2015 - 2020 F-150

Body Fitment issues? Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Fitment issues? Anyone else?

After the honeymoon and while waxing my F150 I noticed some issues. I noticed before the passenger side front fender is a little bowed down the bodyline. Doors are off a tad too.
But while waxing it I noticed down the rain channels on the roof, it looks like someone in highschool autobody class sculpted that **** with a hand crimper.

Any chance on getting this stuff fixed?

I am less worried about my opinion than whoever that makes me an offer on trade in on it in a few years.

Love the truck, couple little issues but overall pretty nice.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:18 PM
I've noticed that when the sun hits my truck just right, the passenger door looks warped...it hasn't been hit or anything.

Not sure if anyone else would ever see it though.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:44 PM
Yeah I am being a stickler probably. I researched and found some issues with these and also other makes.

I will ask if it ever needs to go to the dealership.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by joe t.
Yeah I am being a stickler probably. I researched and found some issues with these and also other makes.

I will ask if it ever needs to go to the dealership.
I too noticed the roof as well. My truck looks like a sloppy job with a caulking gun.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The roof channels on the outside of the roof the first time I washed the truck, I thought there were supposed to be plastic inserts that should have been there and were missing... guess not

Old 02-24-2016, 12:40 AM
Yeah same here on the outside edges of the rain channel. I'd imagine all trucks are like this but they put rubber in there to cover it up. After thinking about it, it looks better without the rain channel rubber covers, they blow loose in carwashes as well.

I was looking closer at the doors and they are actually aligned adequately. Front fender is a tad off though.

Maybe I will ask if it ever goes to the dealership.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Oh yes

Originally Posted by joe t.
After the honeymoon and while waxing my F150 I noticed some issues. I noticed before the passenger side front fender is a little bowed down the bodyline. Doors are off a tad too.
But while waxing it I noticed down the rain channels on the roof, it looks like someone in highschool autobody class sculpted that **** with a hand crimper.

Any chance on getting this stuff fixed?

I am less worried about my opinion than whoever that makes me an offer on trade in on it in a few years.

Love the truck, couple little issues but overall pretty nice.
My 2016 f150 had bubbles in the paint in spots and the front bumper doesn't looks mounted correctly. My glovebox when closed doesn't look closed all the way.
I didn't pick up my truck up on purchase day so if I was I would have noticed it and had them build another

Old 05-18-2016, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jae724
My 2016 f150 had bubbles in the paint in spots and the front bumper doesn't looks mounted correctly. My glovebox when closed doesn't look closed all the way.
I didn't pick up my truck up on purchase day so if I was I would have noticed it and had them build another

You would have them build you another truck for the minor things wrong with your new F150?

Old 05-19-2016, 12:22 AM
Yeah I don't think they will build another but I would have brought it up if it bothered me. Minor issues and easy to fix.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:25 AM
My driver and passenger doors are not aligned properly. I called the dealership, they told me everything is warrantied for the first 12 months, but weren't really apologetic.

This is a known issue, do a search for door alignment problems on the forums and you'll find a bunch of people complaining about the same thing. Come on, Ford. Get your **** together.

Old 06-18-2016, 03:12 PM
Yes

Originally Posted by Paul888
You would have them build you another truck for the minor things wrong with your new F150?
If I noticed all the defects on pick up day, yes I would have not signed for it.
But since my business partner picked the truck up and didn't do a deep walk around the defects weren't noticed. And once off the lot your off the lot and the world changes haha

Old 07-12-2016, 09:21 AM
My driver side front fender is misaligned with my door. Will ask dealership to look at that. Did not notice when I signed it

Old 07-18-2016, 04:16 PM
I'll post more detail later, but after my 1st month with my new KR and 1K miles, I'd agree with the above...awesome technology, but you need to get better quality control on the assembly line, many "sloppy" areas, leather seats not fitted right, cowl cover doesn't fit snug at the middle junction point, etc., glove box door cheap feeling/sounding and uneven gap when closed...it's like Ford did a good job (for the most part) designing the vehicle but the assembly is still sloppy.

Quick Reply: Body Fitment issues? Anyone else?