2015 - 2020 F-150

New Lariat with possible problem

Old 09-27-2015, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Lariat with possible problem

Hello All,

Just picked up my new Larial last week with 2.7 ecoboost and love it!
However, the last couple days I have been noticing when I let off the gas
to coast or slow down I can feel a slight vibration through the truck....
I can feel it thru the steering wheel the most, but its so slight that a
passenger may not feel it. If I put it up in neutral it goes away.
Any known issues about this or anyone know what this might be?

Thanks,
DJ

Old 09-27-2015, 08:35 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Beautiful Truck! The only problem I see is that the truck isn't mine!! Ha!

Old 09-27-2015, 09:16 PM
Does it vibrate in three pulses ?

Old 09-27-2015, 09:23 PM
No, its a steady vibration. if Im doing 50 and let off the gas to coast, its steady, very slight. If I put it in neutral it goes away and nice and smooth as it should be.

dj

Old 09-28-2015, 06:37 AM
Just bought one last week...xlt, crew cab, 3.5L with max tow package and I believe I am experiencing the same thing. Its most noticeable around 45-60 mph and i can feel it through the whole truck. Like you say, very slight but definitely noticeable. Feels like the vibration in your mouth when you vibrate your tongue while saying Rrrrrrrrico.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it still under warranty?

Old 09-28-2015, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by outdoorzman
Just bought one last week...xlt, crew cab, 3.5L with max tow package and I believe I am experiencing the same thing. Its most noticeable around 45-60 mph and i can feel it through the whole truck. Like you say, very slight but definitely noticeable. Feels like the vibration in your mouth when you vibrate your tongue while saying Rrrrrrrrico.
LOL.... you got it! Guess it's gotta go back to the dealer. Was just wondering if anyone had a direction that they needed to look. Sometimes a slight problem might be harder to get addressed.

DJ

Old 09-28-2015, 10:58 AM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Originally Posted by alsatropine
One week old - I sure hope so!

Old 09-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by djwill
...Just picked up my new Larial last week with 2.7 ecoboost and love it!
However, the last couple days I have been noticing when I let off the gas
to coast or slow down I can feel a slight vibration through the truck...
Just bought one last week...xlt, crew cab, 3.5L with max tow package and I believe I am experiencing the same thing. Its most noticeable around 45-60 mph...
Hi, folks!

Congrats on your new rigs and welcome to the forum! I recommend making an appointment at your dealership so they can check out the vibration. If possible, take your tech on a test drive so you can show them what you're experiencing. Additionally, send over your details in a PM; I'll escalate this to your regional customer service managers. When writing, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership.

Crystal

Old 09-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Thank you Crystal. I will PM you more info tomorrow.

Thanks,
DJ

Old 09-29-2015, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by alsatropine
Ha.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by djwill
Thank you Crystal. I will PM you more info tomorrow.

Thanks,
DJ
Sounds good, DJ! I'll keep my eyes peeled for your message.

Crystal

Old 10-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Well, since my original post I have spent a couple days testing and carefully paying attention to what is happening with this issue. On my individual vehicle the vibration starts at right around 40 mph and stops around 68-70 mph. It is most noticeable at right about 65 mph. Unlike DJ mine happens most when the gas peddle is being pressed, but does occasionally happen when letting of the gas. It certainly feels as if it is in the drivetrain and seems to be most noticeable in sixth gear at low rpm when there is load on the drivetrain. I greatly appreciate your willingness to help crystal, but unfortunately for me the nearest dealer around here that isn't a jack wagon and even remotely cares to fix something right is over an hour away and I don't have the time to drive back and forth to have them say, "I don't feel anything" or "it's all within Ford specs" as I have had this issue before. Because of this I bought my truck 8 hrs away round trip and definitely can't take days to have them look at it. So if it's ok with you Dj, I would appreciate if you could keep us updated on what you find out and then maybe I can go to one of these sub par dealers around here with some facts to get it fixed.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:52 AM
I have had mine 1 week and it has just under 1000 miles on it. I haven't noticed that symptom, but notice a vibration between 77 and 80 mph. I think it is a tire balance issue. I haven't looked into it yet as I have been busy. It is a super crew 6.5 ft bed. 3.5 EB.
I am driving the same roads and speeds as my 2013 and it doesnt do it. Michelins on old truck GY on new truck. I even took my old truck back out and drove it again after getting the new one and it is still smoother at that 77 to 80 range. Not sure what the deal is.
New truck is super quiet. Very car like.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:27 AM
...I greatly appreciate your willingness to help crystal, but unfortunately for me the nearest dealer around here that isn't a jack wagon and even remotely cares to fix something right is over an hour away and I don't have the time to drive back and forth to have them say, "I don't feel anything" or "it's all within Ford specs" as I have had this issue before...
I'm always happy to do whatever I can to help, outdoorzman. Let me know if you decide you'd like to speak with your regional customer service manager about this; PM me the info I listed above, and I'll get this into their hands.

Originally Posted by F 1Fiddy
I have had mine 1 week and it has just under 1000 miles on it. I haven't noticed that symptom, but notice a vibration between 77 and 80 mph. I think it is a tire balance issue. I haven't looked into it yet as I have been busy...
You can always mention the vibration to your dealer, F 1Fiddy. If you don't want to make a special trip, you can bring it up the next time you're there for a maintenance appointment. As with outdoorzman, I can escalate this concern to your regional customer service manager. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll request that they give you a call.

Crystal

Last edited by FordService; 10-05-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Lariat with possible problem