2015 - 2020 F-150

What dealership do you recommend to buy a new F150?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What dealership do you recommend to buy a new F150?

I am looking to buy a new F150 and wanting feedback or recommendations on what dealership/salesperson you recommend? I dont mind traveling across states to get a better deal. Thanks

Old 05-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
http://www.chapfordsales.com/

Ask for Sonny Dunsford. He and his brother own the place. Sonny is the sales manager. They have usually a 100 or so F150's on the lot. Real friendly, straight up, no BS kinda country folks. Take a look at what he has on the lot and make the call if he has one you like. He can order one for you but usually will cut a better deal on what he has in inventory.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple years ago I saw Mac Haik in Georgetown running super great online deals on F150s. Like $15,500 off.

Seemed like they were doing those sales on a regular basis, don't know about now.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You folks in Texas have it made compared to here in NW Penna. When I bought my '09 I went through 2 grueling weeks of hard negotiations with 5 dealers - finally settled on 15% off sticker and had to travel 195 miles to the dealership. Of course things were different back then with pricing and interest rates.

Then trying to find a loaded FX4 super crew was hard - hardly any in the western half of the state. King Ranch - forget it - none on the lots around here.

After that ordeal which I will never go through again I told myself the next time I buy a truck I am going to drive or fly down to Texas. From what I've read on the forum over the years is that a lot of dealers down there have huge inventories of F-150's and fairly easy to make a good deal.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Long-Lewis in Birmingham, AL. They sell with low markups and no doc fees.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:19 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Originally Posted by stormtech
After that ordeal which I will never go through again I told myself the next time I buy a truck I am going to drive or fly down to Texas. From what I've read on the forum over the years is that a lot of dealers down there have huge inventories of F-150's and fairly easy to make a good deal.
Or you can buy 100 shares of Ford common stock and get whatever you want with X-plan pricing at your local dealer - in stock or special order. This winds up being just a bit over invoice with doc fees limited to no more than $100. After 6 months you can get a PIN, then you can get another PIN every year.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I bought my 2014 from Grapevine Ford. They've always taken good care of me when I buy parts, or had the wife's car in for warranty issues.

Another local forum guy bought his 2015 5.0 from the same place

As well as a coworker that purchased a 2015 2.7 EB.

Back in 2003 I bought my silver truck from Prestige Ford in Garland. At the time it was the #1 truck dealer in Texas, it's changed ownership since then, can't speak for how they do buisness

Old 06-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by glc
Or you can buy 100 shares of Ford common stock and get whatever you want with X-plan pricing at your local dealer - in stock or special order. This winds up being just a bit over invoice with doc fees limited to no more than $100. After 6 months you can get a PIN, then you can get another PIN every year.
Thanks - forgot about that.

As long as the friends/family thing keeps going I am good friends with a Ford exec - hopefully when it is time he will help me out. That is exactly what I need as I just don't have the tolerance for the games they play anymore. The X-Plan would eliminate that.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
The only new truck I ever bought was when I luckily caught the local dealer when they were having a $67 over invoice sale. This was 2000. I had just come from Jeff Gordon Chevrolet where they had added interior and exterior silicon treatment, pinstripes, and bed liners to every truck they had. So, all that crap was added to the stickers on the truck. I actually wanted a Chevrolet truck because i thought the 2000 Chevy was the better looking truck. I didn't even bother to negotiate. I left and went to the Ford dealer and said "I want that red one.".

Quick Reply: What dealership do you recommend to buy a new F150?