2015 - 2020 F-150

Sunroof Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told the same thing the first time I took mine in. Supposedly they completely removed the pano roof realigned it etc... problem returned in a month. Second time and every time since they just clean and grease it. Read the instructions on the TSB 16-0020. Anybody can perform the steps they follow. Used to own a 2000 mustang and it had similar rattles and squeaks. Thought F150 would be different but it's the same crappy Ford work. So disappointed. Wanted to support Ford but I'll never buy a Ford again.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:42 AM
I had the TSB performed about 6 months ago on my 2015. It fixed the issue and it has not returned. Personally I have owned dozens of vehicles and this trucks is fantastic.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:54 PM
having same issue cover drags also when closing I'm waiting for parts there going to replace it all. 2015 15k miles

Old 11-20-2016, 11:16 AM
I have the same problem.... and the only way they have found to fix it is to spay silicone on the rubber. Ok for 1 or 2 days...

Old 11-22-2016, 11:35 PM
Sunroof rattle fixed

I have a 2015 Lariat and my roof started to rattle, but only when it was closed. It was very irritating. I took it to the dealer I purchased from and they said there was a service update on it, and they basically told me they lubed it when I went back to pick up the truck. The rattle came back almost immediately. I took the truck back a second time, and they apparently did the same thing, and this time it has not made a noise since. It sounded like something was loose and shaking around every time I hit a bump , and was very irritating on any road that was not smooth. Anyways, it has been ok for at least a month or so, but still kind of wary about it coming back if all they did was lube it, but at least i've had it in twice for the same thing so if it happens again after warranty ends i'll be in there wanting it repaired!

Old 11-27-2016, 12:04 PM
Rattle on F150 sunroof

Next wednesday will be the fourth times I bring my F150 to the dealer for my roof... I have told them that if they only lub it again I won't be happy... of the service.
Ford don't care about us...
I have paid 180$ for the new release of the GPS. It's a 2015 and the map version was august 2012...

Old 01-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Skinner2
Thank you for all of the info.

My issue is still not resolved and the Dealer now wants to send the truck to a collision centre to have them look at it.

Truck has 7000 miles on it.
I would not classify the noise as a rattle. Its more of a rubbing , clunking noise. only does it when roof is closed. when opened and re closed it goes away for a very short time then starts again. Winter is here so its always closed and is very disappointing.

This will be my last sunroof .......
Having the same issue, more of a clunk sound on roof near the front. I thought the glass was going to break. Seems to only happen during some bumps, not all. Scared me at first. It is also dry and frigid outside. Maybe seals are sticking. What did the dealer say?

Old 01-22-2017, 06:29 PM
Crystal,

I am having the exact same issue. I kept thinking that it was coming from the passenger seatbelt hitting on the door however it is the sunroof right above the passenger side. I haven't taken it back to dealership yet is there something I can tell them where they can know exactly what to do instead of troubleshooting it on their own?

Thanks

Old 02-13-2017, 07:34 PM
HD4
taking mine in to dealer tomorrow for this clunking rattle issue. 2016 with 17,000 miles on it. noise is driving me crazy

Old 02-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Mine goes in next Monday for this issue and a couple of more ... Hoping mine is a fix once and never occurs again issue and not it comes back.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:32 PM
HD4
Fixed

Dropped my truck off at 10 and picked it up at 2. they did the TSB and no more noise at all. Hopefully it last. They gave it a nice wash too! Great service.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:27 AM

Not sure anyone has mentioned it over here, but the slick tape truck seems to work for me.

Apply slick tape on the seal side of the fixed pice of glass. It prevents the two panels from making a creaking noise as you drive.

Look up 1/2" wide slick tape on amazon to order some.

Attached Thumbnails Sunroof Noise-photo972.jpg   Sunroof Noise-photo573.jpg  
Old 02-18-2017, 02:02 AM
The dealership finally replaced the whole sunroof in mine.. rattling has been gone for almost 2 months now. havent checked for leaks because its winter and everything is frozen.. So far so good..

Old 03-02-2017, 12:11 PM
I have the same issue, clunking/knocking from the passenger side. If the sunroof is open the noise goes away.
If you open and close it, that temporarily makes it quiet for a few blocks.
Its been in to the dealer once for inspection but didn't help and from the sounds of everyone else's repair attempts it seems there is no real fix.

Its pretty apparent the truck frame flexes too much for this type of pano roof joint, seems like Ford Engineers along with their pano roof supplier need to re-engineer this and stop selling them asap unless the customer is deaf, my option for this roof was almost $2k and the noise is extremely annoying and distracting.

waiting for Ford to fix and recall these Pano's, they likely never passed reliability tests or have a documented sound variance problem noted.
All ford Service groups should be technically aware and minimize the customers lost time, making 3 and 4 trips to the dealer is not good customer service.

Unless I see Ford come out with a real fix I will never buy another Ford with the pano option.

Now if they could only fix the Nav SD card fault.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:14 PM
About to take my 2015 Lariat back to the dealership for the 4th time for this stupid moon roof rattling!!! Fed up!

Quick Reply: Sunroof Noise