2015 - 2020 F-150

PUTC: New F-150 to cause shock waves for a long time to come, debut Jan. 13

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DallasSuperCru
I beg to differ. 04-05 are my favorites. I love the square fog lights.
Yes, the fog lights on my '04, as well as my '97 & '98; were fantastic! But the fog lights on my '09 were completely worthless. And both the headlights and fogs on my '11 Fusion hybrid also suck. It's as if Ford's lighting got worse as the years went by. I never understood how I could have a full LED lightbar on my '04, and yet it has taken Ford until 2015 to figure out how to put LED lighting in their F-150 (sorry, the three baby LED clearance lights in the grille of the Raptor don't count in my book). It's exciting that Ford finally seems to have listened to some of the "cool extras" (like LED lighting) that fans of their trucks have wanted for 11 years now. Sure, I've seen the posts of "LED headlights, why who cares?"; but I think it's pretty damn awesome myself. I'll cry a little bit inside every time one drives by me with those daylight whites, while I limp along at 44.7mpg with my crappy headlights that don't even feel like they're even on. And who knows, maybe the fogs will be decent again in '15. Whoever gets to drive one first should start taking notes right now as to the big Q's people have. I'd like to see more shots of the new rear window up close, inside too. And more shots of the dash, every inch top to bottom since Ford still hasn't figured out how to add the upfitter switches as an option after all these many years. And... no nasty paint job to make fun of with this first year model? Mustard yellow from '09? Turquoise blue from '97?

PS That tundra stepside always made me throw up when I saw one. That bit of ugly history needs to go quietly into the night, never to be seen again.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by 01 gt f150
This truck single handedly took the gayest truck ever made award!
Agreed!

A Tundra and a PT Cruiser got together after drinks one night...this came along.

Punishment. Just...who would buy this hideous machine?

Old 04-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Simply67X
Agreed!

A Tundra and a PT Cruiser got together after drinks one night...this came along.

Punishment. Just...who would buy this hideous machine?
I think it will sell well enough to stay at MSRP for a while, then dealers would be forced to discount the price. The general truck buying public will see the "fantastic mileage" claims by Ford and that would make their decision a lot easier. Looks are OK enough to keep it the best selling truck in the nation.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by DallasSuperCru
I think it will sell well enough to stay at MSRP for a while, then dealers would be forced to discount the price. The general truck buying public will see the "fantastic mileage" claims by Ford and that would make their decision a lot easier. Looks are OK enough to keep it the best selling truck in the nation.
Actually...I was referencing the new Tundra here...

Old 04-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 08FX4SC
Agree. Best looking F-150 trucks were: 79' and 06'-08'. Honorable mention to 95'-96'.
Why those specific years?

78-79 were identical except some of the lower trim 78's had round sealed beam lights and higher trim levels had square, all 79's had square, 73-79 were pretty much all the same except for a couple grille tweaks here and there

92-96 were identical. ONLY external difference was 92 didnt have a 3rd brake light, 93-96 did

04-08 were 100% identical except for the front bumper valence which was different on 04-05 than 06-08, and the 04-05 had square fog lights and 06-08 had round, whoopty doo

Quick Reply: PUTC: New F-150 to cause shock waves for a long time to come, debut Jan. 13