2015 - 2020 F-150

Steering click / trans acting funny

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering click / trans acting funny

New here, bout a 2015 F150 Supercrew Lariat in September this year and absolutely love the truck. I have always been Ford loyal and the truck meets every expectation I've had by far.

I have about 3600 miles so far and just started noticing a clicking possible popping from the front end intermittently while driving, you can feel it in the steering wheel and I only started noticing it about 200 miles ago. It definitely was not always like this since new. Anybody else have this problem at all? Almost feels faintly like when a car would have bad ballpoints.

I've read about the steering shaft recall but when inputing the vin on fords site it says that I have no recalls.

My second possible issue is the trans. Sometimes it has a pretty good clunk when shifting/downshifting.

I have searched a bit here with no real luck with what I think are the same issues. My dilemma is I am n near my hometown Ford Dealer who I trust completely and they know I'm not a "problem child" and if bring my car in they know there must be an issue. I'll be 1300 miles from home until March, I have heard great things about a ford dealer local to me in Fort Myers Florida but I always like to go into things with some more knowledge than the average person who walks in and says my car is making noises.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is a TSB for the harsh downshift. I believe the number is 15-0142, and it is for a reflash of the computer. I had this done and it fixed the problem. If you do a search for the TSB there's a thread with more info.

The popping in the front end should be looked at by your dealership.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:32 PM
hello , must say that i have the same problem, took it to the dealer now they are in there third day and have not found the problem,i'm like really..... "clicking" "popping" noise from steering wheel that happens at low speeds while turning and slightly unperfect road it totally frustrayting and it drives me nuts. i have a F150 2015 started at 800 miles now 1200 miles and starting to be very DISAPOINTED WITH MY PURCHASE!

Old 02-09-2016, 10:38 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by serjes99
hello , must say that i have the same problem, took it to the dealer now they are in there third day and have not found the problem,i'm like really..... "clicking" "popping" noise from steering wheel that happens at low speeds while turning and slightly unperfect road it totally frustrayting and it drives me nuts. i have a F150 2015 started at 800 miles now 1200 miles and starting to be very DISAPOINTED WITH MY PURCHASE!
Hi serjes99,

I replied to your other post about this, but wanted to touch base with you here as well. Reach out to me via private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'd like to see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Old 07-22-2017, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi serjes99,

I replied to your other post about this, but wanted to touch base with you here as well. Reach out to me via private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'd like to see what I can do to help.

Crystal
can you help me? Having the popping steering issues, hard downshift in sport mode,
derek Stephens
405-513-0628
35,851 miles
Reynolds ford Oklahoma City
Jay is the service rep

Quick Reply: Steering click / trans acting funny