2015 - 2020 F-150

Ordering a 2015 - the price you pay

Old 07-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ordering a 2015 - the price you pay

I have not ordered a vehicle in 20+ years, how do you determine the price? Is it just MSRP + whatever dealer fees they always add on, or do you get incentives? Is there any haggle room available?

Also, one of my local dealers is doing something this weekend where they have a specific promotion, it does not say in the fine print that you have to take a truck in stock, I wonder if they will do an order and I get the promotion. I suppose it's best to ask them specifically about it.

Also, how long are they taking to build these days? I am wanting a SCREW 2015 with a 5.0, 3.55 locker and 36 gallon tank and 6.5' bed, these dont seem to be out there at all

Old 07-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the salesperson has time to spend with you, he/she can input your order details and print out a form with the various vehicle costs shown: X-Plan, A-Plan, and "invoice" costs. So, for example, IF you had an X-Plan PIN, you could buy at that cost and Ford limits what they can charge for doc fees. If not, try to negotiate a price off of invoice cost. If they're not willing to show you the numbers, then I'd suggest contacting various dealers' Internet sales departments. That way you won't be dealing on their turf where they can make you cool your heels etc. Always have them quote you a price that includes all current incentives, and don't let them add any other dealer fees/services etc. Good luck

Old 07-09-2015, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like to shoot for invoice. It's a decent deal for the customer and still leaves some meat for the dealer. When ordering, you should be able to negotiate invoice with no issues because you aren't tied to a vehicle on their lot. You can get the exact same truck at any dealership.

And watch the fees.

If you get an x-plan PIN, that's even better. Fees are limited and the price is around invoice (+/- a couple hundred). Plus, there is no negotiation unless you have a trade.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That was going to be my next question, so when ordering, in theory, it should not matter which dealership I buy from?

I know you used to be able to get x-plan PIN's on here from people, does anyone have one they don't need?

Old 07-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I ordered my 2011 I went to, called and emailed every dealership in 50 miles of home except one. I'll walk before I deal with them again. All but one would order the truck for X-Plan - any available incentives - trade in. That's where it got interesting, there was $4000 difference between the dealerships. It was a no brainer at that point to drive across town to get the truck.

They dealer would have ordered my truck with $0 down. Because they knew if I backed out of it they could sell that truck very easily. If you're getting an oddball that will languish on the lot you'll be expected to put more money down.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by crazynip
That was going to be my next question, so when ordering, in theory, it should not matter which dealership I buy from?
Correct. Unless you have one you like, it doesn't matter. You can get service or warranty work done at any Ford dealer, regardless of which dealer you purchase from.

Originally Posted by crazynip
I know you used to be able to get x-plan PIN's on here from people, does anyone have one they don't need?
I'm not sure about this site, but here is another Ford site that has quite a few Ford employees that can get you a PIN. Probably need to sign up: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...-pin-requests/

Also, if you own Ford stock (minimum of 100 shares I think), you can get a PIN from investor relations.

Originally Posted by Wookie
When I ordered my 2011 I went to, called and emailed every dealership in 50 miles of home except one. I'll walk before I deal with them again. All but one would order the truck for X-Plan - any available incentives - trade in. That's where it got interesting, there was $4000 difference between the dealerships. It was a no brainer at that point to drive across town to get the truck.

They dealer would have ordered my truck with $0 down. Because they knew if I backed out of it they could sell that truck very easily. If you're getting an oddball that will languish on the lot you'll be expected to put more money down.
If you do have to put money down, it is refundable, so no biggie. I have never put down a deposit on an ordered vehicle.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My invoice using the X-Plan pin came out to roughly Invoice + $50.00. Yes when all was said and done I paid considerably higher, but if you PM me, I'll send you the .PDF of my invoice and my closing paperwork

Old 07-13-2015, 08:15 AM
Warehouse stores like Costco and possibly Sam's Club have auto buying programs where you might get some leverage to get the price down. The dealer will want to creep the price back up to pad their pockets.

I have bought 5 in 13 years on the X-plan plus incentives. This last one was the only one I had to order to get what I wanted that wasn't available somewhere on a lot.

Good luck and enjoy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordering a 2015 - the price you pay