2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Corsa Exhaust Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Corsa Exhaust Systems?

Based on other posts in this forum I thought I had my choice of Cat-Back systems narrowed down to Borla or MagnaFlow.

A good friend of mine who has all the tools and garage to easily perform the install told me that he really likes the Corsa system he installed on his (GM) truck. Yes I know he is a Chevy fan so that is why I am here starting this thread.

I had never heard of this brand before. Does anyone have a Corsa exhaust on their 5.0L F150?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Old 09-29-2014, 12:12 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I do not, but I have now heard 2 on GM's in person and they sound glorious. It's a very unique too. A snarly higher pitched growl that sounds like the old muscle cars. Really neat tone.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Former Sponsor
The Corsa systems do sound good, but they are a bit pricey compared to the equivalent Magnaflow systems. We can get you a deal on either though.

http://truckyeah.com/corsa_performance/5l_exhaust

Old 09-29-2014, 09:39 PM
I have the Corsa on a 2012 6.2 with Roushcharger. It sounds awesome. No drone. Excellent quality. Bought it to replace the Roush exhaust I had. Roush droned really bad. Couldn't stand it. Might not have been as bad if I would have left the resonator. Roush looked like crap after just the two months I had it on. Corsa still looks like new after two years. Corsa is quieter at idle. Gets loud when you punch it. Roush was loud all the time. I believe the Roush was made by Borla. But I could be wrong. Now that I have headers. I do know the Roush would have been way too loud.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:27 AM
I had CORSA on my 2010. It was pricey, but by far the best sounding exhaust I have had on any truck. Zero highway drone and real crisp when I jumped on the gas pedal. If I keep my '13 for a while it will be getting a Corsa System. The quality of the Corsa system was also excellent.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:53 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
What people fail to understand is you can't compare Magnaflow to Corsa. They are not even close. I don't mean this to sound like a *****, but they're completely different. Drives me nuts. To some exhausts are noise, but each has their own sound (and way of attaining it)

Materials, sound, set-up... it's all different. There is a reason for the cost difference. If you're looking at Corsa, you want that sound and quality.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
What people fail to understand is you can't compare Magnaflow to Corsa. They are not even close. I don't mean this to sound like a *****, but they're completely different. Drives me nuts. To some exhausts are noise, but each has their own sound (and way of attaining it)

Materials, sound, set-up... it's all different. There is a reason for the cost difference. If you're looking at Corsa, you want that sound and quality.
Very different. Everyone likes what they like. 1.) Corsa 2.) Magnaflow.... to me anyway....

Old 09-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24

That is very true, they are very different sound wise, but most people cross shop them a ton. Like a Ranger and F350, they aren't even close to the same thing, but to many people they are just a truck and will get compared because of that.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:14 AM
I know nothing about Corsa Cat-Back systems.

As you already know, I have a Borla S-Type system. Something I failed mention in your other post was that some systems require the deletion of your spare tire. The Borla system does not. That was a selling feature for me. It is just another wrinkle in the decision process.

My only experience with Magnaflow was in using one of their mufflers on a made up rear exit dual Cat-Back system. It was on a 1998 Silverado with a 5.7 litre engine. It had a huge amount of drone. Their factory systems, I would hope, would be far better engineered than what I had made up.

Take care and good luck with your decision.

Green Gem

Old 10-06-2014, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by Green Gem
I know nothing about Corsa Cat-Back systems.

As you already know, I have a Borla S-Type system. Something I failed mention in your other post was that some systems require the deletion of your spare tire. The Borla system does not. That was a selling feature for me. It is just another wrinkle in the decision process.

Take care and good luck with your decision.

Green Gem
I am looking at the Borla systems on Jegs. Other than where the exhaust exits, do you know what the difference is between model numbers 140415 and 140416?

Thanks again!

Old 10-06-2014, 08:54 PM
See http://www.borla.com/?gclid=CPrHprupmcECFccRMwodq3kAHg . The 15 is a touring exhaust and will be quieter.

Take Care

Green Gem

Old 10-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Corsa dB exhaust kit sitting in my living room I hope to get it installed on my Tremor pretty soon

Old 01-24-2015, 10:40 PM
I had the banks monster exhaust on my 5.4. At highway cruising 1800-2200 rpm the drone was unbearable, but around town it had a nice mellow tone and not ridiculously loud. It was pricey so I tolerated it for a year before pulling it and going back to stock. I have been thinking of the Corsa db, but am weary since my first after market exhaust experienced sucked. The banks exhaust has been sitting in my shed ever since.

Quick Reply: Corsa Exhaust Systems?