2015 - 2020 F-150

Do you own a 2015? If so, what is your experience to date??

Old 10-15-2015, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jkinger
I did reset it on my second tank. I'm going to give it one more tank to see if the numbers improve.
You can also trend the past 5 fills to see past 5 tanks worth of mpg's. I avg 15.5 but have a 14 super crew 4X4 5.0

Old 10-17-2015, 03:13 PM
I like the truck so far. It is very luxurious and well executed. I drove the Denali Suv and Chevy High Country 2500HD diesel before picking this. They all had their pluses and minuses. The Denali is all new and so is the HD and that is why I drove them. The GM had a thicker steering wheel but softer material and working in construction I can't have the really soft leather steering wheel. The GM had really cheap faux wood grain compared to the F150, it is no comparison, but the GM has more stitched and fabric covered panels it seemed like.

I came out of a well optioned SR5 Tundra with some light mods on it. After owning the Toyota I will never again own another Dodge, I had 2 dodges, an 04 1500 Hemi and an 07 2500 Cummins 4x4.

Surprisingly the 2008 Tundra I will be lucky to get $16,500 for now at 95K miles has some advantages over the F150 and is still a good truck being the oldest model out. Worth a look if you are shopping. The truck is still really tight.

The F150 is getting in the 14's mpg on the display but don't know if I trust it yet till testing it a few times. Will have to see if the ford mpg meter is accurate over time. The Tundra mpg meter is very very accurate (I would say exact) and it is in the low 11's mpg right now and sometimes up to 12's depending on when I reset it.

I put a set of slightly larger Toyo ATIIs on the F150 to help the stance and get rid of the white walls. It rides a tad better.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:33 PM
I have the '15 platinum screw ,trading up from a '06 lariat screw that averaged 16.1 with the 5.4 . I am currently about 2000 miles and the average is a flat 19...with the 5.0 . The fit and finish on this truck is exceptional . I wasn't crazy about the full moonroof..$1200 ,but they couldn't find a '15 Black Platinum without it....so I got the moonroof almost like it didn't come with it. This is the first Black truck that I have had( I've always had black trucks) with the Brown seats and interior....and I like it . 45/70SS

Old 04-23-2016, 10:47 AM
2015 SCREW FX4 Lariat

I love this truck, it is platinum white with black/tan leather interior. I have the technology package and enjoy the numerous cameras and their functionality. One of the better features I like is the air conditioned seats... I pull a 24.5' boat with a tandem axle trailer. I spend extended weekends at our beach place and the air conditioned seats are awesome on those hot days after coming off the water. The truck tows excellent although I am not use to the towing function where the truck takes control of the transmission down shifting during braking. I can not help but laugh and my passengers think I'm doing it... so I use the manual mode and do the shifting my self especially since my boat trailer has progressive braking on it anyway.

1. The fit and finish of the truck is awesome, ergonomics I really like.

2. It has the full moon roof and I have not had problems mentioned from other owners. (I have 8900 miles on the truck to date)

3. I have the 5.0 engine with an aftermarket magna-flow dual exhaust system with the double walled red tail performance tips, sounds awesome.

4. I installed the rear air bag system with single gauge controller mounted under the drivers side rear wheel well. This is only used when towing to keep the vehicle level due to the large boat. The truck tows great... plenty of power.

5. The bed liner I chose is the heavy duty rubber mat type with a tailgate cover as well. I just opted to not have a drop-in or spray in liner. I like the type I have, most cargo stays put since it has a tacky/grip type surface to the rubber mat plus it came with a load bar that stretches from side to side in the bed.

6. The only comparison I can speak of is my fishing buddy has a 2016 Dodge with HEMI engine. His truck is very similar to mine but after going out (both of us with our wives) several times his comments were "I should had looked more into the FORD.." he paid about 5500 more than I did. I think his trim package is Larime.

Lastly, I enjoy a lifted truck and that project is in the works... I enjoy this vehicle and time will tell. I had a 2006 tan model F150 I traded for this one back in March of 2015. I'll post pictures once I get the suspension upgrade performed.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:05 PM
my 2015

Originally Posted by btidwell
I know this is a F-150 forum and these kinds of sites tend to attract enthusiasts. That being the case, I sure would like your objective thoughts on your experiences so far. Ive been flat on my back for two months, have one more to go. Right before I was injured, I sold my 05 King Ranch. It was the best truck I've owned and I've owned a 1/2 truck from every manufacturer except Nissan. There are some design elements I don't care for on the 15's. I'll explain why below. If someone can tell me if I'm correct or overly concerned.

1. Address the overall experience with the truck to date.

2. Specifically address the quality of workmanship and particularly materials used. ANY thing you haven't liked so far?

3. What engine did you chose, the gas mileage in city and highway. If your a light footed driver or a heavy footed driver it would help me understand your results.

4. The new center control column (radio, a/c heat etc.) is wrapped by a lot of black semi glossy plastic -- does this show finger prints and dust excessively. I really wish they had continued with the wood grain column as in the 13/14. The wood grain was sharp and didn't show finger prints like the earlier models.

5. The leather seats appear to have very thin leather or the leather doesn't quite fit in many of the pictures I've seen. Is this just the pre-production trucks or are you experiencing the same thing.

6. Does anyone have experience with the latest generation of RAM trucks to compare and contrast. The materials in the RAM seem to be very very good. I only ask because the F-150 has become so very expensive. I owned a Dodge pickup years ago and it was just -- okay but I know a lot has changed in 10 years.

7. I've read that the Ford spray in liner isn't as good as Linex bedliner. Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time, I think there may be a lot of folks out there who would like to know your experiences so far.
1) I have had my 2015 Super Crew since late July of last year. It is my 5th F150XLT and it is quite a change up from my 2006 F150XL reg cab.

2) so far everything has worked well with haven't had any issues. Now I was hit by another driver in March, she basically drifted into my lane and gave the passenger side of my truck a NASCAR Kiss. The Aluminum was fine, the body shop replaced the lens on the tail light and the passenger side running board and repainted. it looks great

3) I have the 3.5 liter engine and it really depends on how i'm driving it has I have a bit of a heavy foot sometimes. if i'm traveling and not in a hurry I set the cruise control and I get above 20 MPG, however If I'm on SH130 (the toll road that bypasses Austin between Georgetown and San Antonio) I have gotten as low as 9 MPG (but then again the speed limit on that toll way is 85 MPH

4) I keep a micro fiber cloth handy to wipe of the touch screen but since I use the control switches on the steering wheel not too many issues.

5) I have the cloth seats, but I plan on putting camo seat covers to protect them

6) My nephew bought a new RAM 1500 Diesel a few months before I bought mine. It is a nice truck, although he has had 1 or 2 minor issues the service dept. has addressed. That it offers a diesel in a 1/2 ton pickup would be the only reason I would consider it (I kept hoping Ford would offer it) Even though they are good trucks I just have had too much bad experience driving the crap that Dodge built in the 70's and 80's in the service because the military were the only ones buying them.

7) have the spray on bed liner and have not had any issues so far

Old 04-26-2016, 01:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay, I'll bite! 2015 Lariat SuperCab FX4

just hit 9000 miles. Have only found one concern, that my passenger door window opened randomly. Might be a loose wire, or bad switch. But I have found no cosmetic problems, no operational problems, and certainly no stomp-on-that-pedal-and-MOOOOOVE problems!

2. Specifically address the quality of workmanship and particularly materials used. ANY thing you haven't liked so far?

I know almost everything inside a new car is made of plastic. My 03 Screw was clearly made of plastic, and felt like it sometimes. This truck does not feel that way. It is solid, comfy, rigid and plush. This is far too luxurious a vehicle to consider a truck any more. This has impressed everyone who has sat in it with me. Especially the 120VAC plug right in the dash. Laptop users can celebrate!

3. What engine did you chose, the gas mileage in city and highway. If your a light footed driver or a heavy footed driver it would help me understand your results.

V8. I know, I could get maaaaybe an extra mileage of fuel efficiency with the 3.5 but the test drive proved to me I'm always going to want a V8 under my hood. This engine is ready for WORK.

4. The new center control column (radio, a/c heat etc.) is wrapped by a lot of black semi glossy plastic -- does this show finger prints and dust excessively. I really wish they had continued with the wood grain column as in the 13/14. The wood grain was sharp and didn't show finger prints like the earlier models.

IT'S A TRUCK! IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DIRTY! An ugly truck is a beautiful thing! If you want a shiny baby, go get a sports car! I intend for my truck to get FILTHY, abused, beaten, dented, scratched, smeared, and WORN OUT by the time I'm done with it. Finger prints better have some mud and grease on them or MAN CARD REVOKED!!! Wood grain belongs in a Lincoln.

5. The leather seats appear to have very thin leather or the leather doesn't quite fit in many of the pictures I've seen. Is this just the pre-production trucks or are you experiencing the same thing.

I have always hated black leather seats. Burn your thighs in the summer heat sitting in the sun, always look dirty cuz dust and crumbs show up instantly. Having said that, I absolutely love my black leather seats! They feel just as durable as any leather seat. No problems from me so far.

6. Does anyone have experience with the latest generation of RAM trucks to compare and contrast. The materials in the RAM seem to be very very good. I only ask because the F-150 has become so very expensive. I owned a Dodge pickup years ago and it was just -- okay but I know a lot has changed in 10 years.

I have been in the Warren Truck Assembly Plant on 8 Mile and Mound, many many times. My company's equipment is in there. After seeing some of the behind-the-scenes stuff, especially in the paint shop, NEVER EVER BUY A RAM. They have been rust buckets since 1994, and always will be. Thinnest sheet metal ever, and worst quality paints ever. Ever notice how a Ram truck's paint gets really faded and flat after about three years? There's a reason....

7. I've read that the Ford spray in liner isn't as good as Linex bedliner. Any thoughts?

I got the Bedrug instead. Sorry.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:40 PM

10,000 miles. Longest trip 5000 miles. I'm coming off a lifetime of Chevy vehicles. Two of them trucks. Never really had good luck with them. My last one, 2003 silverado was a nightmare. Still I put money into it for 12 years. Anyway, so far I love this truck. Just about everything about it. I have a camper and I feel like I'm driving my livingroom on long trips (I mean the truck!)

So far, so good. Metal, plastic, etc. All seems to be in place, no leaks and everything looks well fitted. The truck bed scratches when you look at it. I had it Line-x'd and that solved that problem.

V8. 5.0. I'm a light foot driver. I consistently get 19-22 mpg on the road depending on how much I stay in town or go on the highway. With my camper, a V nose cargo conversion, it drops to 12mpg. It has to be wind drag as my previous low, teardrop, just as heavy hardly made a dent in the mileage.

I haven't cleaned the interior except shaking out my husky mats once in 10,000 miles. It does need a dusting but no, it doesn't show much and fingerprints are pretty much a non issue.

I tried a lariat and the one thing we noticed right away in our test drive was the seats. The first thing we noticed is that they were hard, not comfortable at all. The leather was stretched drum tight and as we sometimes travel thousands of miles in one trip, it was a deal breaker. We opted for an XLT 302A package. Those seats (cloth) are great.

Don't know... I've always stayed away from Dodge products from experiences friends of mine have had with them. Granted, those experiences are a few years old now. I remember about 10 years ago the shop teacher at the school I was working at showed off his new RAM truck in the parking lot. He had a hard time starting it, and when he did you could hear a very audible knock. It was a gasoline engine. It got worse and he traded it a few months later. My brother in law had a dodge van for his electricians business. It rusted out badly in a few years. His chevy one didn't.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just hit 20,000 miles, bought it July 24. Still nothing but good things to say.

There's a couple dumb things I dont like, and have posted about, design related. But all in all, A++++.

Super annoying how the 12v ports will power themselves off, sucks when you are trying to have something charge while you are away from the vehicle.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by crazynip
I just hit 20,000 miles, bought it July 24. Still nothing but good things to say.

There's a couple dumb things I dont like, and have posted about, design related. But all in all, A++++.

Super annoying how the 12v ports will power themselves off, sucks when you are trying to have something charge while you are away from the vehicle.

I agree. At least one usb port hot. My old trac phone with the battery that doesn't stay charged a long time will die and disconnect if I don't drive a few hours every few days.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel Gagner
I agree. At least one usb port hot. My old trac phone with the battery that doesn't stay charged a long time will die and disconnect if I don't drive a few hours every few days.
Yeah, this is something that they changed from the last models, I think all previous models had at least 1 12v port hot at all times.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:59 PM
I have the base 2015 3.5L Supercab which is hard to find in any color other than black and white....mine is silver.
I am impressed with how bad *** the frame is! For $26,300 plus T,T, and title at Mullinax Ford, I really couldn't pass it up.
Fit and finish is quite good.....very impressive!
The only thing about the truck I don't care for is how difficult it is to check the transmission fluid.......I will have it checked at the Ford dealer when they rotate the tires, no dipstick under the hood.
Very quiet interior and the A/C is powerful. The telescoping tilt wheel is a blessing for me and doesn't block any of the gauges.
Ford has hit a home run with the 2015 in my non "Fan Boy" opinion.
I like the way the exhaust sounds too.
I traded in a 2003 F150 Supercab with the 5.4 and the 3.5L non ecoboost 2015 is actually quicker even though it has WAY LESS torque.
20+ mpg overall leaves a smile on my face after I leave the pump, my 03 5.4 only got 15 overall.
Name:  001_zpsrrkutibk.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  245.9 KB

Old 05-18-2016, 09:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Finally hit it!

And I did my oil change last night. Holy CRAAAAAP am I a fat bastage, cuz I bottomed out against the running boards! I am very happy to see that the oil pan AND the drain plug bolt both have their eurethane seals, so you don't have to gorilla-strength torque it down. Cracked free nice and easy. Oil filter didn't even need a wrench to loosen. But I bought the wrench anyway! Quite easy to reach, even if the front bumper's wind dam doesn't allow you to skooch under there.

I do need to get a better solution for filling the oil. The valve head's filler port is at a 45-degree angle, and my funnel does NOT stay put. I think I'll go with the Custom 2-Liter Pop Bottle method. Maybe a laundry detergent bottle with a handle.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:01 AM
picked up my 2015 F150 XLT FX4 SCREW in October 2015, have 11,000 miles on it, and so far it's been fantastic.
I love this truck! i'm not wild about the option packages they offer. I'd like to see more "ala-cart" type offerings, but other than that...LOVE it!

Old 07-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jkinger
I have no clue what it is for. I was thinking that the minute I dropped the tailgate for the first time. It almost looks like they missed a bolt. Next time I stop at the dealer I will ask them.
Pretty sure it
s for the optional bed extender rod that secures the extender to the lowered tailgate. Has a yellow handle and once you have connected the two extender halves and pivoted it back to rest on the tailgate your twist the yellow rod handle and it slides down into the hole in the tailgate to help secure the bed extender in place. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Old 08-01-2016, 11:24 AM
2015 XLT Sport SuperCrew

This is my third F-150 and favorite vehicle to date. I love this truck and a huge net promoter.

The quality on my truck is top-notch. I got the Tuxedo Black and the paint is stellar. Interior for me is perfect - I don't mind the plastic to the extent some others do.

I went with the 2.7 EB. This is my daily driver and I don't do a ton of hauling - mainly weekend trips to Lowes/Home Depot. I tend to drive very light-footed, setting my cruise at 65 on the highway, and for the first 6 months am averaging 20.1 mpg. I drive 150 miles twice a week to work, and on those trips up the NJ Tpk I get better than 26 mpg. All that said, this truck still has enough power to do everything I need. I am really impressed.

As I mentioned, the plastic doesn't bother me. I don't see a lot of fingerprints. Honestly, with the Sport package I think wood would look out of place.

Sport-cloth seats, sorry.

Sorry, Ford guy for life.

I was concerned about dent protection with a spray-in so I just ordered a DualLiner. I'll update when I get it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you own a 2015? If so, what is your experience to date??