2009 - 2014 F-150

AC Condensation Water Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC Condensation Water Problem

Hi Everyone,

Please help me to identify the problem of my 2011 F150 XLT. Recently I notice the AC condensation water dripping down to front passenger floor from seemingly the blow box (see pictures) after a long trip. The piece of foam on the box was soaked. I thought it might be due to a poor AC drain but the water does drain underneath the truck. Dealer said the evaporator core is clogged and needs to be replaced at a price of $1500. I am not satisfied with their explanation and declined to the proposed repair. So, I am looking for your opinion.

Thanks.

Condensation water on the blow box underneath passenger side dashboard: the piece of foam is soaked.

Water dripping down onto the passenger side floor

Old 07-28-2015, 04:02 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
In the last thread like this everyone told OP that the evap was clogged and he didn't believe anyone. After weeks he finally checked it and found it full of mouse nests made of shredded upholstry material. I expect that you'll find something like that clogging yours too. You're going to have to open it up and find out. OR pay somebody to do it for you. I find fine leaf mulch in mine every time that I open one. It hasn't been a problem yet (other than making noise when the fan runs) but eventually enough would collect to cause other problems.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Thank you! That explains something: I have parked the truck near a big oak tree; its fine particle-like flowers were all over the truck and I do notice humming noise when fan speed is set on high. I will definitely check it out. Could you please suggest a good source of procedures so I can follow to clear the clog? Thanks again.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There was a TSB for the 2011 era trucks for this. I forget the number but the easy cure is to fill the area between the drain tube and the foil insulation with RTV. The water runs behind the foam and back into the truck. I did this last year and haven't had a problem since.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Thanks! I will look up the TSB.

Quick Reply: AC Condensation Water Problem