2015 - 2020 F-150

Window vent shade issues

Old 09-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window vent shade issues

Has anyone successfully installed AVS window vent/shades on a 2016? I bought the AVS because they go in the channel and don't sticky tape to the exterior of the door but mine are jacked. I have an XLT SCrew and on both front windows the window hits the rearward tab of the shade and on both rear windows the window hits the front tab. If I hold outward on the vent tab the window clears but both front windows will automatically reverse and roll down if I put them all the way up. I have put them 98% up and let the truck sit for over a week but no improvement. I am convinced, after watching all the available YouTube vids on the install, that I have installed them properly. I called AVS but the woman that answered knows NOTHING about these things and just offered to send me out need double sided tape so that I can remove them and try again.

I really don't want the other type but I also don't want to have to run around my truck to get the windows up after every time that I crack the windows to vent the truck when it's 90+ out!

Old 09-01-2016, 09:24 PM
AVS Vent Shades

I am on my second set of the in-channel Ventvisor, both sets I've had have this same issue you are describing. I have just decided to deal with the issues because I don’t want to go with the Ventvisor that stick on theoutside of windows. I have a 2015 F150 Lariat Crew cab. The place I bought my Ventvisors from told me they have quit selling this type of Ventvisors strictly due to this issue.

When the windows hits the Ventvisors and rolls back down, I just let the window roll all the way back down then hold the (Window UP) button until the window rolls up completely. This seems to work on my truck, just thought I’d share.

Old 09-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is why I didn't put them on my new truck. I had them on the 04 that I traded for this one and had the same problem.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have the in-channel, but I gotta tell you I had a heck of a time lining up mine. It was turning into a rocket science project trying to get everything lined up straight to where I was happy.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:59 PM
I just tried to install Wade(made by Westin) in-channel vent visors and the first one broke when I rolled the window up the first time. I initiated a return through eBay and the seller credited my account and didn't even want them back. Hopefully someone will share a brand that actually works.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:28 AM
Gave up!

I contacted the manufacturer, Lund, and after some discussion and sending photos of my installation they concurred that I had installed them correctly and sent me a set of the exterior attachment visor as a replacement. They also said that they were referring the matter to their technical dept. Hard to imagine that I was the first to report this to them but that is how they acted!

Old 10-25-2016, 01:53 PM
Vent Visors

I have tried a couple different brands of in-channel vent visors and have had the same issues listed above. I just received a set from EGR and they fit and go up and down without any issues. I did have to hold up on the window button to get it to go up the first time all the way on the front doors. Then left them up for 24 hours and now no issues. I have 2016 F150 SCAB

Old 10-25-2016, 04:43 PM
I have a 2014, but run the AVS in-channel visors. They said to install, bring the window up within 3 inches of closing, and then fully close holding the switch up for 2 seconds once fully seated. Then with the window closed, gently pull out on the vent visors to ensure they are properly seated. Leave the window up for a minimum of 48 hours (I did 72 hours).

Once I did this, I no longer have any issues. It's a pain when the auto-drop, but thankfully isn't an issue anymore. Not sure when they updated, but my last set only has 3-4 tabs that are a couple of inches long that actually go in the window channel.

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window vent shade issues