2015 - 2020 F-150

auto start stop not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
auto start stop not working

So as stated my auto start stop had quit working for a few months. It always said "engine on vehicle charging" I took it into the stealership for testing. So after 2 hrs they came back and said the battery has a low charge(who woulda seen that coming) and that they needed to put the battery on a charger (another 60 to 90 min). Okay do it I says. Now it has been over four hours total and they come out and say that the battery was fully charged and tested bad(really four hours and I said in the first four seconds of talking to y'all "I think my battery is bad") Naturally they didn't have one in stock and I would have to come back the next day.
I come back the next day for a battery replacement (10 to 15 mins right) TWO and a half hours later the dude comes over to me and says it still isn't working right . He goes on about some sensor that they had to order and fed ex and I will have to make another appointment to have that replaced . As the mechanic drives my truck to me he is just sitting in the truck. I am lookin at him he is lookin at me (um it was akward) he waves me over and shows me the auto start stop is working now . The battery has to be at 90 percent charge to work he says . so all in all it took two days and over 6 hours to get me a new battery. Don't ever think a trip to the dealer is gonna be quick.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my 2015 in December of 2015. It was built in February and sat on the lot almost a full year. When I went to test drive it the battery was dead dead. They had no idea how long it had been dead. Anyway I know Ford's warranty is pretty good and I've not had any problems with this dealership, so I buy it but ask for a new battery. They say no problem. It was a problem. I drove it off the lot and the auto stop doesn't work. I take it back and explain the issue. The service department couldn't understand that the engine wasn't shutting off when I stopped at a light and the message is the battery is charging. After explaining it for what seemed to be a couple hours, they say, "Oh drive it for a bit it should start working." Fine, so I take it and drive it for about 3 hours. It didn't start working so I take it back and explain the issue again. They keep it, test it and tell me the battery wasn't charging. Funny, I thought it had been replaced. They say it's fixed and give it back. Fast forward six months and it is taking longer and longer for the battery to get a full enough charge for the auto stop to work. It was taking almost an hour, when I decided to take it to another dealership since I was not near my home. I was told the battery was bad. Wow three batteries in less than a year. I think the dealership decided to just charge it and hope for the best. It didn't work.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:01 PM
@ 1Depd thats a bummer man my dealership was seriously overthinking the problem and yours didn't giva a sh*t. lol well at least its working now right . I have a question ,Are ya thinking of turning the damn thing off? Good luck to ya safe travels.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kind of like it. Besides I have figured out the brake pressure needed to turn it off, so if I want the engine to stay on I simply apply less pressure, or turn up the A/C.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:15 PM
right there are ways around it . I find myself still unfamiliar with mine cause it has been so long since it has worked properly