2015 - 2020 F-150

Sliding bed floor patent for the F-150

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 08:07 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sliding bed floor patent for the F-150

I'd obviously be concerned about durability, but I think this looks awesome. The post on the HP thinks we'll see it on the hybrid, because it'll use the battery to power it.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:11 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I might look into something like this if I hauled a lot of cargo? But most of the big stuff that has gone into my trucks has had two wheels, and I don't know how helpful it would be in that situation...

Old 03-15-2017, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first thought is it seemed kind of stupid but the more I think about it I can see how it could work really for a lot of people. Problem is I can think of a lot of people it wouldn't for as well.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:11 PM
its a neat idea for sure, but hardly new.

There have been aftermarket offerings for years with slideout trays or platforms.

and (THIS JUST IN) trucks have always had batteries. I'm not sure what is meant by the silly comment "And it makes perfect sense for the upcoming F-150 hybrid, which Ford says is capable of providing auxiliary power from its electric motor." in the article.

I can only presume that the author read that a hybrid will have an inverter to provide 120V power for your tools. But even then, the power doesn't come from the "electric motor", it is being provided by the high voltage battery.

And there is no chance that the tray would be run with a 120V motor. It would most likely be a 12V DC motor. MAYBE it would be a higher voltage.

Perhaps its time for this site to find some moderators with at least a basic understanding of vehicles?

Old 03-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by mkosu04

Perhaps its time for this site to find some moderators with at least a basic understanding of vehicles?
That would be the staff at IB (internet Brands) that owns the website

I myself (moderator) am an ASE Master, and a professional Auto Tech

Old 03-18-2017, 12:31 AM
its a neat idea for sure, but hardly new.
It's new in regards to a Manufacturer offering one from the factory.

What does any of this thread have to do with the mods having a basic understanding of vehicles?

Old 03-24-2017, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Patman
That would be the staff at IB (internet Brands) that owns the website

I myself (moderator) am an ASE Master, and a professional Auto Tech

Patman - I apologize for inadvertently lumping you in with them. I agree that the active members who are moderators are very knowledgeable and very helpful.

Originally Posted by idrive
It's new in regards to a Manufacturer offering one from the factory.

What does any of this thread have to do with the mods having a basic understanding of vehicles?
in both this thread, and in the article if you click on the link that this thread was meant to drive you to, they say several silly things that are seriously lacking any technical knowledge.

this should be clear if you read my first post...

Old 03-24-2017, 03:55 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Perhaps its time for Internet Brands to find some writers with at least a basic understanding of vehicles?
^^^

Fixed it for you.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:48 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Patman - I apologize for inadvertently lumping you in with them. I agree that the active members who are moderators are very knowledgeable and very helpful.
No worries

Originally Posted by glc
Perhaps its time for Internet Brands to find some writers with at least a basic understanding of vehicles?
^^^

Fixed it for you.