2009 - 2014 F-150

Auto Spring Corp. Custom Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Spring Corp. Custom Leveling Kit

I am about to put a different brand leveling kit on my truck. I currently have a 3 inch Hell Bent Steel. My front fender is at 36 inches and my rear fender is at 39 inches. So I need a 3 inch leveling kit. I am about to buy an Auto Spring Corp leveling kit. However, they don't make a 3 inch so they will have to custom fabricate one for me. I know of a guy who bought the 2.5 inch for his 2009 FX4 and he said it lifted it 3 inches but it's my understanding that after you get it aligned, the front will settle. So my question is does anybody have the 2.5 AutoSpring and did it give you more than 2.5 inches? If not, I will give them a call and get a 3 inch custom made for me.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:09 PM

What's wrong with the HBS on their now?

If Autospring doesn't make one, it's probably because it causes too much stress on the front end and they know that. Maybe you should take the hint and give your ball joints and CVs a breather

They do make them for the 04-08s though.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
What's wrong with the HBS on their now?

If Autospring doesn't make one, it's probably because it causes too much stress on the front end and they know that. Maybe you should take the hint and give your ball joints and CVs a breather

They do make them for the 04-08s though.
The Hell Bent Steel is fine, it's just that for peace of mind I would like to have a steel leveling kit instead of aluminum (yes I know that sounds stupid, it's just a personal preference). Plus I just ordered Total Chaos UCA with their ball joints so I'll put that to the test.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:26 AM

The HBS ones are aluminum? That's stupid. I never figured "Hell Bent Steel" wouldn't be steel. Oh, looks like they make aluminum and steel ones. I've heard it argued that solid billet aluminum has the potential to be stronger than welded steel, but I'd rather have steel too, and I have an Autospring. With UCAs, your ball joints be fine, but the CVs still won't be happy (assuming you're 4WD).

Old 09-23-2014, 05:01 AM
The HBS ones are aluminum? That's stupid. I never figured "Hell Bent Steel" wouldn't be steel. Oh, looks like they make aluminum and steel ones. I've heard it argued that solid billet aluminum has the potential to be stronger than welded steel, but I'd rather have steel too, and I have an Autospring. With UCAs, your ball joints be fine, but the CVs still won't be happy (assuming you're 4WD).
No. I'm 2WD. One more reason I went with a 3 inch level. I know it will possibly wear out my front end kind of quick but not as quick as it would if I was 4WD.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:23 AM

I'm 2WD too, so you're perfectly fine with those aftermarket UCAs

Old 09-23-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm 2WD too, so you're perfectly fine with those aftermarket UCAs
That's good to hear! I always like some reassurance lol

Old 09-24-2014, 03:34 PM
wow guys I'm 36 3/4 on my front fender and 38 5/8 on my rear fender and its 4WD so I can only imagine how much taller mine would be with a leveling kit. Don't know why I said that lol guess I'm just thinking out loud. KMF Supercrew when you going to lift that beast in the air? I think mine will be lifted pretty soon. Just deciding which lift I'm going to use. I've narrowed it down to 2 different brands now.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by 4x4liftedprince
wow guys I'm 36 3/4 on my front fender and 38 5/8 on my rear fender and its 4WD so I can only imagine how much taller mine would be with a leveling kit. Don't know why I said that lol guess I'm just thinking out loud. KMF Supercrew when you going to lift that beast in the air? I think mine will be lifted pretty soon. Just deciding which lift I'm going to use. I've narrowed it down to 2 different brands now.
I got with some friends of mine today and we discussed my truck because I couldn't make up my mind, so I needed some fellow lifted F-150 friends that I knew personally to help me decide. My problem was that I couldn't figure out whether I should finish color matching everything on the truck first which would cost $1,600, or get the suspension and tires out of the way which would cost $4,000. So they talked me into getting my suspension and tires first then finish color matching the truck. So within the next 2 or 3 months I will have a 7.5 inch lift

Old 09-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by KMF SuperCrew
I got with some friends of mine today and we discussed my truck because I couldn't make up my mind, so I needed some fellow lifted F-150 friends that I knew personally to help me decide. My problem was that I couldn't figure out whether I should finish color matching everything on the truck first which would cost $1,600, or get the suspension and tires out of the way which would cost $4,000. So they talked me into getting my suspension and tires first then finish color matching the truck. So within the next 2 or 3 months I will have a 7.5 inch lift
that will make 2 of us KMF. I think the lift alone is going to cost me about 2100 and around another 700-800 to get it installed. wheels and tires whew that's a whole nother subject lol. ridiculous money. 7.5 inch lift will look great on your truck I think we are on the right path.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:54 PM
that will make 2 of us KMF. I think the lift alone is going to cost me about 2100 and around another 700-800 to get it installed. wheels and tires whew that's a whole nother subject lol. ridiculous money. 7.5 inch lift will look great on your truck I think we are on the right path.
Hell yea! Being that were not far apart, we should meet up one day and show off our trucks! I'm always interested to meet members in Louisiana and see their trucks.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Hell yea! Being that were not far apart, we should meet up one day and show off our trucks! I'm always interested to meet members in Louisiana and see their trucks.
that's cool with me man just let me know and we can set something up. LOL I just had another shop try to talk me out of doing anything taller than a 6" lift. I mean I can understand functionality and all and yes I know that I don't have a Ford F250 but look at my truck its the biggest truck available right under the 250s. I told the guy hey I just don't want to be part of the norm I see a lot of 6" lifts with 35s and I like them, yet I want to be different in my world different is a good thing.

anyway yeah we should meet up and show off the Rigs.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:10 PM
that's cool with me man just let me know and we can set something up. LOL I just had another shop try to talk me out of doing anything taller than a 6" lift. I mean I can understand functionality and all and yes I know that I don't have a Ford F250 but look at my truck its the biggest truck available right under the 250s. I told the guy hey I just don't want to be part of the norm I see a lot of 6" lifts with 35s and I like them, yet I want to be different in my world different is a good thing.

anyway yeah we should meet up and show off the Rigs.
What was his reasoning to talking you out of something taller than a 6 inch lift? I'm like you, I have the SuperCrew with the 6.5 bed which isn't that much smaller than the 250.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:07 PM
What was his reasoning to talking you out of something taller than a 6 inch lift? I'm like you, I have the SuperCrew with the 6.5 bed which isn't that much smaller than the 250.
His main reason was for the tire and wheel selection that I wanted to put on my truck when its lifted. I plan on going with a large set of wheels and tires and to do that I have to have a lift taller than 6". The other reason was that he stated I was going to have a difficult time turning the truck in turns with larger tires due to the width of the wheels and tires. I know ive seen guys with larger wheels and tires on the road all the time. I just don't want to be part of the norm as stated before. I still plan on lifting it beyond 6" regardless of what was said.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:53 PM
His main reason was for the tire and wheel selection that I wanted to put on my truck when its lifted. I plan on going with a large set of wheels and tires and to do that I have to have a lift taller than 6". The other reason was that he stated I was going to have a difficult time turning the truck in turns with larger tires due to the width of the wheels and tires. I know ive seen guys with larger wheels and tires on the road all the time. I just don't want to be part of the norm as stated before. I still plan on lifting it beyond 6" regardless of what was said.
What did you have in mind? Something like 24s on 37s?

Quick Reply: Auto Spring Corp. Custom Leveling Kit