2009 - 2014 F-150

Passenger side floor wet

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger side floor wet

My passenger side cushion under the carpet is soaked. the cushion up by the fire wall is dry. the floor and up to under the passenger seat is wet i have already checked the AC drain i blew it out but didnt see any water drain out i do not believe that is my problem. does anyone else have any ideas??? please help!!!! im a toyota man and got this truck on a good deal and i see why now....

Old 01-09-2017, 09:20 AM

What year, trim do you have. The 09-10's had a satellite antenna leak that went thru the front passenger side grab handle.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Look at the sound proofing on the passenger side firewall around the drain. Sometimes it can swell and the outer layer will end up beyond the end of the drain tube and the water will leak back into the cab. Smash the insulation down, the outside is metallic, and run a thick bead of RTV around the tube. There's a TSB out for the 2011 trucks for this.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
What year, trim do you have. The 09-10's had a satellite antenna leak that went thru the front passenger side grab handle.
mine is a 2011 lariat with a satellite radio. what was the remedy to fix the problem?

Old 01-09-2017, 10:09 AM
im new to the ford world. what do you mean there is a TSB out for this? and are you talking outside on the firewall or on the inside? and my truck is a 2011

Old 01-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On the engine side of the firewall. It's easiest to get to from the bottom. Once you have it fixed, park the truck with the nose downhill so all the water runs forward and will be easier to get cleaned in one shot. Also, pull up the door sill plate and make sure it's dry too. But this drain is mostly used in the summer in humid weather. Have you been running your A/C a lot lately?

TSB is a document Ford used to inform the dealership network of possible problems and repairs. They are not a recall and outside of warranty you will be charged for the work. They also may or may not apply to your truck. But they are a good place for a competent mechanic to start troubleshooting.

For the SAT antenna, pull off the passenger side a pillar cover and see if there's any evidence of water there. If it's bone dry that is not your leak.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:25 PM
awesome!!!! tomorrow I will do both of these and let you know what I came up with. I haven't been running the AC at all but I just bought the truck about a month ago and didn't even know my floor was wet until I was running a amp power wire and felt under the carpet and it was soaked. because the carpet itself is dry its just the matting under the carpet that is wet. I took and air nozzle and blew out the ac condenser drain but nothing came out afterwards but that doesn't really mean anything because the ac hasn't been ran in a couple months so it could have all evaporated out already I would think... I did order the 90 degree spout from ford to turn down the drain so the wind doesn't blow the water back in just to be on the safe side

Old 01-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Update!!!! Still need help!!!

okay... so i have cleaned out the AC drain and installed the $18 ford 90 degree down spout for the ac drain to keep the wind blowing water back in. i dried the carpet out and drove it a couple days and the matting under the carpet was dry. I then drove the truck threw the car wash and the matting under the carpet is wet again.... its not the matting up by the fire wall its the matting the would typically be right under your feet and wet backwards toward under the seat and around the rear ac duck work. does anyone have any ideas please please help!!!! im about ready to destroy this truck!!!! thanks in advance for all the help

Old 01-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Passenger floor wet update. Please help!!!!

okay... so i have cleaned out the AC drain and installed the $18 ford 90 degree down spout for the ac drain to keep the wind from blowing water back in. i dryed the carpet out and drove it a couple days and the matting under the carpet was dry still. I then drove the truck threw the car wash and the matting under the carpet is now wet again.... its not the matting up by the fire wall its the matting the would typically be right under your feet and wet backwards toward under the seat and around the duck work that runs to the rear air vents. does anyone have any ideas please please help!!!! im about ready to destroy this truck!!!! thanks in advance for all the help

Old 01-15-2017, 10:05 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
What year and type truck? didn't you already have a thread about this? If so you should add this to that that thread.

Did you check around the third brake light? That's a common leak location.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:10 PM
its a 2011 f150 lariat crewcab 4wd the back floor isnt wet its only the passenger front floor under the carpet

Old 01-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Jacob, I merged your two threads on this topic. Creating separate threads on a common topic leads to confusing responses that waste your time and can cost you extra money in repairs.

- Jack

Old 01-16-2017, 10:46 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jacob.johns.jj
its a 2011 f150 lariat crewcab 4wd the back floor isnt wet its only the passenger front floor under the carpet

Do you have a sun roof? If so I'd check around it REAL carefully, especially the front RH drain. I'd also pull off the pass side kick panel and see if it looks like any water has been running down the side, possibly from the windshield or sun roof.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:08 PM
thank you sir for your help

Old 01-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by joe51
Do you have a sun roof? If so I'd check around it REAL carefully, especially the front RH drain. I'd also pull off the pass side kick panel and see if it looks like any water has been running down the side, possibly from the windshield or sun roof.
i do not have a sunroof but i do have satellite radio... im going to take off the piece that runs down by the windshield that the oh SH** handle attaches too and see if i see anything there.