2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 Ford F-150 LEAKED!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08FX4SC
Maybe it will grow on me, but I think I'm going to get a 2014. It looks like a Tundra and RAM mated and produced the 2015 F150 for their offspring.

My initial opinion as well. Cab back looks very Ram like and the grille very Tundra like. I can't believe they did away with the side nostril's in the grille. That is what gives it the Toyota similarity (lack of the nostril's).

They needed to incorporate the Atlas type grille like above IMO.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Big Slick

I haven't seen any "official" pics of this grille? That grille is nice, the other grilles without the nostril's, not so much. Remind me of the 2009 ish Tundra a bit. Also read the EcoBoost trucks will have standard active grille shutters. Maybe that is why the lack of the nostril in those trucks, due to the shutters? Sounds logical....

Last edited by 02RegularCab4x4; 01-13-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:02 PM
I have to admit that the first thing came to mind when I saw it this morning, was that it looks like a Tundra. Then I thought why in the He!! did Ford copy the Tundra when the Tundra is the worst selling full size truck of all the major mfgs.
I am ok with the profile, and tailgate. I just hate that Tundra nose. I hate the split bumper look too. Chevy caught he!! from it's customers over multi piece split front bumpers back in 07-11', then they finally made it look like a solid front bumper in 12-13, till the all new 14 rolled out and they actually went back to a solid 1 pc chrome bumper. Ford what he!!. They basically copied the worst aspects of the past decade of Toyota and GM to come up with this new nose.

I take it they ran out truck to make the grill any larger so they had to try and incorporate part of the bumper to give an effect of the grill being even larger then before.

If they had looked at the popularity of the STX, FX4,LTD and other models that used a painted grill surround, and had taken in account that those painted surrounds actually toned down the over sized grill appearance on the current models, and maybe thought about that aspect a minute, to realize that maybe not everyone likes the crazy big grills. I think this truck would have turned out looking a lot better.

I loved the 92s, then later the 97s took a while to really like them but didn't hate them day one. I have never really hated the look of an F150 until this one. I have owned a lot of them over the years. I don't think I will be owning one of these till they figure out something different with that tundra nose. The Tundra nose I think so many are referring inc. myself are the 08-13 models. Toyota fixed some that problem when they released the all new 2014s. Oddly enough Toyota copied a lot of the F150 interior design, which I really like and now, I think I would most likely buy a 14' Tundra over an 15 F150. Hated that nose on the 08-13 Tundra and never bought one.

Last edited by cc1999; 01-13-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:07 PM
There are some that have the grille with side vents.

Still none of them have a Tundra grille. It is a totally different shape.

Last edited by Rambo; 01-13-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Its that jumbo arch effect surrounding the grill, that makes me think Tundra when I look at it.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
I don't think it looks anything like a Tundra! It looks good better than the current Gen however I will be holding on to my 2008 for a long time as I still think its the best looking Gen F-150 to date!
I feel the same way but I do like what I've seen so far from the 2015 except that the 6.2 is no longer offered that we know of as of now.

Originally Posted by 02RegularCab4x4

My initial opinion as well. Cab back looks very Ram like and the grille very Tundra like. I can't believe they did away with the side nostril's in the grille. That is what gives it the Toyota similarity (lack of the nostril's).

They needed to incorporate the Atlas type grille like above IMO.

The side vents don't look that great to me

Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM
This is going to be mine...

I like this grille.

This truck is exactly what I want, but with the 6.5 foot bed and all the electronic features I can get, with black leather, etc...

I cut it from one of the videos. Not sure why you guys don't like this grille.

[IMG]https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...-f150-rear.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...-ford-f150.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-13-2014, 09:22 PM
is anyone even excited about these new engines? I dont own an ecoboost nor do I know anyone with one but are they even powerful? are these going to have any real power or is it just ford hype?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm with a bunch of you guys the front looks like tundra. I been looking at all the pictures online I do like that ford brought back the two tone paint. I think the truck will look better with a leveling kit and bigger tires like the atlas concept stance. The motors aren't anything new besides the 2.7 v6. Pretty impressive numbers from that motor big question how reliable will it be. I hope they don't ditch the 5.0 next sucks the 6.2 is no longer available. Maybe no raptor for 2015 body style? I just hope ford doesn't have problems with the aluminum body or it could be the end of the number one selling truck. I do like the fx4 just not a fan of the black running down the middle of the bumper wish it was all painted same color as the truck. Why a two piece bumper why not one piece painted truck color look better.

Last edited by 05FordGuyFX4; 01-13-2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:34 PM
3.5L is very powerful. Less 700lbs even more so. in 2016 with 10 gears EVEN more so.

2.7L will do battle with the Ram Eco Diesel as the mileage champ. Especially with more gears.

I do wish the 5.0L received the updates the 5.0L mustang did. But then it may cannibalize the 3.5L EB sales.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Power Kid
I do wish the 5.0L received the updates the 5.0L mustang did.
Do we know it didn't?

Honestly though, I don't think we'll see much in changes for the 5.0 now. When the 10 speed comes out, I think we will see some tweaks to the 5.0 for a bit more power and fuel economy. A couple MPG this year with weight savings and another 1 or 2 next year with engine/tranny improvements.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by kmonto
I like this grille.
...... Not sure why you guys don't like this grille.

[IMG]https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...-ford-f150.jpg[/IMG]
I believe that's the XLT Chrome package grille...

Old 01-14-2014, 04:45 AM
Originally Posted by fnnrNArnner74
is anyone even excited about these new engines? I dont own an ecoboost nor do I know anyone with one but are they even powerful? are these going to have any real power or is it just ford hype?
What in the hell are you talking about? Seriously troll somewhere else. They have been around long time now and there are millions of them on the road. Just in case you are not a troll and have just came down from the mountains, the ecoboost are very powerful. More than most every V8 gas.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Nihilus
What in the hell are you talking about? Seriously troll somewhere else. They have been around long time now and there are millions of them on the road. Just in case you are not a troll and have just came down from the mountains, the ecoboost are very powerful. More than most every V8 gas.
hahah you're kidding right? how is that a troll question to begin with? I own a 01 f1 and a cummins. as far as I'm concerned I have no interest in researching a ecoboost truck because I have no desire to own a regular v8 truck. I asked a simple question because of how many times I heard the word MILEAGE, or FUEL EFFICIENCY. you know what that sounds like to me? ford trying to stuff a small fuel sipping motor into a big fat truck. hence the weight savings. underpowered vehicles suck, no one can argue with that. if thats what you want to drive, then please go at it. buy a lift for it too, throw on some 35s, ask why they rub, dont do any research and start a gear ratio thread while your at it. and finally when your balljoints fail, post pics of that sweet ride asking why. I'll make sure to tell you all about it

Old 01-14-2014, 01:20 PM
On a F-250/2500 class truck, diesels have no completion. If you can afford it go with a diesel. Half tons are a bit different. Dodge recently paved the way with a diesel half ton. The pros are it uses LESS fuel than the 3.6 ecoboost. The cons are it is expensive, (even more than the hemi) and the 3.6 ecoboost is a more powerful than the diesel. Torque is about the same but HP is important too.
With a lighter truck, the 2.7 ecoboost may change all of that. No numers yet, but it should be comparable in power and fuel to the dodge diesel, and cost much less to make/maintain.
Both Dodge diesel and ecoboost look to be winners. Different strokes for different folks.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ford F-150 LEAKED!