2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Truck or iPhone Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck or iPhone Problem?

2014 XLT. I do not know if I have a problem with truck settings or iPhone settings. Bluetooth is activated and I receive phone calls via truck Bluetooth. But when I use my Google Maps app for navigation, alerts do not come through via SYNC, and they do not play on the phone. When the truck is off, the phone plays alerts and directions fine. But when the truck is running, and the Bluetooth indicator on the SYNC screen shows active, alerts do not come through sound system. It is as though the phone is defaulting to the truck, but the truck is not picking up. Again, phone calls come through the system fine. Suggestions?

Old 10-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Ford Customer Service
Hi orthodoc,

The vehicle does not automatically play the audio through the speakers. You must switch the media source to Bluetooth Stereo. You can do this handsfree by using the voice command BLUETOOTH AUDIO. I hope this helps!

Shaay

Old 10-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I agree. It's a little annoying, but the truck is the "slave" and the phone is the "master" in the Bluetooth connection. So the truck doesn't have priority and processing capabilities to interpret the incoming BT sounds and play them over a CD or Radio for example

Old 01-07-2017, 10:11 PM
i have had that problem in the past, but my Google Maps on iPhone 6 (iOS 10.2) does bluetooth alerts thru the truck SYNC system (2010 FX2 w/o touchscreen SYNC). make sure your Google Maps 'Settings>Notifications' has "background navigation instructions" on/selected. this way no matter the media audio source, i get a "incoming call" from the iPhone with Google Notifications "turn left in 1 quarter mile...".
another tip is to not use the power button to 'sleep' your iphone when using Google maps, i have found that will break the maps notification for some reason. on long trips the Google Maps will suck down some juice even if plugged in to power source.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:47 PM
I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.2 (the latest) and frequently have to do a hard reboot of the phone to get the phone to give Audio navigation. This is regardless of the app (Waze or Navigation). I don't use Google Maps since moving to Waze.

You aren't restricted to Bluetooth Audio for this. If you have an Apple Lightning cable and plug it into the USB port you get everything BT does, plus more information on Sync when playing iTunes.

Quick Reply: Truck or iPhone Problem?