2015 - 2020 F-150

Door Sill/Kick Plate/Entry Guard PROTECTOR

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Sill/Kick Plate/Entry Guard PROTECTOR

Hello.

One of my biggest pet peeves about a new truck (or any new vehicle) is how the door sill/kick plate/entry guard plastic piece gets all scratched up from boots and shoes dragging across it when people get in and out of the truck. I know it's designed to "step" on but because it is black plastic, it gets all torn up.

Is there any type of door sill/kick plate/entry guard to protect it from getting beat to hell? I'm not talking about the adhesive ones that protect the paint, more for the plastic piece butting the carpet up to the actual door sill.

I'm getting some floor liners (probably Husky), but they don't cover the whole piece, it only covers it partially, at least the pictures look like it does.

Any help would be appreciated.

*I just picked up a 2016 F150 Lariat SCrew FX4 (got a way better deal on a '16 than a '17).

Old 02-09-2017, 02:41 PM
It's actually for me. Didn't realize I had 2 accounts? LOL

Old 02-14-2017, 04:26 PM
WOW...this F150 forum became lame! WTF? Or, is it just the current F150's (2015 and up).

Old 02-14-2017, 06:05 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I suspect there were no responses because what you are asking for doesn't exist, as far as I know. There ARE sill plates and I've put paint protection film over my sills, but I don't know of anything that is made to protect the plastic on the inside of the door above that.

- Jack

Old 02-14-2017, 09:41 PM
Check www.autoanything.com they have a few. I got these: Door sill protectors

$25 and removable. ive only put in the driver's side so far and had to warm up the part to get it to stick good but I think in the long run it'll work. I figure when I sell I can peel them off and the paint under it will look good and that's what matters.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
I suspect there were no responses because what you are asking for doesn't exist, as far as I know. There ARE sill plates and I've put paint protection film over my sills, but I don't know of anything that is made to protect the plastic on the inside of the door above that.

- Jack
Thanks for the input! I did find a couple of items, but I have the Husky X-Act Floor Liners and they protect the plastic scuff guard enough for me. If they get that bad, I'll just replace the plastic scuff guards.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Scott91370
Check www.autoanything.com they have a few. I got these: Door sill protectors

$25 and removable. ive only put in the driver's side so far and had to warm up the part to get it to stick good but I think in the long run it'll work. I figure when I sell I can peel them off and the paint under it will look good and that's what matters.
Thanks for the input. I have the deployable running boards and they keep me from hitting the painted door sill area as I step into the truck. But, the plastic scuff guard can get jacked all to hell. My Husky X-act Liners partially cover the scuff guard. I'll just replace as accordingly, I guess.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Gotcha, didn't realize which piece you were taking about, I read it Asmara the painted area not the plastic plate that is already there.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Scott91370
Gotcha, didn't realize which piece you were taking about, I read it Asmara the painted area not the plastic plate that is already there.
All good. I still appreciate the input!