Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A lot of feedback in pedal

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of feedback in pedal

Hey guys,
I'm new the the forums so please bear with me. I have a 2013 Ecoboost Xlt. Lately when I accelerate, I feel a lot of vibration, or some sort of struggle in the pedal. It used to not do this. I don't have any error messages or anything like that. I notice it a lot when I'm on the highway and need to speed up. Also, when I floor it, a lot of white smoke comes out. Is that normal?

Thanks

Old 02-12-2016, 10:27 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
If you have 40k miles on it, it's time for new spark plugs. You may also have a load of condensation in the intercooler.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by glc
If you have 40k miles on it, it's time for new spark plugs. You may also have a load of condensation in the intercooler.
Thanks for the reply! I have 33k miles

Old 02-13-2016, 10:50 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Doubt the plugs are the issue. Mine started it today and I have less than 10,000 miles on the truck. I also have the 3.7. Truck runs great, fuel mileage by Scangauge is the same, just a vibration on the gas pedal and it "feels" like the pedal is being strained. Strange feeling for a pedal that's not really hooked up to anything except a wire.
FWIW, before this started, I was in a parking lot, turned the wheel full lock and it made a loud pop and buzzing sound. I immediately turned loose of the steering wheel and it quit and hasn't done it again but I wonder if it has anything to do with the gas pedal.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
Doubt the plugs are the issue. Mine started it today and I have less than 10,000 miles on the truck. I also have the 3.7. Truck runs great, fuel mileage by Scangauge is the same, just a vibration on the gas pedal and it "feels" like the pedal is being strained. Strange feeling for a pedal that's not really hooked up to anything except a wire.
FWIW, before this started, I was in a parking lot, turned the wheel full lock and it made a loud pop and buzzing sound. I immediately turned loose of the steering wheel and it quit and hasn't done it again but I wonder if it has anything to do with the gas pedal.
Maybe it's just me being paranoid...At times the turbos are at there max it's just there isn't that power that should be there, and that's when the vibration in the pedal comes in. It's kinda strange.. I notice that this happens when I'm at a half tank of gas or less. When I fill up, the truck is smoother than ever and no struggle to get going or vibration in the pedal.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:41 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Labnerd
Doubt the plugs are the issue. Mine started it today and I have less than 10,000 miles on the truck...
Originally Posted by Brad8899
Maybe it's just me being paranoid...At times the turbos are at there max it's just there isn't that power that should be there, and that's when the vibration in the pedal comes in...
Hey, folks!

I'd recommend mentioning this pedal issue to your dealers so they can inspect. Come back and share your results; I'll be here if you need any help following your appointment.

Crystal

Quick Reply: A lot of feedback in pedal