2015 - 2020 F-150

frozen power locks?

Old 01-14-2017, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toxz434
Sorry if info is correct thats what the service guy told me.
Sorry, i didn't mean to say that it was incorrect, more curious if there was an updated part than what is in the TSB and if that is why there is such a back order. I have been waiting for parts since the 15th of December and have not heard good things on the fix that is in the TSB and was hoping there was some other fix coming out.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Ryanhvt
Sorry, i didn't mean to say that it was incorrect, more curious if there was an updated part than what is in the TSB and if that is why there is such a back order. I have been waiting for parts since the 15th of December and have not heard good things on the fix that is in the TSB and was hoping there was some other fix coming out.
Ok sorry new to forums. If I'm doing this wrong by quoting I apologize. I was told by the service manager that the new locking mechanisms were steel. He stated that they are new because replacement ones that they were using scince the aluminum body came out were failing. Also said it will probably be 1-2 months before they get any in. As far as part number I didn't get that info just said ok and was told I'd get a call when they were in.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Brad27
Hi guys, just created an account to talk about that subject.... This morning (-9deg.C)i went to the hardware store to buy some lumber. I got stuck in the parking lot with my stuff because my tailgate would not open. Had to return it!! First, when i arrived, i could not get the doors to lock on that POS(my fisrt new car btw). At that time i did not think that the tailgate would do the same thing.

About a week ago i went to work holding the driver's side door all the way because it would not close properly. I said to myself i washed it the night before at 1deg.C and the temps drop to -2deg.C during the night but,,, that's not really cold.... and for a brand new car to do that... This morning though....boy was i pissed off. I used to be a car mechanic so i know american cars are not that great but i need a full size pick-up truck. Not too look good in it, but to work with it! and haul dirt bikes and stuff!!

Even though Ford came with a solution, why did they not corrected the 2016's like mine? It's brand new, 2500km's on it! Can't believe a car can still have it's locks frozen in 2016. Did they even test that? Come on with all the technology available....

Based on my experience, the actuators are not enough powerful. I could hear my 2003 Toyota locks from inside the house....and never had an issue.

Easy to say: get it the stealership but i don't have time, like an other member said in this thread. I'm a busy guy. I need a reliable vehicule.

Others things wrong with it:

Contaminents in the paint. 55 000$ truck guys.
Drivers's side door vibrates when i crank up the volume to only 11-12.
OEM plastic bed liner does'nt fit properly
Had to reinstall some trims properly.
Vibrates when i tow my trailer. Same trailer i towed with my Toyota with no problem. The water bottles shake in the cupholders.
I balanced the tires, but did nothing. And it's not heavy. Around 1000lbs max.
Strange noise coming from under the glove compartment when rolling. Same noise as a speedometer cable, but i know it's electronic now.

Toyota here i come. I will lose money trading it for a Tundra but will have a pretty reliable truck. I don't thrust Ford Tough.

I know a guy whom i worked with at Toyota. He quit because of a supervisor we could not live with and went to a Ford dealer. He said to me don't buy a Ford. You can't believe the amount of work we have in the shop compared to Toyota. If you really want to, an F-150 and Mustang are only the ones i would say ok. Seeing that, when time came to buy a new car, he a bought a, well you know what.

Thanks for reading me, usually i don't participate much in forums, but writing this has been like a therapy. Agree or not that's how i feel right now.

Time to put the trailer on that thing and head back to the store once again. I won't hose it down with hot water, things will be worse tomorrow morning.

Thieves welcome, will be easy for you. Plus i have been robbed once by Ford so...
55 000$ truck!!!!! Yeah!!!!!

Creating an account on a Ford F150 forum just to bad mouth Ford???? That is pure Troll......buy a Toyota and make Japan great again.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:50 PM
Same problem less than 3000 miles on 2016 f150 took it to dealer today and they indicated there is a TSB on locks not working and have ordered the parts. I hope this works really a pain on a 40,000 truck

2-3-17 Just told parts for doors on back order and the tailgate part is available

2-15-17 Tailgate fixed they said at dealership the fixes they have done seem to worked. Parts for the doors still back ordered and no idea how long

2-26-17 23 degrees out and tailgate does not work after fix dealer (Pearson Ford) having me bring it back to check they did it right geeeeeez. Door parts are in and they will do that at same time. Does anyone know of a class action suit being started seems to be grounds here??

3-8-17 Took truck in and they lubed the tailgate and it has worked down to 19 degrees now (wonder how long that will last?) Doors are done and passenger side door does not work at any temp now taking back in 3-14-17

3-14-17 I escalated this to regional service and they indicate there is more to be done on tailgate. Passenger side door unplugged and re plugged and started working we shall see how long that lasts

Last edited by kevin8772; 03-14-2017 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Update
Old 01-30-2017, 05:16 PM
Door locks

Just had this problem on 3 of 4 doors today and no the one that opened wasn't the drivers door! Emailed my dealer and he said Ford is working on a fix but now I just saw that there is a TSB for this! Messaged him back that I want this fixed ASAP! Also seeing alot of posts about defective Master Brake Cylinders and am now concerned about that..and I'm feeling a vibration in the accelerator when I have the truck in 4A..if i put it in 2H it goes away. Anyone else notice this?

Old 02-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Same Problem with my 2015 Super Crew with 15K miles. Dealer told me the parts are back ordered and could be months, and i basically have to live with it until parts come in.. $50,000 truck with doors that wont open when its cold! not a happy camper.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had this happen 3 or 4 times now when the temp has gotten below 20. Dealer looked at it on Friday and said they'd have to replace all the internals. Guesstimated a couple weeks before they had all the parts.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:44 AM
Just a quick update on this door lock/latching issue. I had the rear passenger door not latch on Sunday which made the truck useless since i wasn't going to drive it around with my son holding the door shut. I contacted the dealer and they got emergency parts for the TSB. They applied the TSB yesterday on all doors and this morning at -13 the rear passenger door would once again not latch! So the fix doesn't fix anything. I've opened a ticket with Transport Canada, Ford Canada and complained to the dealer again though they prob can't really do anything about it. Ford needs to come out with a permanent, working fix or redesign for this somehow as the dealer said all 2105-2017 vehicles are having this problem. I'd also encourage everyone to open a complaint with Ford Canada and Transport Canada or NHTSA in the US to put pressure on Ford to fix this properly! After 25mins of warming up the truck the rear door finally latched.

Transport Canada - https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur....aspx?lang=eng
Ford Canada Customer Service - http://www.ford.ca/service/customerS...upport-emailUs
Ford US (select Email -Ford Service Issue) - https://corporate.ford.com/contact-us.html
NHTSA - https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Last edited by fx4fil; 02-16-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: frozen power locks?