2009 - 2014 F-150

2013 F150 Lariat vibrations

Old 08-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 F150 Lariat vibrations

Just bought this truck less than a month ago, I felt a vibration at 75 to 77mph in the seat and took it in for a rotate and tire balance. It was still there with the new Goodyear Eagles that came on it. I took it in to Ford and the Load Force balance showed two tires way out of spec. I went ahead and switched to Michelin LTX M/S. I was assured the driveline, axle and wheels were checked. I still feel the vibration but not as bad.
I loaded up the bed with camping supplies, probably a couple hundred pounds including the dog and crate and took off with the family. No off-roading, we stayed on US Forest Service roads that were paved, on the way back I felt a vibration as I accelerated from a stop in the first 50 ft and it goes away. I got home unloaded the truck and took it out to test it again and no vibration with the weight gone. I am so frustrated, this is my first full size truck from Ford, it has 33,400 miles and from what I have read so far this is not so uncommon. I am ready to ask for my other vehicle back. Now I have two different vibrations to worry about.

Frustrated in New Mexico

2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat , all stock

Last edited by 2dawgs; 08-03-2015 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Left out speed
Old 08-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2dawgs
...I felt a vibration as I accelerated from a stop in the first 50 ft and it goes away. I got home unloaded the truck and took it out to test it again and no vibration with the weight gone...
Welcome to the forum, 2dawgs. Have you tried to replicate the vibration once you've added the weight back into the bed of your truck? If it returns, I'd recommend making an appointment at your dealership so you can demonstrate this for them. If you'd like, I can loop in your regional customer service manager. All I need to make that happen is a private message (PM) from you with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Old 08-25-2015, 12:54 AM
Well just like I thought, I took the truck in and was kinda treated like I had the plague or something and was told this was a normal condition for my truck. It makes me sick to my stomach to know that I paid this much money for the Cadillac of their trucks and nothing can be done to fix this!
When I really pay attention, the shudder is there at 5-7 mph when accelerating with no load, I was mistaken earlier when I said it was not there. Very light but it is felt.
Today I had some very light weight in the bed, maybe 75-100 lbs and I could feel the shudder. I guarantee the drive angle was not changed enough to cause that shudder.
I didn't even get the courtesy of having my driveshaft checked for balance. One thing for sure, I am sick of arranging to go to the dealer and being without a vehicle for the day.
On the countdown now to trade it off.
And Crystal, I spoke to the area rep, no help there. He just said a note was made and would advise me if a TSB came out.
Still Frustrated in NM

Old 08-25-2015, 09:05 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...And Crystal, I spoke to the area rep, no help there. He just said a note was made and would advise me if a TSB came out.
Still Frustrated in NM
Thanks for the update, 2dawgs. I know this has been frustrating for you; I'm glad that your CSM will keep you informed about any service bulletins. If you'd like, I can document your feedback about this. Since I already have your information on file, just send me a PM with any details you'd like me to include and I'll make sure it gets entered.

Crystal

Old 08-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Short bed or long bed 2dawgs?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:32 AM
I have a 2013 extended cab have same problems bad shake between 45 and 60 mph,have been trying to work with dealer to solve but they it is normal for f150`s ,I dont think it is normal to have to pull over to make sure the wheels are not falling off,think i will try to file a law suit or something there is enough complaints about this you would think the govt would at investigate it,I fill this is a danger,I have had my truck a yr and a half and only put 10,000 miles on it cant stand to drive it. so it now has 25,000 on it.A friend was following 1 day and when i got home he ask me if the bed was loose on my truck cause it looked like it was going to fall off, so all ican say is good luck

Old 03-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by MCDavis
Short bed or long bed 2dawgs?
6.5 ft bed

Old 03-19-2016, 06:33 PM
I know exactly what you are filling 2dawgs been dealing with this over a year, I think ford should at the very least have to disclose this problem to the customer before they buy 1. I was at gmc dealer today and there must have been 4 150`s hit the lot while i was there. I have been driving ford trucks sense I was 25 but will be the last ford product simply because their service and customer service stinks

Old 03-20-2016, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome to the forum, 2dawgs. Have you tried to replicate the vibration once you've added the weight back into the bed of your truck? If it returns, I'd recommend making an appointment at your dealership so you can demonstrate this for them. If you'd like, I can loop in your regional customer service manager. All I need to make that happen is a private message (PM) from you with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal
Well how about this Crystal, they finally admitted they felt the vibrations and said they went and got an identical new truck off the lot and felt the same thing in it but they offered no solution and did not document it in the service report. The rear seal went out on mine at 40,000 miles. They say unrelated to the vibration but I'm not convinced.
I also rented an expedition with the same drive train, ecoboost with the same vibrations. As soon as I can I will trade out to a different brand. You guys have lost me as a future Ford buyer.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:29 AM
Well how about this Crystal, they finally admitted they felt the vibrations and said they went and got an identical new truck off the lot and felt the same thing in it but they offered no solution and did not document it in the service report. The rear seal went out on mine at 40,000 miles. They say unrelated to the vibration but I'm not convinced.
I also rented an expedition with the same drive train, ecoboost with the same vibrations. As soon as I can I will trade out to a different brand. You guys have lost me as a future Ford buyer.
same here I think I have made a deal to where i get most of my money back

Old 01-22-2019, 08:01 AM
Never again....

Never again will I buy a Ford, bought a brand new f150 this year and traded in on a 4runner....

Old 10-04-2021, 05:09 AM
Check Your Cab Support Bushings

Old 10-04-2021, 08:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation

pghboi...
Just a *heads-up*...
  • The thread is 6-years old.
  • The last, previous post was 2-years ago.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 F150 Lariat vibrations