2009 - 2014 F-150

Traction Control thread, again...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traction Control thread, again...

Hey guys, new here. Actually a long time lurker, as I usually find the info I need, but this one seems to not have a definite answer.

So, I have a 2009 F150 2wd with a 6" suspension and 3" body lift, and running 37x12.5 on Fuel deep offset rims. Also, 4.88" gears and a Superchips programmer to recal the gears and speedo. As you can imagine, every time I turn, the ABS/TCS/RCS kicks in and brake checks the guy behind me.

At this point, I'm about to just pull the fuse for the abs/tcs/rcs and run it with the lights on, but my OCD hate dash lights. Not sure if the dealership can or would try to reprogram for 37" tires. And if they did, I would have to take the superchips programmer off, have them flash it, the add it back for the new gears that I'm running.

So I've seen that it could be a steering wheel angle sensor, a TSB for the ABS and a transmission TSB. Did I miss something where this issue has been fixed???

Thanks!

Old 01-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bkey79
Hey guys, new here. Actually a long time lurker, as I usually find the info I need, but this one seems to not have a definite answer.

So, I have a 2009 F150 2wd with a 6" suspension and 3" body lift, and running 37x12.5 on Fuel deep offset rims. Also, 4.88" gears and a Superchips programmer to recal the gears and speedo. As you can imagine, every time I turn, the ABS/TCS/RCS kicks in and brake checks the guy behind me.

At this point, I'm about to just pull the fuse for the abs/tcs/rcs and run it with the lights on, but my OCD hate dash lights. Not sure if the dealership can or would try to reprogram for 37" tires. And if they did, I would have to take the superchips programmer off, have them flash it, the add it back for the new gears that I'm running.

So I've seen that it could be a steering wheel angle sensor, a TSB for the ABS and a transmission TSB. Did I miss something where this issue has been fixed???

Thanks!

Dealer can't flash fer 37" 'ers - only factory sizes.

If you've corrected via ye canned handheld, then you've done the same as a dealer would have done.

You may still get some help from a dealer if those other items you mentioned are suspect. Depends on the specific dealer and whether or not they's be willin' to work with you on such a modified truck.

BTW - you bought the wrong programmer. You need a custom X4, from these fellers: www.morepowertuning.com. They may even be able to help. Call/email/PM 'em. We have a right friendly rep - his name is Mike - handle on here is MorePowerTuning.

good luck

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-24-2015 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spellin'
Old 01-24-2015, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey thanks! And appreciate the welcome! Hopefully Mike is around to see this, or I'll call em up on Monday and see what they have to say...

Quick Reply: Traction Control thread, again...