2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TPMS help!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 02:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation TPMS help!!!!!!!!!

So I recently purchased a new 2011 Ford F-150 3.5L Eco boost. The previous owner had after market 24" rims on there and never got around to purchasing the new sensors for the tires. So I took it to a shop nearby and they were able to put on new sensors but the light was still on. I asked them why and they said I need to take it to a ford dealership to have them do a system reset. I've been googling ways to retrain my sensors and I tried the method of turning the ignition over 3 times blah blah blah. But when I emptied air out of my tire. The truck never honked. The tire just went flat. I haven't tried the hazard light method yet. IM going to try it tomorrow but a lot of the videos I watched on YouTube says that method only works for pre existing tpms sensors when you do a tire rotation. My stupid light just won't go off. Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated!!!!! I'm really trying to avoid going to a dealership cause they already quoted me 200 dollars just to retrain my sensors which Im sure I can do myself. I'm just missing something.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:12 AM
New sensors require an initial training to match them to the truck. None of the let the pressure out and do this or that will work. My tire shop has the device required to train sensors, I'm surprised yours didn't. That said, you could try another shop and see if they can assist, you can hit the dealer and feel somewhat raped by the process or you can go online and buy one of the little sensor training tools that Ford once provided with our vehicles (back in 07/08 on some trucks).

Myself, I would hit ebay and seach "ford tpms tool". It's the little beige device with the green dot in the middle, and buy one of the tools. All you need then is the instructions, which you can likely download.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:06 AM
Be careful with buying the tool. Some of the auctions I read said they work for my 2014 but when I go to like Amazon and search the tool it says it will not fit my truck. Not sure if that means anything. Make sure it lists your truck. But, if it works, its your best bet and probably cheapest. Plus, you can reuse it.

I have a new set of wheels with aftermarket TPMS installed in my garage waiting for decent weather. My local Discount Tire said they could sync them up for me.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:36 AM
You need the training tool, it a small remote like a remote car starter, you put the TPMS into learn mode and the go to each tire and push the button and the truck horn will beep as it receives a signal from each tire and your light will go off.

Quick Reply: TPMS help!!!!!!!!!