Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Couple PAC msfrd1 wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple PAC msfrd1 wiring questions

Hey guys,

Was hoping someone has installed one of these recently. I've got most of it sorted out, but have a few things that aren't in the manual.

I have this brown wire, coming out of the factory harness connection. There are 3 in total. Mute Output(Used), Mute Sensor Input(Unused). But no mention of this wire???

Then there is the Backup Camera wiring. Labeled as reverse light output. Tied into the headunit's reverse light backup circuit. Seems correct, this Nav harness plugs into the top lcd. Confused as to how it pulls current from the reverse light circuit?

Lastly I have a sub-amp. Usually would run rca's off the headunit's sub out connectors. The pac harness has sub input/audio out. I don't know why I would need to wire the rca circuit through the factory connections. As nothing but the amp needs those signals...I think it must be for a factory amp/sub setup(which I don't have).

Tried to make it short and simple, if anyone has any input I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by aviduser; 08-01-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, well I might as well answer my own questions in case it helps someone down the road.

1) The brown is a third mute wire, for factory amplified stereo's.

2) The reverse light to Nav is correct, some people say it may not put out enough voltage to get a signal to the headunit. Tapping into the reverse light wiring is a more sure fire method.

3) Lastly one set of rca's is for factory amplified, the other set needs to go to Aux Input on your headunit. This is for usb-audio. I tried using a female rca- 3.5mm stereo input on my headunit. Very poor sound quality.

In the end it seems sync just isnt going to work well on my 2 year old headunit. But oh well. The audio quality is greatly improved, and I have a backup camera now. So it was all worth it in the end.

Quick Reply: Couple PAC msfrd1 wiring questions