2015 - 2020 F-150

2016 lower grill surround removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 lower grill surround removal

Removed this panel last night (I'm having the front bumper center chrome section wrapped today in the Caribou color to match the rest of the accent on the KR). I think it will look better matching than with the chrome breaking up the bumper). Anyways, just a heads up to let you know that the lower grill piece is secured by 12 removable steel clips. This is different from my 2013 Platinum where the bumper pads were separate pieces and held in by plastic tabs that broke when removed.

Just a heads up for anyone else looking to remove this section...

Should also add: this is for a 2016 KR 3.5L Ecoboost lower grille surround...I had thought they would all be the same, but am noticing the non-Ecoboost surrounds might be a bit different...(center area). Prolly still attach the same way but there you have it. Mod away folks

Last edited by HotLap; 07-05-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:10 AM
HotLap, saw your post on a different thread. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think about the wraps. I've been considering PTM'ing my bumpers to match the tuxedo black of my truck...this might be a better option.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by pedxing003
HotLap, saw your post on a different thread. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think about the wraps. I've been considering PTM'ing my bumpers to match the tuxedo black of my truck...this might be a better option.
pd003, I did have this done last week. It came out OK, but the match is not exact. They used the Ford OEM code (H5) for the Caribou trim and custom "printed" (not sure how that works) the wrap but it's a shade too dark and doesn't have the same level of metallic as the Caribou end caps. I think I can live with it and I like the way it makes the bumper flow across the front of the truck now and minimizes the grill flowing into the bumper area (hope that makes sense). The wrap appears to be pretty tough and should hold up well as far a chipping from road debris, etc. I'll get pics a post soon. By the way, the shadow black would be much easier to match as it's basically non-metallic gloss black, which is a standard color for the wrap companies.

Good luck

Quick Reply: 2016 lower grill surround removal