2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 Paint problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Paint problems

Has anyone had an issue with the paint coming up on the roof of their truck? I have about a dozen spots where the paint has come up from the roof and there is rust under where the paint came up from. A Ford body shop measured the paint and said it was applied too thickly. No evidence that it was painted other than at the factory. Corporate will only pay a fraction of what the total cost will be to repair it. If you have similar issues or had other paint issues, please let me know the outcome. Thank you very much.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The paint is coming off of my 05...inside tailgate, hood jambs, and roof dams under the molding...

Ford has had problems for years...my truck is medium wedgewood blue/arizona beige...Gm did too...

Toyota and Nissan had problems in the 80's and 90's with the solid blue typically found on Trucks...

Old 05-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh1313
Has anyone had an issue with the paint coming up on the roof of their truck? I have about a dozen spots where the paint has come up from the roof and there is rust under where the paint came up from. A Ford body shop measured the paint and said it was applied too thickly. No evidence that it was painted other than at the factory. Corporate will only pay a fraction of what the total cost will be to repair it. If you have similar issues or had other paint issues, please let me know the outcome. Thank you very much.
Welcome to the forum, Josh1313; I'm Crystal, the Ford Service rep here. What's the current mileage on your truck? Have you decided to proceed with the paint repair? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Quick Reply: 2010 Paint problems