2015 - 2020 F-150

Climate control wont work with remote started

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Climate control wont work with remote started

Good evening! I installed a Viper 5902 alarm / remote start using DBALL2 on my 2016 F150 XL. Everything work as expected but the climate control won't work. I was advised to take the truck to ford and get the climate control activate by ford to the truck BCM. I did and they advised me that the option was enable. They did not charge me the 125.00 they suppose to charge me for doing that. They also told me that they didn't hear before the activation of the climate control by ford when using a aftermarket remote start. I took my truck to 3 different shops and they check everything and concluded the same, they don't know the reason why is not turning on the climate control. They tried from checking the wiring, voltage, connections, flashing the DBALL2, the last setting option on the advance setting / vehicle/ on the dash board menu and nothing. Last thing I heard was that there is not bypass in the market that will turn the climate control on for F150 2015 and 2016. This is driving me crazy. That's the main reason I had the remote start and alarm viper system installed not to warm up the engine only but the cabin too.

Any suggestions?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ditch the viper system and go back to the dealer and have a ford remote start installed. Even then I'm not sure if the ford system will do what you need. On my 13 it does but things may have changed for the 15+

Old 01-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my 16 i just went to the settings on the dash and you can select climate control to auto or last setting, its under the remote start option i think