Old 07-22-2015, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdiddy4224
Nor in Texas.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/a...lgate-chic.ece

Old 07-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
As the owner of a new (to me) 2014 Platinum, I have to say I find that I get just a bit irritated at comments characterizing people like me not using this truck as a truck.

I have a pickup truck BECAUSE I pull a travel trailer, and, I regularly visit Home Depot and similar stores to buy and haul concrete bags, lumber, concrete blocks and the like. I've also used my truck to haul flagstone that I collect in the woods at sites accessible only by Forest Service roads and I'm fond of driving on those same kinds of 4WD roads when we go camping.

But, since I spend some of my few remaining life in vehicles, I find the experience is much more pleasant in those that are appointed with touches of luxury and comfort. And, I enjoy having equipment that removes some of the effort involved in everyday tasks.

Would I go "mudding" in my truck? Not on your life! I can't see subjecting any vehicle to that kind of abuse. It doesn't even look fun to me. Other "extreme" vehicle "sports" have a similar lack of appeal.

Would I want a Limited? No - but I can certainly see how it might appeal to some and would still give them the utility of a truck.

For personal reasons, I have no desire for anything like a BMW, Bentley, Rolls, Jaguar, Land Rover, Corvette, Lamborghini, and so on. But, I can see how many covet them and I can certainly appreciate their design, craftsmanship, and purpose. There's no way you would ever catch me disparaging any owner of those vehicles.

So, if you're happy with your base model vehicle, good on you! I'm pleased we don't ALL have to have the same thing and that there is such a thing as "choice".

- Jack

Old 07-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tstjohn
Nor in Texas.
Wait, I thought everything was bigger in TX. Does that not include parking spaces?

Old 07-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
As the owner of a new (to me) 2014 Platinum, I have to say I find that I get just a bit irritated at comments characterizing people like me not using this truck as a truck.

I have a pickup truck BECAUSE I pull a travel trailer, and, I regularly visit Home Depot and similar stores to buy and haul concrete bags, lumber, concrete blocks and the like. I've also used my truck to haul flagstone that I collect in the woods at sites accessible only by Forest Service roads and I'm fond of driving on those same kinds of 4WD roads when we go camping.

But, since I spend some of my few remaining life in vehicles, I find the experience is much more pleasant in those that are appointed with touches of luxury and comfort. And, I enjoy having equipment that removes some of the effort involved in everyday tasks.

Would I go "mudding" in my truck? Not on your life! I can't see subjecting any vehicle to that kind of abuse. It doesn't even look fun to me. Other "extreme" vehicle "sports" have a similar lack of appeal.

Would I want a Limited? No - but I can certainly see how it might appeal to some and would still give them the utility of a truck.

For personal reasons, I have no desire for anything like a BMW, Bentley, Rolls, Jaguar, Land Rover, Corvette, Lamborghini, and so on. But, I can see how many covet them and I can certainly appreciate their design, craftsmanship, and purpose. There's no way you would ever catch me disparaging any owner of those vehicles.

So, if you're happy with your base model vehicle, good on you! I'm pleased we don't ALL have to have the same thing and that there is such a thing as "choice".

- Jack
Well said! But,

For personal reasons, I have no desire for anything like a ...Lamborghini...
Really? Not even a little desire for a Lambo? Oh, come on now, surely there is part of you that would love to have a Lambo!

Old 07-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
...<snip>...
Really? Not even a little desire for a Lambo? Oh, come on now, surely there is part of you that would love to have a Lambo!
Actually, no. But, I'd love to drive one, or any of the others I mentioned (and some I didn't) someday. And, who knows, if I did drive one, I might just discover I couldn't live without one. But, at the moment I can't get past the cost of upkeep if I were to own one of those things.

However, I'm glad there ARE people who can afford them, otherwise, I'd never get to see one.

- Jack

Old 07-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Actually, no. But, I'd love to drive one, or any of the others I mentioned (and some I didn't) someday. And, who knows, if I did drive one, I might just discover I couldn't live without one. But, at the moment I can't get past the cost of upkeep if I were to own one of those things.

However, I'm glad there ARE people who can afford them, otherwise, I'd never get to see one.

- Jack
I'm with you! I hope to drive a Lambo or Ferrari at one of the 'pay to drive an exotic car' thingies one of these years.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:51 PM

- Jack
Well put, Jack!

Old 07-22-2015, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
I'm with you! I hope to drive a Lambo or Ferrari at one of the 'pay to drive an exotic car' thingies one of these years.
I just did that and while it is an experience, I would still take my F150 any day. Sitting on the ground is just not my cup of tea!

I have personally been waiting on the Limited to show up. I like all of the bells and whistles plus I like the way Ford dresses it up. I do not know if I will be able to justify it in the end, but it is nice to dream.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Xylar5
I just did that and while it is an experience, I would still take my F150 any day. Sitting on the ground is just not my cup of tea!

I have personally been waiting on the Limited to show up. I like all of the bells and whistles plus I like the way Ford dresses it up. I do not know if I will be able to justify it in the end, but it is nice to dream.
While one would be fun to drive, no way would I want a Lambo or Ferrari as a daily driver. I like the height of trucks as well.

If I had the money, a new Ford GT would be on my list, but I truly doubt that it would be driven much. Just not many places around here to drive something like that without rubbing.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Its all about choices & budgets for the masses. Some people can afford this type of truck & some can only wish to be able to afford one of these.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:42 PM

- Jack

Good summary Jack!

Old 07-27-2015, 10:49 PM
I'm going to take this in a totally different direction. Ready?
I can't help but think this means the new aluminum bodies are more corrosion resistant. Why? Let's think about depreciation. When I have gone to dealer lots with 2 year old F-150 lease returns with 20-30k miles on them and window stickers of $30k+, I can't help but think someone is nuts because of what I see at the bottoms of doors and tailgates... RUST! Those who live in the south won't need to think twice about this, but for everyone else it should be. So if the 2 year old truck has lost $10k of value, in 2 more years when the rust is more prevalent, how many people, or more importantly banks, want to provide loans for a rot-box?
I've been a long time ford fan, but truth be told, the 9 I have owned over the years haven't held up for crap when exposed to salt despite religious washing.
Back to the new Limited at $70k. Even after 4-5 years this truck will have lost close to half its value. Luxury rides typically do. Who will want to buy a used Limited for $35k with noticeable corrosion? I would love to think Ford has come to their senses to realize planned obsolescence doesn't need to be designed into their trucks because most owners do a great job destroying them by being negligent or irresponsible. The exception being the enthusiasts on sites like this that make Ford look good by driving immaculate '98 F150's, etc that have beat the odds!
So if Ford does us right and makes the aluminum bodies more corrosion resistant, I'll be ready to throw my money at not a new Limited, but likely a Lariat... with a 10 speed transmission... or kick-*** hybrid system!

Last edited by white elephant; 07-27-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
How many of those 2012 or 2013 used trucks are actually selling for $30k??

Before buying my truck, I was looking at used 2013, 2014's that people were trading in on new 2015's, and the prices they were asking were absurd. And they are not moving either. Around here, lots and Carmax is full of late model trucks priced too high and not selling.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Around here it must be good so far because no one has inventory of used on lots. The rust belt is not yet saturated with inventory. If history repeats itself, it will be again in another year or so.

Last edited by white elephant; 07-28-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Ford seems to know what they're doing...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...r-f-150-pickup

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 F150 Limited