2015 - 2020 F-150

Disappointed in Ford's Order Bundling system

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Disappointed in Ford's Order Bundling system

I pulled the window sticker out for my '12 Lariat and thought I would see how a '15 would stack up, assuming a '16 would be similar as I will likely be upgrading next summer.

To my surprise, Ford decides to bundle things they deem important into packages I don't want or need. To get what I have on my '12 I would be almost $7700 more for a '15.

Either a dealer will help me or I may be forced to look elsewhere. Pity.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats how they do it. you have to order several packages to get all the good options. That makes the truck more profitable for them and harder on us.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:32 PM
And, their new "build and price" calculator pages are a big step backwards. Not at all user friendly and don't even include every one of the (individual) options. It almost looks like they don't want anyone to spec out a truck for ordering any more. Another reason not to get too excited about a replacement truck for me.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It's gotten progressively worse for years. It used to be you could manually spec out damn near anything offered piece by piece

Old 08-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Former Sponsor
The bundling (they claim) is to streamline the assembly process making things easier for them, more efficient... which should help keep costs down ()

Old 08-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperTruckUSA
The bundling (they claim) is to streamline the assembly process making things easier for them, more efficient... which should help keep costs down ()
Speaking as someone who works building a custom product, limiting the combination of options really does simplify the build process. By bundling the options together FoMoCo can greatly decrease the parts required for each truck. Think of the different interior options. Each one adds wires to the main body bundle and the smaller breakout bundles. If every single option was selectable there would be a mind boggling number of possible harnesses. Each harness requires a different routing, wire supports and brackets. If every option was provisioned for a base XL would have twice as many unused plugs as used. Every unused plug is another place for corrosion to enter the harness and cause problems. It is also extra weight that will be carried for the life of the vehicle. Both of these are undesirable.

Secondly, look at the inflation rate we have had for the last few years. The blame for this lies in D.C. not Detroit. The wanton waste on Capital Hill has rapidly devalued the money in your pocket. The purchasing power for the average person has greatly declined in the last 10 years as prices have skyrocketed but wages have remained flat.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by WoodsTruck

Ford decides to bundle things they deem important into packages I don't want or need. To get what I have on my '12 I would be almost $7700 more for a '15.
Let's get ready to bundle!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Disappointed in Ford's Order Bundling system