2015 - 2020 F-150

2016 F150 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 10:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
crazynip, some information you should look into.

how many trucks ford sales a year and how many of those are premium models. limited. platimum, king ranch. i bet it is alot, like over 25%

second what is the tax advantage for a small business to buy a truck over a car. for me my cpa willlet me write off a truck 90 to 100% and a car only about 50%. if you write a car off 100% let me know hoe that irs audit works for you.

last, you just dont seem the type that care what the country club crowd thinks, so why does this make you so mad? what bmw would you get that give you baller status for $60k.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I must have missed the memo that nice trucks can't pull campers, haul wood and drive through dirt.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Just joined the forum. I couldn't help myself, but, post about the F150 LIMITED. This is gonna be long so I apologize in advance. Not personally attacking anyone.
I have had plenty to import cars in my life. I currently drive a BMW M5. I am sure most of you have heard about it. I also happen to have a 2015 f150 XLT. I was honestly very surprised at how quiet the ride is. This is 2nd pickup first being a Nissan Titan which I truly hated. I swore to never get back into pickups. I recently had my salesman call me to look at a F150 LIMITED. Upon looking at the truck i was truly impressed at the interior, 22in wheels, real eucalyptus wood, leather, and sync3. I just had to have it. So I ended up placing an order on it. My M5 lease is over in December and I happened to take this car ti carmax for a quick appraisal. This car had a MSRP of $109,000. The appraisal came at 45k, with 45k miles on it. Thats a almost a 60% depreciation in 2yrs. F150 truly holds their value way more that BMW or MERCEDES. I read a lot of criticism on f150 limited being too expensive. Let me tell you guys that a Base model Bmw 528i at msrp in 50s wont come with a navigation, real leather, and, you will get horrendous wheels. BMW Charges 5k for all leather. If there is one company that Nickle and Dimes you are these two I mentioned above. We must give ford credit for coming up with aluminum body. They must have spents tons of money on R&D for this. They have to make it up somehow. All in all I am very happy to have f150 limited on order and just cannot waut to return the M5.

Last edited by Hiren; 08-22-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Supply and demand bro.

Auto companies do an amazing job of convincing even the minority of people with high incomes that quality and performance can only be attained by spending major $$. Reality is that the one factor that cost the most is low volume or exclusivity, but only when volumes are extremely low.
The most amazing part to me is that people go back to the same dealer and lose their rears when they trade this once prized possession for a fraction of what they payed (because few potential buyers of the former prized possession think it is worth it), complain, and then do it all over again!!
What do they say about doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result??

Old 08-26-2016, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by crazynip
I hate this marketing bull****

At the end of the day, it's a truck. It's not a Mercedes S class or BMW 7 series, or Jaguar or Bentley or Rolls or Cadillac or even a Lincoln

It might be almost as comfortable as what is termed a "Luxury vehicle", but it is not a prestigious vehicle. But it has the price tag approaching ludicrous...

To the average person, they will not know the difference between an F150 XLT and a Limited. It's a truck to them, so in essence you people buying these $60-$70,000 are just like the "corvette guy" for trucks

For about $1000-$2000, I could probably buy all those parts, put them on my XLT and look super cool, as I pull up to the valet line behind a line of BMW's and Mercedes, right?
You can stick a rose in a piece of **** and call it a rose also, but it's still a piece of ****.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
I must have missed the memo that nice trucks can't pull campers, haul wood and drive through dirt.

Nice camper bro...

This is kind of like the guy who owns a Mercedes but lives in a double-wide trailer

Old 08-27-2016, 02:22 PM
I hate this marketing bull****

At the end of the day, it's a truck. It's not a Mercedes S class or BMW 7 series, or Jaguar or Bentley or Rolls or Cadillac or even a Lincoln

It might be almost as comfortable as what is termed a "Luxury vehicle", but it is not a prestigious vehicle. But it has the price tag approaching ludicrous...

To the average person, they will not know the difference between an F150 XLT and a Limited. It's a truck to them, so in essence you people buying these $60-$70,000 are just like the "corvette guy" for trucks

For about $1000-$2000, I could probably buy all those parts, put them on my XLT and look super cool, as I pull up to the valet line behind a line of BMW's and Mercedes, right?
LOL, with all due respect crazy, I think you are missing the point. Folks who buy this truck really don't care what others think. Also, I priced the grill for my '16 KR, and it was $1200 just for the grill! Throw in the 22" wheels and other Limited gear and your probably looking at closer to $5K + to up-convert a loaded Lariat to a Limited...but why would you, the Lariat is a nice truck anyways! I like the grille as it has the finishing piece along the bottom edge (unlike any other F-150 series grille) but nowhere near being worth $1,200 for me

Old 08-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hiren
Hello Everyone,
Just joined the forum. I couldn't help myself, but, post about the F150 LIMITED. This is gonna be long so I apologize in advance. Not personally attacking anyone.
I have had plenty to import cars in my life. I currently drive a BMW M5. I am sure most of you have heard about it. I also happen to have a 2015 f150 XLT. I was honestly very surprised at how quiet the ride is. This is 2nd pickup first being a Nissan Titan which I truly hated. I swore to never get back into pickups. I recently had my salesman call me to look at a F150 LIMITED. Upon looking at the truck i was truly impressed at the interior, 22in wheels, real eucalyptus wood, leather, and sync3. I just had to have it. So I ended up placing an order on it. My M5 lease is over in December and I happened to take this car ti carmax for a quick appraisal. This car had a MSRP of $109,000. The appraisal came at 45k, with 45k miles on it. Thats a almost a 60% depreciation in 2yrs. F150 truly holds their value way more that BMW or MERCEDES. I read a lot of criticism on f150 limited being too expensive. Let me tell you guys that a Base model Bmw 528i at msrp in 50s wont come with a navigation, real leather, and, you will get horrendous wheels. BMW Charges 5k for all leather. If there is one company that Nickle and Dimes you are these two I mentioned above. We must give ford credit for coming up with aluminum body. They must have spents tons of money on R&D for this. They have to make it up somehow. All in all I am very happy to have f150 limited on order and just cannot waut to return the M5.
Hiren, welcome and I hope you enjoy your new F-150. I too drive German cars and my Fords have been more reliable. I was pricing out a new M4 hard top convertible (had new 2009 that was fully loaded for about $76K) and now basically the same in a 2016 model is $94K...not sure how most American families can afford to buy new cars as they are very expensive - across the board. My 2016 KR MSRP was $63K as compared to a comparably equipped 2013 Platinum that was $52K MSRP...crazy how fast auto prices are increasing and Ford/GMC/RAM can't build them fast enough!!

Old 09-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Nice camper bro...

This is kind of like the guy who owns a Mercedes but lives in a double-wide trailer
What a ***** of a comment! You have no idea the situation behind the camper...some people have run down campers that have no issues getting dirty for hunting and such. I know people who have expensive trucks and multiple boats....when they're towing their 15' pond boat vs 24' lake boat, is it just assumed they spent all their money on the truck and not the boat??

Your comment is a perfect example of what happens when you assume...

Old 09-27-2016, 04:04 PM

Here are a few pics of my f150 heritage edition

Old 09-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by dexx00420
What a ***** of a comment! You have no idea the situation behind the camper...some people have run down campers that have no issues getting dirty for hunting and such. I know people who have expensive trucks and multiple boats....when they're towing their 15' pond boat vs 24' lake boat, is it just assumed they spent all their money on the truck and not the boat??

Your comment is a perfect example of what happens when you assume...
I'm going to stick with my statement... you are entitled to your opinion. I think the picture is hilarious. I would be embarassed to to that behind my previous, 10 year old 2005 F150, let alone his truck. I see some trailer like that, I think that person is homeless and living out of it

Old 09-28-2016, 06:21 AM
I'm going to stick with my statement... you are entitled to your opinion. I think the picture is hilarious. I would be embarassed to to that behind my previous, 10 year old 2005 F150, let alone his truck. I see some trailer like that, I think that person is homeless and living out of it

If someone wants to spend $60,000 then they are trust funders, come from rich families or make way more than your average middle class person.
Buying a new vehicle is a bad investment to begin with but upscale pickups will lose heaps of value in the first 2 years.....a lot more loss than a lower line truck.
If someone feels comfortable with a monthly payment over $500 to $800 a month then more power to them.
Living beyond one's means and not preparing for "what if" situations regarding employment uncertainties is what brought this country to it's knees in 2006-2008.
My house is paid off, no credit card debt, and a lower line XL F-150 will help me weather the next bust.
All of the people around here in their $50,000- $60,000 trucks have a fit if there is dirt on their trucks....my truck gets a bath when it rains.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:27 PM
Careful ... I have a 2004 ... And I would two that thing with pride if it helped me get a nice 10 point buck!!!

Old 09-30-2016, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Paul888
If someone wants to spend $60,000 then they are trust funders, come from rich families or make way more than your average middle class person.
Buying a new vehicle is a bad investment to begin with but upscale pickups will lose heaps of value in the first 2 years.....a lot more loss than a lower line truck.
If someone feels comfortable with a monthly payment over $500 to $800 a month then more power to them.
Living beyond one's means and not preparing for "what if" situations regarding employment uncertainties is what brought this country to it's knees in 2006-2008.
My house is paid off, no credit card debt, and a lower line XL F-150 will help me weather the next bust.
All of the people around here in their $50,000- $60,000 trucks have a fit if there is dirt on their trucks....my truck gets a bath when it rains.
I agree. Anyone who spends that much is probably knee deep in debt and probably going through a mid-life crisis of some kind anyway

Old 10-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Don't see what the big deal is, just put a bedliner in it if you are worried I guess. I don't care if it is a Limited or an XL, I don't want people sliding crap down the outside of the body or getting in the inside with muddy waders on.

Some people make 6 figure salaries, manage their debts well, have a little bit of equity on their trade, can negotiate a fair purchase price, and can throw down a month of income every 2-3 years on a new truck down payment. Keeps the payments around $500 a month on a purchase like this. If times get hard you can manage $500 till you figure things out.

Quick Reply: 2016 F150 Limited