2015 - 2020 F-150

Looking at Bed Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at Bed Accessories

Looking for bed accessories for my new truck.

Pretty sure I'm going with the Bedrug instead of a liner.

Have narrowed down to 3 covers.

1. BakFlip VP
2. BakFlip Revolver X2
3. Paragon

Anyone have any comments or experiences that would help my make a good decision? Water resistance is huge. Had a solid fiberglass cover on an older truck and didn't like the restriction on bed use but it was completely water proof.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Sponsor
Originally Posted by tstjohn

1. BakFlip VP
2. BakFlip Revolver X2
3. Paragon

Anyone have any comments or experiences that would help my make a good decision? Water resistance is huge. Had a solid fiberglass cover on an older truck and didn't like the restriction on bed use but it was completely water proof.
I'm glad to see a Peragon cover made your short list! You'll find a wide range of opinions on how water resistant each type of cover is. Part of the reason for that is each truck owner's definition of "a lot" is very different. Some see a few drops and are concerned, others have a greater tolerance for a little leakage in the corners and along the edges. Generally speaking, folding / rolling / retractable bed covers will leak a little in these areas - Peragon included. We're careful to make sure our customers are aware of that limitation.

That is the upside to a solid lid, they are waterproof. However, as you've noted, they really limit your ability to use your truck bed for all the reasons you bought a truck! It really comes down to weighing how you use your truck and what will work best for you most of the time. Something I do personally is use large Rubbermaid-style totes in the truck bed to keep my cargo organized, clean and dry. Or a lot of tools are already in plastic cases.

I've had a BedRug in three trucks in a row, so I'm a fan! It's a great product!

Old 07-13-2015, 01:14 AM
I was looking at the Leer Trilogy and ran into a supply chain problem (they could not deliver in time for a trip at the end of the month). So I got instead the generic equivalent, made by the same supplier, called the Rugged Cover.

Pros: No tools, no drilling. It has a fixed-position latch on the front (by the cab) and a user-accessible latch on the back (by the tail) that is super easy to manage. One guy (I'm 5'10 and a dense 200lbs) can easily install/remove w/o any help for those times you need an open bed. I've put it through two different automatic car washes + a pretty good downpour and it survived both w/o a single drop of water in the bed. It doesn't guarantee to be water tight, but it did exceedingly well. It holds tight enough on the tail that the tail won't auto-drop when you push the release on the key FOB, you have to pull on it first. That's a fine trade-off if you ask me. Has LED lights underneath to add to the lights already in the truck bed. Using this in conjunction with LINE-X

Cons: It eats too much space at the front of the bed. I bought one of those factory bed dividers and it's basically useless now unless the cover is off since you cannot access that narrow space (which is super convenient when used w/ the factory bed extender) to keep smaller objects from sliding around.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:24 PM
I had a BAKflip F1 on my '07 FX4 6.5' bed, and absolutely loved it. That is why I got the F1 for my '15 FX4 5.5' bed. You can get drips of water in the bed but barely anything. The only thing I would say is to make sure you put the rubber gasket on the front bed rail back further. The reason being is because the box is not square and you will loose that coverage in the back. Hope that helps.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:46 PM

1. BakFlip VP
2. BakFlip Revolver X2
3. Paragon

Which one did you end up going with? I'm looking at the X2 right now...

Old 03-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's my Bedrug, and how the lights look now that I have my LED strips inside my cap:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...you-think.html

I would recommend you go see a Bedrug in person. Once your knees feel how wonderful it is, loading gear in and out will be a breeze.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Took a while to get around to it. Got a spray in liner free from the dealer because they screwed up the delivery of the truck. Installed the X2 about a week ago. Love the combination.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Also, infinitely helpful to grab one of these load bars. I keep it above the windows in my cap now, to hang stuff. When you gotta take extra clothes, or a suit for business, it's much nicer to hang it in back than in your back seat.

https://www.etrailer.com/Truck-Bed-A...son/08908.html

Old 03-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Bryan316
Here's my Bedrug, and how the lights look now that I have my LED strips inside my cap:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...you-think.html

I would recommend you go see a Bedrug in person. Once your knees feel how wonderful it is, loading gear in and out will be a breeze.
That looks great! I'm definitely considering the Bedrug now as well.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Took a while to get around to it. Got a spray in liner free from the dealer because they screwed up the delivery of the truck. Installed the X2 about a week ago. Love the combination.
Awesome! Now for the 20 Questions....sorry

What's your take on the X2? How's it handle rain? Did you install it yourself? Any issues yet?

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Looking at Bed Accessories