2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 F150 sport Power locks freezing up

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 F150 sport Power locks freezing up

new to site. bought a truck two months old with 2k on it and last week it was -7 and when i tried to open up rear driver door it would not open with remote or internal switches. temperature dropped and it opened up again. had to manually open door from inside. froze again and i brought to dealer and they said they fixed it.guess what it happened again today at -5 and to make matters worse the driver door opened but then would not latch and i had to leave door open. temp dropped and it worked fine. heading to dealer again tomorrow. apparently a lot of people in the area NL canada and it gets cold are having the same problems. comments and suggestions are welcome

Old 02-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by SGP 2015
new to site. bought a truck two months old with 2k on it and last week it was -7 and when i tried to open up rear driver door it would not open with remote or internal switches. temperature dropped and it opened up again. had to manually open door from inside. froze again and i brought to dealer and they said they fixed it.guess what it happened again today at -5 and to make matters worse the driver door opened but then would not latch and i had to leave door open. temp dropped and it worked fine. heading to dealer again tomorrow. apparently a lot of people in the area NL canada and it gets cold are having the same problems. comments and suggestions are welcome
Hey SGP 2015,

I'll look into this further, and see how to best assist. Let us know via PM how your appointment at the dealer goes. Also, please send over your current odometer reading.

Mariel

Old 02-08-2016, 11:03 PM
I have the same issue with my 2015 F150 @ 3700 miles. 3 of 4 door locks have not worked in freezing temps. Truck has been into the dealer 2 times already and dealer has not been able to fix - new parts are supposed to take 6 weeks to get. Hard to believe when I live 40 miles from where the truck was made. Others I have spoken to have had similar issues as well. I am engaging a regional customer service rep...

Old 02-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Erik B
I have the same issue with my 2015 F150 @ 3700 miles. 3 of 4 door locks have not worked in freezing temps. Truck has been into the dealer 2 times already and dealer has not been able to fix - new parts are supposed to take 6 weeks to get. Hard to believe when I live 40 miles from where the truck was made. Others I have spoken to have had similar issues as well. I am engaging a regional customer service rep...
Welcome to the forum, Erik B. I'm sure you'll be in great hands with your regional customer service manager. If you'd like me to check out your case to see if there's anything I can do to help out, just send over a PM with your case number. If you don't have your case number, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Old 02-09-2016, 06:50 PM
ERik B. thanks for the info. just wondering about what parts they are actually ordering because the dealer never siad anything to me about ordering parts and i have been in the garage twice as well. latest issue ( temp below zero)was the rear driver side door would not open again and when i opened the driver door it would not latch and i had to drive 10 kilometers to the dealer holding the driver door in one hand and the steering ein the other.. nlot a good feeling to say the least. My wife refuses to drive the truck because of this safety issue. as of now both doors work because temperatures are not below zero. when local ford dealer picked me up yesterday to get my vehicle the passsengar in the back has a 2015 truck and e problem with both rear doors. hopefully ford will fix soon. just wondering who the regional customer service managers are you mentioned... are they part of the ford customer service team. i have been in touch with team as well. please keep me posted on the status of your vehicle ..i will do same

Quick Reply: 2015 F150 sport Power locks freezing up