2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 F-150 Order & Start-up Dates!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was some pretty weak news the announced.... meh..

Old 06-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Did anyone really want to know MPG numbers, or why Ford still can't figure out how to get Upfitter Switches in their F150? No way. Not when you see something as revolutionary as the F150 Energi Power Wheels! At only an estimated 700 charges between home & work, color me intrigued!

Old 07-16-2014, 06:05 AM

I found the 2015 Fleet Preview Guide. It is just highlights for the 2015 F-150 and doesn't go into detail like the other vehicles in the guide. Mike Levine tweeted two weeks ago that the order banks don't open on the 16th. Here's to hoping he is mistaken and the order banks open today with the Order Guide.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/...ewGuide_lr.pdf

Check Out the All-New 2015 F-150
More durable, capable and efficient than ever.
F-150 is better in every way that matters.
From its fully boxed, high-strength-steel frame to the high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloys in its body and bed, this F-150 takes tough to a whole new level. Weighing in as much as 700 lbs. less than its predecessor helps make it a whole lot smarter and more efficient too.
It accelerates faster and stops sooner. It tows more and hauls more. And does it more efficiently.

Equipped with purpose-built technologies and safety innovations, the 2015 F-150 is the ultra-capable pickup of the future. Built Ford Tough®
and torture-tested over 10 million cumulative miles to help you and your team work smarter, more productively, and with more confidence
than ever. This is the future of tough.

The 2015 F-150 features numerous new and refined technologies, including:

Choice of twin-turbo, torque-laden 2.7L or 3.5L EcoBoost ® V6 engines
(in addition to standard Ti-VCT V6 and available V8 powerplants)

Auto Start-Stop System – standard on the 2.7L EcoBoost V6 – that actively helps manage fuel consumption

Intelligent Access with push-button start

BoxLink

interchangeable cargo management with stowable cargo ramps
and lockable die-cast aluminum tie-down cleats

Remote-release tailgate

Next-generation fully integrated tailgate step

LED headlamps, forward-facing LED spotlights
on sideview mirrors, and LED cargo box interior lighting

360° view camera
with split-view display

Driver-assist technologies, including Dynamic Hitch Assist,
plus Driver Alert System
and Lane-Keeping System

MyView display customization on the 8” productivity screen

High-power 110V outlets
that provide up to 400W for chargers and corded tools

Heated steering wheel

1 available feature.
2 Lane-Keeping System does not control steering.
driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgement.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there any numbers out yet like

MPG
MSRP
Power of the engines
etc.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Pockets
Is there any numbers out yet like

MPG
MSRP
Power of the engines
etc.
No numbers like that I'm aware of. So far no order guides were posted online.

But the Kansas City Assembly Plant was just assgined an order date for 7/28/14. This is new info.

http://www.arifleet.com/publications...tart-up_dates/

Old 07-17-2014, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Did anyone really want to know MPG numbers, or why Ford still can't figure out how to get Upfitter Switches in their F150?
You gonna trade in your Fusion, Comet?

I've been searching for MPG numbers and the order guide. I can't find anything.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo
But the Kansas City Assembly Plant was just assgined an order date for 7/28/14. This is new info.

http://www.arifleet.com/publications...tart-up_dates/
Here is more confirmation of the new order date.

2014 Model Year Final Order Date 9/12/2

2015 Model Year Order Bank Open 7/28/20

Job #1/Start-Up Date TBD

http://www.bblfleet.com/fleetdocs/ford_buildout.pdf

No separate date for each plant. It just says 7/28/2014. See you guys on Monday the 28th!

Last edited by bluegreensf150; 07-17-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by bluegreensf150
You gonna trade in your Fusion, Comet?

I've been searching for MPG numbers and the order guide. I can't find anything.

Surfing the web - YouTube
I've been seriously considering it. 3.5 years ago I bought a home, traded my 09 Platinum for the Fusion Hybrid, and went crazy on prepaying the principal. Having no auto payment and getting 44.7 avg MPG sure helped! Now I have my home exactly 50% paid-off. That's 3.5 years of driving a car & living super-frugal. I'm thinking now that I'm halfway, maybe I put the prepay on hold for awhile and treat myself. Unlike the 09, this one is truly all-new, and they did a fantastic job of it to boot. They may have forgotten the Upfitter Switches yet again, but they finally discovered LED's, heated steering wheel, soft-touch materials, push-button start, BLIS like my Fusion has had for years, 360 camera, front camera, storage under seats, bed lighting, collision warning, lane keep warning, customizable display like my Fusion, new 2.7 to go along with new aluminum lightweight for people like me who want MPG, start-stop in 2.7 kinda like my hybrid does all the time, and the headlights - gorgeous, tailgate - gorgeous, LED heads - hell yeah, spotlights, 2" lower window cutout, 1" lower bed height, side step on 5.5' bed, everything just adds up to one hell of a truck and wraps around to make that Plat a thing of beauty. The only downside is - what color do I get?!?! White Platinum? Burgundy? Even the green looks nice this time around.

And another thing that is working out well for me is the delay of the launch a bit until later in the year. One thing that always frustrated me, was every time I would buy the next all-new model, you'd be one of the first but you'd get your truck in like Sept or Oct, right before the crappy weather. It always sucks to have it hit by the weather so soon, sucks to not really be able to enjoy it brand new in the winter weather, and I work retail so I start working 6 and 7 days a week from Nov until mid-January. I'm thinking if I do get one, I'll have months to save, and then order mine in like Feb or Mar so I get it when the weather is turning nice and I'm not working 70 hours a week so I have time to enjoy it fully. And with the later launch I'll hardly see any of them on the road before then so I'll still be one of the first to have one around me. That's the plan if I don't convince myself before then to keep cranking towards 100% debt-free, mortgage-be-gone instead. Choices, choices...

(and not to put down Chevy, but their new truck has been out for almost a year now, and I think MAYBE I've seen 3 on the road..., sorry Chevy, but you guys did a **** job with that one.)

Old 07-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
I've been seriously considering it. 3.5 years ago I bought a home, traded my 09 Platinum for the Fusion Hybrid, and went crazy on prepaying the principal. Having no auto payment and getting 44.7 avg MPG sure helped! Now I have my home exactly 50% paid-off. That's 3.5 years of driving a car & living super-frugal. I'm thinking now that I'm halfway, maybe I put the prepay on hold for awhile and treat myself. Unlike the 09, this one is truly all-new, and they did a fantastic job of it to boot. They may have forgotten the Upfitter Switches yet again, but they finally discovered LED's, heated steering wheel, soft-touch materials, push-button start, BLIS like my Fusion has had for years, 360 camera, front camera, storage under seats, bed lighting, collision warning, lane keep warning, customizable display like my Fusion, new 2.7 to go along with new aluminum lightweight for people like me who want MPG, start-stop in 2.7 kinda like my hybrid does all the time, and the headlights - gorgeous, tailgate - gorgeous, LED heads - hell yeah, spotlights, 2" lower window cutout, 1" lower bed height, side step on 5.5' bed, everything just adds up to one hell of a truck and wraps around to make that Plat a thing of beauty. The only downside is - what color do I get?!?! White Platinum? Burgundy? Even the green looks nice this time around.

And another thing that is working out well for me is the delay of the launch a bit until later in the year. One thing that always frustrated me, was every time I would buy the next all-new model, you'd be one of the first but you'd get your truck in like Sept or Oct, right before the crappy weather. It always sucks to have it hit by the weather so soon, sucks to not really be able to enjoy it brand new in the winter weather, and I work retail so I start working 6 and 7 days a week from Nov until mid-January. I'm thinking if I do get one, I'll have months to save, and then order mine in like Feb or Mar so I get it when the weather is turning nice and I'm not working 70 hours a week so I have time to enjoy it fully. And with the later launch I'll hardly see any of them on the road before then so I'll still be one of the first to have one around me. That's the plan if I don't convince myself before then to keep cranking towards 100% debt-free, mortgage-be-gone instead. Choices, choices...

(and not to put down Chevy, but their new truck has been out for almost a year now, and I think MAYBE I've seen 3 on the road..., sorry Chevy, but you guys did a **** job with that one.)
Comet Flash, Where you at? The order guide is online.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...guide-out.html

Now about that mortgage....
http://www.daveramsey.com/blog/pay-o...ave-retirement

Pay off the mortgage or invest and save for retirement? I'm all for paying off the mortgage but you will make and save more money by investing than just giving all of your extra money to the bankers free of charge which is what you're doing by paying off the mortgage. I prefer a big mortage at a lower interest rate, and big investments/save for retirement/making money, etc.

Quick Reply: 2015 F-150 Order & Start-up Dates!!!