2009 - 2014 F-150

Ecoboost moaning while under load

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LS1powerhouse02
UPDATE:
I pulled the BOVs off and sure enough the driver's side had a tear in it. I replaced both sides with OEM replacements. Problem solved!
​​​​​​
Do you happen to have the part number for these?

Old 01-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
​​​​​​
Do you happen to have the part number for these?
Sure do!
CL3Z*9U465*A

Its the same part number for both driver and passenger side. I was able to get to both through the wheel well without even removing my wheel/tire.

Old 12-03-2023, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just joined for your message. My son-in laws F150 has a similar sound with loss of power. History of this is last month he had the death rattle of the timing chain. Ford wanted 7K to replace so I did it for him with 1K worth of parts and 5 days in the garage. after all that no codes for a week. then he got a low oil light and not being mechanically minded he added 2 quarts of oil without checking the dipstick. He came back with 7 codes all due to the oil foaming up Ithink. Told him to get the oil changed so it would be emptyed and refilled to proper level. After that he cam back with one code, the PO299 "under boost" code. following many Youtube suggestions I cahnged the Blow off valve. Code cleared and ot ran good for a day. Code came back and it started to sound like yours, around 1500 rpm, under load. I have chaecked the exhaust manifold bolts, the three sensor on the intake tubes. the sound is loader on the passenger side, so I checked that turbo for the waste gate and the fins for end play and free spinning. I am going over all the hot and cold side tubes now. still scratching my head trying to figure this out. If I find something I'll let you know and would you do the same?! Hope its not the turbo!

Old 12-03-2023, 08:04 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
What year? Assume 3.5 Ecoboost?