2009 - 2014 F-150

car wreck

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car wreck

So my wife got into a car wreck on Sunday while raining lost control of my baby and hit another car..my question is how much u think it should be to repair this all I have is a pic i don't know exactly whats damaged but air bag from driver side deployed Name:  20141116_135620_zpsf5p4cvdd.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  90.6 KB

Old 11-21-2014, 07:20 AM
I will make a guess of $7000. Pretty sure you will be getting an insurance estimate. Needs airbag, hood, grille, fender, lights, inner fender, and bumper just to name a few.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:50 AM

That sucks to see, man . . . That's part of why no one ever drives my truck. Even if I were married, I'd have a hard time with it haha.

Airbag being deployed isn't good, that thing must've gotten WHACKED. Those are expensive as hell to replace just by themselves.

In addition to the bumper, bumper pad, valance, fog light (?) grill, hood, door (?) fender, inner fender, headlight, airbag and fender emblem, you may need new wiring harnesses, a new wheel, tire, and several steering components. And the frame may be tweaked if it took a shot as hard as it seems it may have.

I could see parts costs, on the high end, for OEM Ford stuff, hitting $3-4k. And that's before labor and paint.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 11-21-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Dang man sorry to hear. I'm guessing $7know - $8. More importantly, how is your wife? Did she make it out OK?

Old 11-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hope she is fine.

I don't have a number but I would expect to pay your deductible. This is exactly why we carry insurance, so we don't have to care at all when it happens.

I would suggest one thing though, please stop by the shops you are looking at taking it too and check out their paint jobs. Look for dust in the finish and their overall quality. Someone with a top of the line paint booth is hard to come by and paint jobs can come out terrible, even if they are great at the work they do underneath you are looking at the paint in the end. Remember YOU choose where you want to take it, not the insurance company. They will suggest places but you tell them where you want it.

Best of luck.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Lol I know but oh well...insurance is saying the estimate is 11k but I'm thinking that's still way less cuz bags are expensive and I'm pretty sure there is suspension damaged..if they find more damaged will insurance write another check?..and yea she's ok and my baby is 2 thank god

Old 11-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Seen similar hits that cost $15k to fix...Hard to say until they tear into it.
Make sure they don't use cheap Chinese parts.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:21 PM
I can call insurance and say that I want OTM parts can't I?

Old 11-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Yeah, your ins will already look for that. I'd say 7000 minimum lol. Frame actually looks fine as whatever she hit was 2 feet off the ground.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:19 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Originally Posted by zAzF-150
I can call insurance and say that I want OTM parts can't I?
You certainly can, but they may or may not pay for them. Depends on the company.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:32 PM
I have state farm so I'm guessing they will..

Old 11-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Sorry about the accident, important thing is everyone is alright. Coming from past experience, I smashed the front end of my last truck 05 fx4. I dented bumper, cracked the cover above, and busted fog lights. It cost a few grand only for those couple things. I had to argue with my insurance company over parts. I was told being that the truck wasn't almost new I would get stuck with whatever was cheaper and not OEM parts. I guess depends on the insurance company.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by zAzF-150
I have state farm so I'm guessing they will..
Also remember something with your request for "OEM" parts. I work right next to a body shop so I know this.

I put quotes around "OEM" because it does not mean "new" OEM parts. They just got an entire rear door for a Jeep and I was like what's that for.

It's from a junkyard and they requested OEM parts. Well, the insurance company had the junkyard get them a used rear door off of a car that has been smashed in the front I presume.

It had bumper stickers on it and a few dings on it. So they will need to do some bondo on it as it is a completely used panel but still is considered "OEM"

If it was me I would rather have an aftermarket one that does not need body work on it! Just wanted to throw my .02 in here for you.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pockets
Also remember something with your request for "OEM" parts. I work right next to a body shop so I know this.

I put quotes around "OEM" because it does not mean "new" OEM parts. They just got an entire rear door for a Jeep and I was like what's that for.

It's from a junkyard and they requested OEM parts. Well, the insurance company had the junkyard get them a used rear door off of a car that has been smashed in the front I presume.

It had bumper stickers on it and a few dings on it. So they will need to do some bondo on it as it is a completely used panel but still is considered "OEM"

If it was me I would rather have an aftermarket one that does not need body work on it! Just wanted to throw my .02 in here for you.
Aftermarket parts tend to need their own body working to fit properly too. I'd personally rather have used OEM, but not if it's bad. Forgot about suggesting to insurance to get junkyard parts!

Old 11-24-2014, 01:36 PM
I called insurance and they said they do there estimate under OEM parts....so I called the shop to make sure they use OEM parts..and yes I've heard of getting parts from junkyard and fixing them as long as they are OEM lol..but thanks for the help guys...hopefully it won't take long I'll post pics after the fix

Quick Reply: car wreck