2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 F150 Problems

Old 07-06-2015, 01:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 F150 Problems

Hello all,
Two weeks ago i purchased a 2015 Ford F150 xlt Sport with the 2.7 eco boost engine. On my way home from the dealership my check engine light came on with a yellow wrench, it also said see owners manual. I called my salesman/ friend and he told me not to worry about it and to bring the truck back in when i got the chance so they could run the code. I brought it back 2 days laster with 150 miles on it. It was throwing transmission codes, they figured out i had a faulty torque converter and replaced it. The truck was at the dealership for 6 days. I get the truck back with 210 miles on it. I drove it for 3 days. This weekend i was heading on vacation with the family. About 30 minutes into the trip my transmission starts making a low pitch whining noise. After about 5 minutes of that my check engine light comes on again and the truck starts to sputter like the transmission isn't engaging. I pull off the freeway and limp it into a parking lot. When pressing the throttle the truck has zero power and feels like the tranny isn't engaging. The truck has 350 miles on it and they seem to think its an electrical problem but aren't sure.

Does anyone know my options with this truck? Im afraid its a lemon and don't even want it anymore. My truck has been in the shop more than my driveway. it sucks

Old 07-06-2015, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask an attorney.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lemon law that thing... hopefully Ford isnt making them so fast that they are coming out missing parts

Old 07-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Well, hope ye get'er fixed, Van. It's definitely wrong from the factory.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vanwilder01
...Does anyone know my options with this truck? Im afraid its a lemon and don't even want it anymore. My truck has been in the shop more than my driveway. it sucks
Hi Vanwilder01,

I want to do what I can to help you fall in love with your truck again. PM me your details; I'll get you into the hands of your regional customer service manager. In your message, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-20-2015, 11:23 PM
Just an update on my truck. It has now been out of my possession for 27 days. They cannot figure out what is wrong with it and are having a ford engineer come look at the truck to try to figure it out. I am making payments on a truck I have had in my possession no more than 3 days and less than 350 miles. I have contacted the dealership I purchased it from and asked for a possible buy back. They have said its a possibility, but I haven't heard from them in over a week. This is a nightmare. I plan on lemon laying the car after 30 days.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:47 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Originally Posted by Vanwilder01
Just an update on my truck. It has now been out of my possession for 27 days. They cannot figure out what is wrong with it and are having a ford engineer come look at the truck to try to figure it out...
Hi Vanwilder01,

I'm glad your dealership is using all resources available to them to assist. Also, I received your PM and sent you a reply. I'll continue to do all I can to help.

Crystal

Old 07-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO , they can't figure it out because there not mechanics anymore , there computer techs , and have to wait for permission from ford to do or try anything. After 27 days there should be no question ,ford should jack-up your radiator cap and pull a new truck under it no questions asked. I had a 13 ecoboost and had nothing but but problems , they wouldn't buy it back so i traded it in. Lost my *** , but at least now I have a truck I can drive. Ask them ,fight them, kick , scream , get a lawyer. Do any thing you can to get a new truck. Just remember your truck is no longer new , tranny has been out for a converter i'll guarantee all bolts were not replaced with new and a torque wrench was not used , once a bolt is used and torqued once , it stretches next time it stretches more , now that bolt is weaker and can snap and break. Don't believe me , take any bolt mic the length and diameter . torque it and re-mic. Now do it again. You will find the bolt is now longer and smaller in diameter. the drive shaft was not re-clocked as original install and so on. Many will disagree and argue . No bolt is made to re-use but we all do

Old 07-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Stuff like this is why I won't buy an ecoboost...

Old 07-21-2015, 06:43 PM
stop making payments on it, and I bet it will get fixed.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by F 1Fiddy
stop making payments on it, and I bet it will get fixed.
Nope, the dealer has been paid. Unless he is using FMCC, Ford got paid.

He will ruin his credit rating though...

Old 07-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazynip
Nope, the dealer has been paid. Unless he is using FMCC, Ford got paid.

He will ruin his credit rating though...
Precisely! The worst possible thing to do is to stop making payments.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:19 AM
2015 F150 Problems

Originally Posted by crazynip
Stuff like this is why I won't buy an ecoboost...
What does the ecoboost have to do with the transmission? Same tranny goes into the 5. Slow.

OP I hope they get everything figured out for you! I can feel your frustration.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:22 PM
Truck update: Ford has sent me a buy back or trade for a new truck of same msrp option. It was a lengthy process, but I am happy and surprised with the outcome. I am choosing the buy back option and am going to order my truck from the dealership to my exact liking. Thanks to the ford rep on the forum for expediting the process, I really appreciate it. It is good to know Ford is taking care of there customers.

The following 2 users liked this post by Vanwilder01:
Old 08-01-2015, 12:43 AM
Thats great news. Glad you had a positive outcome to a bad situation.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 F150 Problems