2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed

I had the quicklifts on my previous truck, a 2005 F150 and were very happy with them. I had a 2.5 AS spacer on the 2005 before the Rancho and while it worked fine after about 30,000 miles just about every ball joint and the CV axles in my front end had to be replaced. I fixed everything and added the Rancho instead of the spacer and drove the truck another 60,000 before I traded it without any issues.

In my opinion the Ranchos just seem to be easier on the front end and they are adjustable for ride firmness which is a big plus. I bought my 2015 back in August and I went ahead and put on a 1.5 AS spacer with plans to replace once the quicklifts came out. The spacer worked fine (only had it about 5000 miles) and rides pretty much the same as stock. There are many threads and videos out there so I won't go into the installation other than to say it is pretty much same.

After getting everything installed I set the quickLIFTs and the two RS9000XL rear shocks to the 4 setting which is right in the middle. All are adjustable from 1 to 9 with 9 being the firmest setting.

I was able to tell a difference right away. The truck felt more planted to the road and had way less body roll in the turns. With the 4 setting the ride might be slightly firmer than stock but in no way uncomfortable. To me it feels like it should have come this way from the factory. I may adjust the settings some as time goes on but right now it is very close to perfect in my opinion.

From the ground the amount of lift that I got with the spacer to the middle of my front fender well was 38 and 7/8 inches. After replacing the spacer with the quicklifts the middle of the fender is at 39 and 3/4 inches. Both measurements include the addition of the 275/60/20 BFG KO2's. My experience suggest that the quicklifts will settle some over time so I will probably end up around 39 and 1/2.

A really big thanks goes out to Matt over at Rancho for getting a set into my hands right away.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:31 AM
Looks great!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2016, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by 99and04f150
Looks great!!!!!!
Thanks! I really am enjoying the way they ride.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:43 PM
Do you plan to tow with it?

I threw timbrens in an old truck of mine with a little leveling kit on it.

Debating on doing anything to this one. It certainly sits too low to go off road. Dont want to mess with the ride or capability though.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by joe t.
Do you plan to tow with it?

I threw timbrens in an old truck of mine with a little leveling kit on it.

Debating on doing anything to this one. It certainly sits too low to go off road. Dont want to mess with the ride or capability though.
With this truck I will be towing a utility trailer with atvs mostly. I also pull a larger trailer with a 35hp JD compact tractor and bush hog a couple of times a year.

I used to have a travel trailer that I pulled with my previous truck and the quicklift set up, it also had an extra rear leaf. I always thought the adjustable shocks really helped out with it.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:55 AM
Very interested in these, but I'm still not seeing them listed on Rancho's website or any other vendor's website. Anyway that you could post product numbers to help in searching? Also if you don't mind answering, what was the cost on these?

Old 03-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor
RS999945
RS999946
RS999384 (x2)
Cost should be the same as other quickLIFT Loaded struts.
$180ISH per side
$105ISH for the rear
Don't forget the rebate too!!!
http://www.gorancho.com/promotions/

These should be up on the site soon, we just need to do a new "data dump" to pull it up.
In regards to availability they should be getting out to the market now. It sometimes takes a bit for the "big guys" to order them up. Matt

Originally Posted by ArcherDad
Very interested in these, but I'm still not seeing them listed on Rancho's website or any other vendor's website. Anyway that you could post product numbers to help in searching? Also if you don't mind answering, what was the cost on these?

Old 03-31-2016, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by ArcherDad
stage3motorsports has them listed now.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/RS9...Passenger.html

Old 03-31-2016, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered a set! I just had ordered a 1.5 autospring kit that was going to be installed Monday, glad these came out just in time. I will still need an alignment correct? And is the height adjustable? Also, will the quicklifts be easier on cv, ball joints etc compared to a spacer kit?

Old 04-01-2016, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by SupercrewLightn
I just ordered a set! I just had ordered a 1.5 autospring kit that was going to be installed Monday, glad these came out just in time. I will still need an alignment correct? And is the height adjustable? Also, will the quicklifts be easier on cv, ball joints etc compared to a spacer kit?
You will need an alignment after installation and no they are not height adjustable. You will probably end up somewhere between 2 to 2.25 inches of lift.

In my opinion yes the quicklifts are much easier on the front end joints. I have had front end issues with spacers in the past but not with the quicklifts.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the info! Is your truck a 5.0 or ecoboost? Did you install them yourself or have a shop do it? Usually I do all my own work but lately I would rather just pay someone to do it haha.. I'm curious about how many hours a shop will take to do it..

Old 04-02-2016, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by SupercrewLightn
Thanks for the info! Is your truck a 5.0 or ecoboost? Did you install them yourself or have a shop do it? Usually I do all my own work but lately I would rather just pay someone to do it haha.. I'm curious about how many hours a shop will take to do it..
My truck is the 5.0, I decided I couldn't live without the sound of the V8!

I thought about paying someone but I really don't like my truck in anyone else's hands if I can avoid it so I installed myself in the driveway. I have done this enough times on trucks that I really don't have to think about it anymore. Took my time and was not in a hurry, probably spent about 4 hours total work time. I could knock at least an hour off if I really went at it.

I would think it can be done by a shop with lift and all the right tools in a couple of hours.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by ab46501
My truck is the 5.0, I decided I couldn't live without the sound of the V8!

I thought about paying someone but I really don't like my truck in anyone else's hands if I can avoid it so I installed myself in the driveway. I have done this enough times on trucks that I really don't have to think about it anymore. Took my time and was not in a hurry, probably spent about 4 hours total work time. I could knock at least an hour off if I really went at it.

I would think it can be done by a shop with lift and all the right tools in a couple of hours.
I hear you! As much as I love the power of the ecoboosts I just had to have a V8.. I was very happy with the surprisingly aggressive exhaust ford put on the 5.0... for now I am leaving the stock exhaust alone.. my last truck had 4 separate exhaust systems installed before I settled on one I liked.. as far as the quicklift install, I am mainly worried doing it myself that I will mess up the IWE's and would rather have a shop I trust be responsible for them .. one mistake on my end and there goes my $$ savings..

Old 04-03-2016, 04:10 PM
so, how are the quick-lifts easier on your front suspension components? Isnt it basically the same idea but just an all in one solution and not a stacked spacer?

Old 04-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Former Sponsor
First of valving and actual body size. Compared to stock night and day difference.
Second the adjustability really does work.
Lastly we LIMIT the amount of height so as to not put anymore wear and tear on angles.

Originally Posted by ZL580
so, how are the quick-lifts easier on your front suspension components? Isnt it basically the same idea but just an all in one solution and not a stacked spacer?

Quick Reply: 2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed