2009 - 2014 F-150

Door lock acting strange

Old 08-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door lock acting strange

I Have a 13 fx4 screw. I am having problems with having to pull my driver door handle twice to open. I have seen other threads with issues like this but here is where mine differs. When I get out and lock the doors with the switch inside on the armrest and then try to unlock with the key fob, I have to pull the handle twice to get it to open. First pull is like the door is locked. Now, when I get out and lock the door with the key fob, and then unlock with the fob, the door opens correctly on the first pull. You can physically hear the door lock and unlock whether you use the switch or the key fob. It really doesn't make sense to me to work one way, but not the other. Any info would be great. Thanks

Old 08-31-2015, 10:51 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by suge
I Have a 13 fx4 screw. I am having problems with having to pull my driver door handle twice to open. I have seen other threads with issues like this but here is where mine differs. When I get out and lock the doors with the switch inside on the armrest and then try to unlock with the key fob, I have to pull the handle twice to get it to open...
Hi suge,

If you haven't already, I'd mention the handle issue to your dealership so they can diagnose. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal

Old 08-31-2015, 12:17 PM
Had the same problem

'13 KR. Under warranty they replaced the lock mechanism and all is well now

Old 09-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi suge,

If you haven't already, I'd mention the handle issue to your dealership so they can diagnose. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal

Old 09-01-2015, 11:01 PM
If I remember on some of the trucks their is a setting that makes a choice of 1 click or 2 clicks to open and lock the doors. It also may be a battery in your key for going bad. Most take a CR2032 battery.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by suge
Thanks for responding, suge. Let me know if you decide to get your dealer involved.

Crystal

Old 09-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by j76475
If I remember on some of the trucks their is a setting that makes a choice of 1 click or 2 clicks to open and lock the doors. It also may be a battery in your key for going bad. Most take a CR2032 battery.
I don't believe the fob is the issue. Mine is set to where one push unlocks the drivers door and push twice to unlock all doors. Its the issue of having to pull the door handle twice when locking with the switch on the door and unlocking with the fob. If I lock and unlock with the fob the door opens normal with one pull.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a revised latch for 2012-2013's built before March 1, 2013, I dug up a bulletin for it but, can't find it right now. I've been dealing with it for couple years now not wanting to bring it in as I feared my driver door would rattle after the dealer messes with it. When it is warm it happens all the time and if I push in on the door you hear a click noise then door opens fine otherwise it's two pulls for me. Since weather is going to be warm and my door rattles anyway (live on rough roads) I'm going to give them a shot. Plus my warranty expires at end of January so it's go time to handle these concerns. However, if they "cannot duplicate" I'll be seeing Red

Old 09-25-2015, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by RedWoodsMan1
There is a revised latch for 2012-2013's built before March 1, 2013, I dug up a bulletin for it but, can't find it right now. I've been dealing with it for couple years now not wanting to bring it in as I feared my driver door would rattle after the dealer messes with it. When it is warm it happens all the time and if I push in on the door you hear a click noise then door opens fine otherwise it's two pulls for me. Since weather is going to be warm and my door rattles anyway (live on rough roads) I'm going to give them a shot. Plus my warranty expires at end of January so it's go time to handle these concerns. However, if they "cannot duplicate" I'll be seeing Red
Good afternoon RedWoodsMan1,

What's the year and current mileage of your ride? I'll see how to best assist.

Thanks,

Todd

Old 09-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Good afternoon RedWoodsMan1,

What's the year and current mileage of your ride? I'll see how to best assist.

Thanks,

Todd
2013 born Jan 8, took delivery Jan 28. 27,xxx on odometer. Based on my driving warranty will expire at the same time and miles. Thanks Todd.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:48 PM
2013 born Jan 8, took delivery Jan 28. 27,xxx on odometer. Based on my driving warranty will expire at the same time and miles. Thanks Todd.
You're welcome, RedWoodsMan1! Please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, and preferred Ford Dealer's name; I'll dig deeper.

Todd

Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 PM
You're welcome, RedWoodsMan1! Please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, and preferred Ford Dealer's name; I'll dig deeper.

Todd
I'll get back to you Todd. Been too impacted with work lately to deal with it.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:32 AM
I'll get back to you Todd. Been too impacted with work lately to deal with it.
Hi RedWoodsMan1,

I'm Crystal; Todd was keeping an eye on things for me while I was out of the office. I completely understand having a busy schedule. If you need me to step in and assist in the future, just give me a shout.

Crystal

Old 10-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Crystal,

Truck goes to the dealer tomorrow afternoon so that they can (hopefully) duplicate this issue that has plagued me for a while now.

I told the SA about my issue and referenced the TSB 44244. Right now, I can't be without my truck all day so I told him that I am going to stop by, lock my truck, and wait until a tech is free so that I can be there when they attempt to open it.

I'll report back here ....and will PM you if I need to move this higher.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:22 PM
...I'll report back here ....and will PM you if I need to move this higher.
Sounds like a plan, RedWoodsMan1. I'll keep checking in here to see when you have any news.

Crystal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door lock acting strange