2015 - 2020 F-150

Tips and tricks

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TonyMo
Anyone know how to reply to text messages on the Sync screen while vehicle in motion? It says that it's disabled for my safety....
If reply is greyed out its because your on an iPhone, you have to hold down the sync button for three seconds and then tell Siri "reply to text" and then she will read it back to you and ask if you want to send it.

The other features are only available on Android phones.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:04 AM
How do you get the mirror lamps etc to stay on like the headlights after you lock the truck? These features are completely pointless if you wish to lock your truck after exiting it.

Originally Posted by Mpkav
I thought I would start a tips and tricks thread. There are a few things that aren't mentioned in the manual that are very helpful! Chime in if you have any secrets of your own!!

-When you put your truck in reverse, on the backup camera screen, there a a plus symbol that will change your camera view! Very helpful when hooking up a trailer!

-key pad functions...you can lock the truck by pressing 7/8 9/0 on the pad, even when it's running! Enter your keypad code then press 5/6 and it will drop the tailgate (USE CAUTION!!) use your keypad code and then press 3/4 and it will unlock the backdoors also!

-in the compartment where your USB ports are if you lift the rubber mat you will find your "my key" spot. This is where you program your key fob. Some people leave the fob in that spot so it's hidden and use the keypad to lock/unlock!

-here are instructions for wiring your mirror flood lights so they stay on after the 5mph shutoff!
http://www.f150forum.com/f118/run-mi...u-want-311291/

-traction control...press the button one to turn it off. Press it once then a second time but hold for 10 seconds. That turns off advance trac also. Double tap the traction control button and it enables "advance trac sport mode!!" Raise your RPMS to around 1500 with the break on, let off the break and punch it...hold on!!!

-if you have the full console but a column shifter there is a hidden compartment under the rubber mat on the left side of your console.

-if you go into navigation and press "menu" and then travel link there is weather and active weather radar!!

Old 07-15-2016, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Jae724
You simply come to a stop hit reply. Then drive but do not hit "home" leave the list of text up to be able to select while driving. Or simply use the voice button on the steering wheel and say "reply to text" or "reply" it will then bring the list back up and on the left side you will see a number such as a (1) hit the voice button again and say the # that is next to the pre installed text.
Nice tip, thanks! I was wondering this as well as I can get the texts to display but have not seen a way to reply. Makes perfect sense to not allow detail typing into the touch screen while driving, (as you'd be looking at the screen and not the road), but I thought a few pre configured canned responses would be nice like "driving now, will reply when I stop", "yes", "no", etc. So, am I understanding you correctly, in that we can use the voice control to reply to a text and it will reply with what we speak?

Old 07-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Bigmoss
If reply is greyed out its because your on an iPhone, you have to hold down the sync button for three seconds and then tell Siri "reply to text" and then she will read it back to you and ask if you want to send it.

The other features are only available on Android phones.
Ahh, I have a Iphone so no go I guess...

Old 07-15-2016, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Jae724
You simply come to a stop hit reply. Then drive but do not hit "home" leave the list of text up to be able to select while driving. Or simply use the voice button on the steering wheel and say "reply to text" or "reply" it will then bring the list back up and on the left side you will see a number such as a (1) hit the voice button again and say the # that is next to the pre installed text.

Just wanted to say thanks! Just using the voice button on the steering wheel works great. I'm use a Samsung phone.

It would be nice if Ford allowed you to input a few custom text replies of your own to the list

Old 09-14-2016, 03:14 PM
I continue to try "reply to text" but it always say "cannot find phone number of sender." Does this feature not work with an iphone? It appears I'm well sync'd with the system for everything else.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by texnavy
I continue to try "reply to text" but it always say "cannot find phone number of sender." Does this feature not work with an iphone? It appears I'm well sync'd with the system for everything else.
Sounds like your using an Iphone if you read above you'd see this feature does NOT work with Sync. You have to use Siri and say reply to text then you can reply with voice

Last edited by Bigmoss; 09-15-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by texnavy
Have you tried holding down the sync button for three seconds and then telling Siri to reply to text? You have to hold it a little longer than normal and wait for the distinctive iPhone Siri beep.

F150 Sync Button

Old 10-16-2016, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by TonyMo
It would be nice if Ford allowed you to input a few custom text replies of your own to the list
I think they do, but I'll have to check tomorrow. I know I input a custom text for my wife's many nonsense texts I get from her (Eat a ****). Just can't remember if it was in my truck or her Lincoln.

And before anyone says anything, she loves my language, so back off!

Old 10-20-2016, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by twillroth
I think they do, but I'll have to check tomorrow. I know I input a custom text for my wife's many nonsense texts I get from her (Eat a ****). Just can't remember if it was in my truck or her Lincoln.

And before anyone says anything, she loves my language, so back off!
That would be fantastic, but the Ford tech here said for me to put that idea into the Social Media page suggestions section. (black hole)

Old 10-20-2016, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by RVerz
That would be fantastic, but the Ford tech here said for me to put that idea into the Social Media page suggestions section. (black hole)
I was mistaken. It was our new Chevy HD at work that I was able to input a custom text. So Chevy Mylink has the option, but Ford/Lincoln must not.

Old 05-25-2018, 01:23 PM
If you double press the a/c button and the recycle air button at the same time it will pop up the digital climate control

Quick Reply: Tips and tricks