2015 - 2020 F-150

Changes for 2015 all in one place.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Yeah - but I don't know you, youngin'....

Most old farts are challenged enough by the not-so-simple task of driving, without the distraction from the center-stack Bitchin' Betty.

It's always Bling over Usability, or even Simplicity. The designers are mostly 20-somethings or Millennials, so it's not unexpected.

"Make Me Amazing" is the new design philosophy - which is retarded - what does that even Mean???

MGD
At 50 it's been a while since I've been called youngun. Not interested in bling over usability, but I do like electronics.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:22 PM
What are the differences in the "ATLAS" concept and the production truck!? Doesn't appear to be that different....Grille & Mirrors, bigger tires and different wheels. Other than that what would it take to make an ATLAS truck out of this new design?

Im tellin you...I LOVE this new design. Finaly Ford releases a production that is just as nice as the concept!

Old 01-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Suspended
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The grill, hope there are some options.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see a lot of people don't like this, don't like that. Personally, I think the new truck is awesome. Of course, there's the fact that I'd be scared if I had a wreck and the body shop techs look at the truck with an "Uhhhh…" look on their faces. All in all, Ford has done it, yet again, in the truck market. If you like it, it's awesome. If you don't, Ford's got you talking anyway. BTW - Shouldn't the top trim level be called "Aluminum" instead of "Platinum"? Heh. - Og

Last edited by Bluejay; 01-25-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:27 AM
?Any 'real' oil pressure gauge?

Since before 2001, the F150 has not had a 'real' oil pressure gauge. Needle never moved, engine hot or cold, engine fast or slow, never displayed any actual 'psi'. This has been operated by a standard two-position oil pressure 'switch', indicating either 'yes' or 'no'.

Will the new 2015 have a 'real' pressure gauge, displaying actual, varying "psi"?? Will it be operated by a true 'analog' pressure sensor, indicating actual "psi"??

I doubt it. I think they'll probably just stay with the cheap switch.

This (lack of a true oil pressure gauge) has always detracted from an otherwise usefull truck.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:30 AM
??Will there be a driver's side grab handle??

Recently lost from the F150 line has been the very useful 'driver's side grab handle.

??Will this be included on the new 2015 F150??

I hould prefer to put load on the (featureless) grab handle, versus putting load on the full-featured steering wheel.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ljh1800
Since before 2001, the F150 has not had a 'real' oil pressure gauge. Needle never moved, engine hot or cold, engine fast or slow, never displayed any actual 'psi'. This has been operated by a standard two-position oil pressure 'switch', indicating either 'yes' or 'no'.

Will the new 2015 have a 'real' pressure gauge, displaying actual, varying "psi"?? Will it be operated by a true 'analog' pressure sensor, indicating actual "psi"??

I doubt it. I think they'll probably just stay with the cheap switch.

This (lack of a true oil pressure gauge) has always detracted from an otherwise usefull truck.
Really? You really need a true oil pressure gauge? Not with today's engines...it's just an extra expense that isn't necessary.

Originally Posted by ljh1800
Recently lost from the F150 line has been the very useful 'driver's side grab handle.

??Will this be included on the new 2015 F150??

I hould prefer to put load on the (featureless) grab handle, versus putting load on the full-featured steering wheel.
Yep, the driver's side grab handle will be coming back.

Quick Reply: Changes for 2015 all in one place.....