55s and payload TBD.
- So the monochromatic Lariats have the sport pkg, yet they get a chrome exhaust tip? Easy to fix I guess. Yet odd with no other chrome.
9.75 has always been on the HD payload so I don't think that tells anything. What does the current 3.55 get? That will answer your question if it gets something smaller or weaker.

I fail to understand why the HD payload pkg gets the "heavy duty parts" and the max tow pkg does not? Does Ford think most trailers have no pin weight?
What parts are heavier duty? All trucks are 6 lug now unless the 6 lug HD wheels are somehow heavier duty.

I think as time goes on they will add in more 3.73s options specially when the 10 speed comes out. I hope we don't have to wait to 2018 for that one because a lot of people are asking for the 10 speed.

I would expect the '15 Build & Price tool to be running soon. Typically not long after the order guide is out.
Hopefully.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by bluegreensf150
9.75 has always been on the HD payload so I don't think that tells anything. What does the current 3.55 get? That will answer your question if it gets something smaller or weaker.

Current HD has a 10.5" rear. New 2.7tt payload and heavies have 9.75.

What parts are heavier duty? All trucks are 6 lug now unless the 6 lug HD wheels are somehow heavier duty.

I think as time goes on they will add in more 3.73s options specially when the 10 speed comes out. I hope we don't have to wait to 2018 for that one because a lot of people are asking for the 10 speed.

Hopefully.

10 speeds will do very little to highway mpg compared to shaving weight. I would say heavier springs, LT tires, tougher rims, and possibly a thicker frame like they did with the 157"+ WB before.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Nihilus
Current HD has a 10.5" rear. New 2.7tt payload and heavies have 9.75.
Gearset: Current HD has a 9.75 gear set. They moved to a 9.75 in 2009. The 10+ gearset was from 04-08.

2014: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-2l...dm8/edit?pli=1

Originally Posted by Nihilus
10 speeds will do very little to highway mpg compared to shaving weight. I would say heavier springs, LT tires, tougher rims, and possibly a thicker frame like they did with the 157"+ WB before. .
Frame: You are right about the frame being thicker on the 2014 157 or 163" 4x4, but this is not part of the HD package. It's standard on the truck. Power Kid will have choice to go to a 6.5' bed if he wants heavier duty parts/frame, but there is no evidence yet that the 2015 has thicker frames on certain models.

Tires: (these are the same tires)
Lariat FX4 package: LT275/65R18C OWL A/T (T8C)
HD Payload package: LT275/65R18C OWL all-terrain tires (A/T) (T8C) (XLT and Lariat)
(from the 2015 order guide)

Springs:
Max Tow: upgraded auxillary transmisison oil cooler (nothing on a spring upgrade)
HD Payload: Upgraded springs and auxiliary transmission oil cooler

Rims: both 6 lug, but could be tougher on the HD like you said. I'd say no evidence of this yet (either way), but the fact that they use a different 18" wheel is probably the best evidence unless there is some other reason like just looks or cost.

Then 3.73 vs 3.55. What is the gearset on a 3.55?

Power Kid, Would you go with the 6.5' bed for a heavier duty frame?

Last edited by bluegreensf150; 07-31-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:26 PM
Need some real-world pics of the new colors like Guard and Bronze Fire. Almost everything out there right now is showroom or indoor. Can't make a judgment on them based on that yet. They both look nice from what I've seen thus far though...

Anyone notice the KR has 2 versions that get the tailgate applique? Looks a little different from the Plat one, hard to see much detail in the little picks released so far. Nice to see the useless moonroof is finally optional on the Plat, unlike in '09 when I got stuck with one. It'll be cool when you can finally go see one in person. Since I won't buy until March or April at the earliest if I decide to do so, it'll give me plenty of time to see the new colors in person and feel things out in person, like how the body sounds when you touch it or open/close the doors, tailgate, etc... and the interior like the soft touch materials finally used inside, check out the real wood, interior storage cubby's for things like jumper cables, etc... Does the remote start work from your phone from anywhere, or is it just the normal remote start? And does it start the heated seats/steering wheel too? So many little questions come 'n go.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Pockets
Hopefully a retro can be done with the halogens
I'm sure, like these: http://www.ledandsafety.com/HL2200-L...ens-HL2200.htm

Old 08-01-2014, 02:57 PM
I fail to understand why the HD payload pkg gets the "heavy duty parts" and the max tow pkg does not? Does Ford think most trailers have no pin weight?
What they think is most people who want the heavy duty parts don't want the luxury packages.

For 2015 Lariat, HD payload is only on base Lariat.

On XLT, HD payload pkg is only mid XLT. Still no luxury pkg.

They did add a 8' bed option on Lariat which is nice for me, but cannot get the luxury pkg with LEDs.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Need some real-world pics of the new colors like Guard and Bronze Fire. Almost everything out there right now is showroom or indoor. Can't make a judgment on them based on that yet. They both look nice from what I've seen thus far though...

Anyone notice the KR has 2 versions that get the tailgate applique? Looks a little different from the Plat one, hard to see much detail in the little picks released so far. Nice to see the useless moonroof is finally optional on the Plat, unlike in '09 when I got stuck with one. It'll be cool when you can finally go see one in person. Since I won't buy until March or April at the earliest if I decide to do so, it'll give me plenty of time to see the new colors in person and feel things out in person, like how the body sounds when you touch it or open/close the doors, tailgate, etc... and the interior like the soft touch materials finally used inside, check out the real wood, interior storage cubby's for things like jumper cables, etc... Does the remote start work from your phone from anywhere, or is it just the normal remote start? And does it start the heated seats/steering wheel too? So many little questions come 'n go.
The new truck looks good in that pic with bare metal and thus might look good in a silver or charcoal color. I noticed the KR tailgate panel had the KR running W logo on it which was different. It may be too much chrome, but may look better in person. Are the 2015 Mustangs at dealers yet? The new Mustangs have some of the new colors that the 2015 F-150 has. I'm going to check my dealer this weekend to see if I see anything.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Quick question for you guys

1) Does the XL model come with remote start (I could not find it anywhere on the sheet except for XLT models and highter)

2) What is "fleet option only"? I notice on page 7 that the XL model says cruise control and engine block heater is only available through fleet option. Does that mean only what the dealership orders in for their own inventory? Can individual customers add this feature on if they custom build their own truck?

Thanks guys!

Old 08-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Xtreme,

Fleet Option Only means that it is an option on Fleet trucks (like government/DOT vehicles, company vehicles , etc). Cruise and remote start, for example, are found on higher end trucks but often not wanted by Joe Blow consumers often enough to add it to those models as standard options. Engine block heaters aren't necessary here in the Southern states as well as many other places, so that is why it's not a standard feature.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by xtreme_canadian
Quick question for you guys
This is the US order guide and is only for the 50 United States. Check with your local dealer for the Canadian order guide.

In the US:

Cruise Control is available on XL with the 101a package.

Engine Block Heater is Standard and only available in 7 states, but available for Fleet ordering in any state.

Remote start..... Inluded in XLT luxury package, optional in XLT mid package.

Check with your local dealer in Canada for any differences or wait for the build and price to go online.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by DSGSTX81
Xtreme,

Fleet Option Only means that it is an option on Fleet trucks (like government/DOT vehicles, company vehicles , etc). Cruise and remote start, for example, are found on higher end trucks but often not wanted by Joe Blow consumers often enough to add it to those models as standard options. Engine block heaters aren't necessary here in the Southern states as well as many other places, so that is why it's not a standard feature.
Thank you!

Old 08-03-2014, 10:53 PM
I cant wait to see the this truck in person to see the lights lit up and everything, I'm selling my truck as I type, lol.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Build and Price for Canada is to launch likely in late November...

http://tinyurl.com/ljf5pwl

Quick Reply: 2015 Order Guide is out!