2015 - 2020 F-150

Possible to Remove Two-Tone Caribou from King Ranch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Possible to Remove Two-Tone Caribou from King Ranch?

I am set on buying a 2016 KR but would prefer the monochromatic paint instead of the two-tone. My dealer has looked all over but cannot find one built the way I want that does not have the caribou at the bottom. I'm wondering if the caribou is a sticker and can be removed, or whether it's actually painted and cannot be removed. Also, bumper end caps might be a different story -- can they be removed to reveal a chrome bumper beneath it?

Any KR owners able to shed some light? Thank you in advance, btw!

-Jim

Old 11-16-2016, 05:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The lower two tone is paint, you can always paint over it. Instead of try to make a mono KR, just buy a platinum. The are better equipped than the KR's and you can get them in mono.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Painted

And yes the front bumper caps can be removed. Not sure, but I'd bet there is chrome behind it. You can sell the caps for some extra play money

Old 11-17-2016, 10:59 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Pat, would Ford put chrome plating under the caps? I would not be surprised to have only steel under them.

Possibly, the dealership would know the answer to this question.

- Jack

Old 11-18-2016, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ended up with a Lariat for the exact reason, when you break it down they are pretty similar. At the time the only platinum white monocolor chrome package trucks in the motor and ect options I wanted were Lariat and not many available at that particular time.

It is missing a few things the King Ranch comes exclusively with but has pretty much every option, the tan interior was kinda iffy for me at the time but I eventually ended up liking it more than if I had got black. It was a choice between a black interior 'demo' and this 'new' one with tan interior in the whole Houston area.