Blinker timing fast after swap

Old 02-11-2016, 05:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blinker timing fast after swap

Recently changed front headlights and rear tail lights. The front don't have a LED flasher but the rear ones are LED and came with a Relay wired to them already (I assume that is what the black block that was connected to the wire harness). I'm guessing since there is a mis-match in voltage between the front and rear flasher that is the reason for the "faster" flasher/tick (in cab). I've got most of it figured out (I think) but I'd rather be for sure on the solution. First off I need to get a pair of LED flashers for the front if/then that doesn't resolve then resort to a lower voltage relay in the fuse panel if/then that doesn't work actually splice wires to make a by-pass type relay for the voltage offset. The later result I really don't want to do since the system I have now is just PnP (Plug and Play). Any suggestions on what type of LED to get to replace stock amber bulb and possibly Relay for the fuse panel since my online searches have yielded few results.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:02 PM
So your front turn signals are still the regular incandescent bulbs? Your problem will get worse if you put LED bulbs in the front. The tears are the problem. The resistance is lower with the LED's so the flasher system gets messed up.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:58 AM
That's why I'm thinking of changing to lower voltage relay to match the LED voltage. But another issue I may have is when I hook up my boat trailer are those lights running off the same relay or a different one?

Old 02-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Had to remove the second thread as only one is allowed per subject. Just causes too much confusion to have two going. Moved the original thread.

Thanks

Old 03-25-2016, 10:00 AM
To fix this, you just need to install a resistor in parallel with the LED. You can find them on
Amazon for $8 Amazon for $8

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blinker timing fast after swap